Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Turets have no place in FPS

The dwarf turret has 100% accuracy, wallhack, too much HP, superior range, DPS and can be repaired...
    Im fine with simetra turrets as they are more like a point defence of small area, but the dwarfturret is simply a bit too much.

I would see the hero gone completely, but thats a bit too much to ask as he is having a bit of fanbase i think... so Wouldnt be better to nerf the accuracy and target aquire time a bit. If I play FPS I prefer to be murdered by real players, not AI controlled contraptions that has no place in this genre.

Well, they couldn't of made a TF2 clone without the Engineer :P

By that argument of being an FPS there is no room for melee, but we still have it.
    Though I understand the frustration of a non-player controlled part.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Well, they couldn't of made a TF2 clone without the Engineer :P
    Well it's not a clone so :P
    Misusing the word "clone" as so many other memers do
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    The dwarf turret has 100% accuracy, wallhack, too much HP, superior range, DPS and can be repaired...
    Im fine with simetra turrets as they are more like a point defence of small area, but the dwarfturret is simply a bit too much.

I would see the hero gone completely, but thats a bit too much to ask as he is having a bit of fanbase i think... so Wouldnt be better to nerf the accuracy and target aquire time a bit. If I play FPS I prefer to be murdered by real players, not AI controlled contraptions that has no place in this genre.
    "I can't outsmart and easy to kill Ai controlled contraption."

I think the answer you'll find here is "git gud."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

He's still a very niche pick even with the advantages the turret has.

If it was that good, you'd see him picked on every team's defense phase. But you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

It's not gamebreaking, but I do think the turret needs some more weaknesses. Either a slower lockon or just make it susceptible to knockbacks, displacing a turret would be better counterplay than just shooting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Tbh, im not some super nerd nolife pro in OW, im around lv 105 now with 55% win ration and rank around 60 but i never head even slightest problem with that turrets rly. Only situation when we lry need to adjust was 6 dorfs in oposit team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a reinhardt tank the turret for about one and a half seconds while a pharah shoots said turret.

Congrats, you just nullified torbjorn.

Or if you don't want to play pharah, use a Mccree. Or 76. Or Junkrat. Or Widowmaker. Or hanzo. Or Genji. Or any hero without signifcant weapon damage dropoff.

And if you don't have a Reinhardt, have literally ANY TANK soak the damage. Winston can put down his shield. D.va can use her defense matrix. Zarya has her bubble. Roadhog can just sit there and tank it.

Stubbornly refusing to adapt to a situation can and should net you a loss.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Pretty much this.

People who get wrecked by a 6 torb stack fall into same category.

"But damnit I want to play Genji! I don't want to switch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Make it a 180 degree rotation and lower the range a tad. I mean it's a joke that it auto locks on at sniper range basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess, you say EZ after every win?
    No, only the ez ones.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Honestly, why does it feel like people that complain about Tor are people that try and 1v1 a turret while sitting in plain sight of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree, but they are so deeply into TF2's ass that they had to copy the Engi as well.

Pretty dumb that they'd copy the Engi but not their counter class, the Spy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I agree with you 100%

I haven't really seen any sweet spots for Tor turrets. Most locations I've ever seen them they are easy to get down just ducking in and out of cover with a Pharah or even a Tracer when close enough to the corner. Maybe it's been fixed, but I've never been targeted by a wall clipping Tor. He's very easily countered by any team with a Rein or a flanker that can just press D>A>D>A while firing (reversed as needed). Hell, he's even a good Zarya players wet dream as they can easily bait the turret into charging the damage from her shield.

Don't assume that because you suck, a hero requires nerfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Nice opinion

Have a reinhardt tank the turret for about one and a half seconds while a pharah shoots said turret.

Congrats, you just nullified torbjorn.

Or if you don't want to play pharah, use a Mccree. Or 76. Or Junkrat. Or Widowmaker. Or hanzo. Or Genji. Or any hero without signifcant weapon damage dropoff.

And if you don't have a Reinhardt, have literally ANY TANK soak the damage. Winston can put down his shield. D.va can use her defense matrix. Zarya has her bubble. Roadhog can just sit there and tank it.

Sums things up rather nicely.

Deleted

of all the things that are bad about this game, and there are many (and I still enjoy it!), Torb is not one of them.

His turret is not OP at all, it cant handle multi targets it dies easily. It really is a case of learn the map.

Shit, turrets don't last half a second in my mmr rating. They are a joke, tolb himself is more of a threat than his turret.

You are not going to have overwatch without turrets as it is based on team fortress and the turret was a big part of the game, so you can hang this up and just learn how to deal with them.

Here's a hint, use push to talk to tell your team where it is so they don't die to it too and it gets wiped out before you get back. Let your team lemming into it unaware and that turret is entirely your fault.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-15 at 01:33 AM.