10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    I'm so over these terrorists... Its bout time some nation nuts up and just carpet bombs Syria with hugs and kisses .. Cant fight hate with hate!
    But you CAN bomb them with bombs. Terrorists are like school yard bullies. When you can put them in their place, they will find weaker targets.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Fill up the Mediterranean?
    Better not spoil my view.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    And how exactly would you suggest you stop desperate people from risking their lives crossing that sea?
    Send them back?

This is what I've never gotten about the European states and their welfare. They are positively generous, welcoming, probably the friendliest to immigrants on earth. America's Spanish speaking Hispanics would KILL to have the rights and privileges that their Muslims and Arabic speaking counterparts get in the EU.

In the US Hispanics are treated like shit, a huge chunk can be worked like slaves because they have even less rights than the American worker which is leagues behind even the typical Turkish immigrant in Germany.

And yet, despite abuse, hatred, and talks of border walls and open racism by politicians, the US has had no bombings from the Hispanic population. We are positively cruel to them by comparison, but the North Africans and Middle Easterners? The European States have given them everything and more, more rights than even US citizens could dream of, more benefits than can be imagined, the sort of generous package even Bernie Sanders couldn't promise in his wildest dreams, they can run their own little enclaves, they can do anything, the police are even sensitive to immigrant crime making sure to keep it on the down low so there won't be racist reprisals. And yet? Bombings, Shootings, Riots, and mass sexual assaults ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

As you can see here: http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/country.php?id=83 the passage from Turkey to Greece is more or less closed. I guess that is because of the closed border to Macedonia and because of the deal with Turkey that every illegal immigrant will be send back to them. For every immigrant they get back this way they can send one to Europe legally. So there is no incentive to cross the border.

Fill up the Mediterranean?
    No, I think he means we should build a wall through the mediterranean. Like 100m tall above sea level. This is the typical level of argumentation that I expect from these people. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Are you blind? Didnt i just tell you that people that got here before October got accepted? Do you honestly think that amount of people are processed within weeks? Are you thick?
    I don't know how the system works there, it is weird that you have so long time for decisions then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Turkey and Europe needs to say fuck you to both Syria and Russia, and USA if needs be. Invade Syria and wipe the fuckers out of existence. I've been calling for this since the beginning. I called for an invasion of Syria by coalition forces to wipe them almost two years ago.
    If we invaded two years ago when we could, this refugee crisis would have never happened. But at the same time due to all previous messes made in the middle east nobody want to go in first and be another US and Iraq story.

Australia has a bottleneck to guard. In our case they are coming from everywhere.
    More people go to australia than here even though geographic location means it's easier to come here than to australia, japan, taiwan and south korea are closer than australia to many conflict zones but people don't come here in large amounts anyways
    Last edited by Hana Song; 2016-07-15 at 12:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Send them back?

This is what I've never gotten about the European states and their welfare. They are positively generous, welcoming, probably the friendliest to immigrants on earth. America's Spanish speaking Hispanics would KILL to have the rights and privileges that their Muslims and Arabic speaking counterparts get in the EU.

In the US Hispanics are treated like shit, a huge chunk can be worked like slaves because they have even less rights than the American worker which is leagues behind even the typical Turkish immigrant in Germany.

And yet, despite abuse, hatred, and talks of border walls and open racism by politicians, the US has had no bombings from the Hispanic population. We are positively cruel to them by comparison, but the North Africans and Middle Easterners? The European States have given them everything and more, more rights than even US citizens could dream of, more benefits than can be imagined, the sort of generous package even Bernie Sanders couldn't promise in his wildest dreams, they can run their own little enclaves, they can do anything, the police are even sensitive to immigrant crime making sure to keep it on the down low so there won't be racist reprisals. And yet? Bombings, Shootings, Riots, and mass sexual assaults ect.
    Like I said before, these people have no need to ever change their ways, for the reasons you mentioned.

They get showered in rewards for being abject failures.

Positive reinforcement works for children, not adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    And then leave old Europe to deal with the consequences again. Thanks "ally".
    I sure hope we don't leave you guys alone.. I would