Poll: Who will Trump pick for his VP?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I live in his State. He is bad. I can go into great detail about how in his time barely being in office he hurt our economy more than Trump can dream of doing.

Also it doesn't fucking matter if Hillary is a bigger scumbag. There are other fucking parties.
    Odd. I have relatives who live in Indiana and they do not share your feelings about Pence.

And yeah, it does matter how bad Hillary is. Because it will be ether her or Trump who is the next President.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I bet that Bernie would not get the nomination and I won that. And I was very close on France winning the EURO. I'm not THAT unlucky
    Are you betting against Trump in the general election?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ted Nugent? ah I fucking wish, two of the clowiest of the clowns. would love to see Nugent have a melt down in front of people actually paying attention to his dumb ass.
    Hey now, he was one letter away from being secretly married to a Sheman... That's progressive...

(Her name is Shemane... /rimshot)
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Odd. I have relatives who live in Indiana and they do not share your feelings about Pence.
    Let me guess: They live in a cornfield and not in one of the cities full of meth addiction, no police budget, and overcrowded prisons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Trump's VP news conference has been postponed due to event in Nice, France.
    Good idea, we wouldnt want the news to gloss over it since they will be in wall to wall coverage of the France attack repeating the same information about it over and over for at least the next 4 days. On the other hand the wall to wall coverage of the France attack will only help Trump as every terrorist attack does, because he is right when he says we need to ban immigrants and refugees from the Middle East

10+ Year Old Account

And yeah, it does matter how bad Hillary is. Because it will be ether her or Trump who is the next President.
    It's not feelings. His changes to state law in regards to gay discrimination, has caused a lot of business to stop hiring. Including Angie's list, which pulled around 1000 jobs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Let me guess: They live in a cornfield and not in one of the cities full of meth addiction, no police budget, and overcrowded prisons?
    This is a too common response we see on this forum. No good reply, so a resort to insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Thinks of himself as a grand visionary and proposed moon bases. Not sure if he actually wanted to rule them though.
    Hehe. Didn't Hilary say she was going to unveil the UFOs at Area 52 if elected? We've had a VP that couldn't spell potato. http://www.rantpolitical.com/2015/04...e-white-house/

I dont' see some of those as stange.. but I'm sure there are others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's not feelings. His changes to state law in regards to gay discrimination, has caused a lot of business to stop hiring. Including Angie's list, which pulled around 1000 jobs.
    What was the change?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a too common response we see on this forum. No good reply, so a resort to insulting.
    Thats because all these liberals think that everyone should live in tiny crammed apartments like they do in New York and Tokyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Way to overgeneralize. Thats such an asinine statement. She me one example of where he bashed gays or said he hates them. He never came out and said he hates gay people, or that they dont deserve to live in Indiana. All he did was sign a bill that allows people to practice their religion (as the first amendment guarantees)and not be forced to participate in gay weddings. Only a handful of businesses would even take advantage of it and there are plenty of other places for the gays to go and get a wedding cake made, or have their wedding reception
    I am not sure why you even bother to post claims of any type. Each time you do folks bash you over the head with the facts and you scurry away.

"In 2003, Pence, then representing the sixth congressional district of Indiana, co-sponsored an amendment that would have prohibited same-sex marriage. Four years later, he voted against the Employee Non-Discrimination Act, which aimed to prevent job discrimination based on sexual orientation. While in Congress, he opposed a bill aimed at more effectively prosecuting hate crimes based on sexual orientation and voted against the repeal of the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy."
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...t-abortion-gay

"In 2000, his campaign website declared he wouldn't support federal funding to care for people living with HIV/AIDS unless money was cut to programs "that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus." He advocated instead for programs that would seek to change "sexual behavior."
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...ghts/78257192/

And that's before the bill.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Pence was a terrible choice, but I'm not surprised that he picked a white dude considering the fact that Trump hates both minorities and women. He could have picked a minority candidate to easily counter Clinton's identity politics, but he didn't.

Pence isn't even from a swing state; he was the governor of Indiana, which was projected to be red for this presidential election anyways.

I think Trump wants to lose, maybe this was all a ploy for marketing/publicity/ego after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    He could have picked a minority candidate to easily counter Clinton's identity politics, but he didn't.
    It's kind of sad that you would want someone to pick a minority or a woman not because they were the best qualified but to counter the pandering from the opposing side. I hate the world I live in sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence was a terrible choice, but I'm not surprised that he picked a white dude considering the fact that Trump hates both minorities and women. He could have picked a minority candidate to easily counter Clinton's identity politics, but he didn't.

Pence isn't even from a swing state; he was the governor of Indiana, which was projected to be red for this presidential election anyways.

I think Trump wants to lose, maybe this was all a ploy for marketing/publicity/ego after all.
    Hehe. Na. I was watching a news phone conference with Trump this evening that took place about a hour ago and Trump said he had not made up his mind yet. Soooo..... lol.

Hehe. Na. I was watching a news phone conference with Trump this evening that took place about a hour ago and Trump said he had not made up his mind yet. Soooo..... lol.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/politi...ice/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not entirely. He's talking about the USA general trend of rural areas going red, as did Indiana in the 2012 governor election in which Pence did not receive 50% of the vote. (The libertarians split the otherwise very, very close vote). He was also pretty accurate in terms of major urban Indiana problems. There are more meth labs in Indiana than any other state, the state's newspaper has been reporting overcrowding prisons for over a year, and, well, Pence actually increased the police budget recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ted Nugent? ah I fucking wish, two of the clowiest of the clowns. would love to see Nugent have a melt down in front of people actually paying attention to his dumb ass.
    They would have been the kings of the draft dodgers instead of the kings of comedy. Since Ted Nugent basically shit himself to dodge the draft, and Trump had a "medical deferment", even though his first physical didn't show medical problems. So most likely he paid a doctor off to get him out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence was a terrible choice, but I'm not surprised that he picked a white dude considering the fact that Trump hates both minorities and women. He could have picked a minority candidate to easily counter Clinton's identity politics, but he didn't..
    ...easily? Name three minority/women candidates who are both qualified, and would be willing to do it. Yes, it would have been the smart move, "see I have a black friend", but the list for such was self-inflictingly short.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Good idea, we wouldnt want the news to gloss over it since they will be in wall to wall coverage of the France attack repeating the same information about it over and over for at least the next 4 days. On the other hand the wall to wall coverage of the France attack will only help Trump as every terrorist attack does, because he is right when he says we need to ban immigrants and refugees from the Middle East
    Actually the real reason is Christie has chained himself to the doors of Trump's apartment till he names him the VP candidate. But it is amusing that you see Trump doing this as yet another political calculation as the good short-fingered vulgarian he is.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems pretty clear then. But one thing does concern me. He can not have a VP running mate who publicly denounces his policies. Which Pence has. So he has to change his stance. But I still think it was a smart pick for Trump. He had said he wants someone who is a insider in politics ( knows his way around the inside workings of Congress ) and he certainly needs someone who can help unify the party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, not entirely. He's talking about the USA general trend of rural areas going red, as did Indiana in the 2012 governor election in which Pence did not receive 50% of the vote. (The libertarians split the otherwise very, very close vote). He was also pretty accurate in terms of major urban Indiana problems. There are more meth labs in Indiana than any other state, the state's newspaper has been reporting overcrowding prisons for over a year, and, well, Pence actually increased the police budget recently.
    It was a insult. And no, I have one relative who is a high paid medical records administrator who makes 6 figures a year who lives there. So his guess was wrong. :P

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Are you betting against Trump in the general election?
    Not really. I only bet on things I have extreme confidence of happening. I really expected Gingritch to be VP and I bet on him. It did not happen and I'm not betting for quite a while now.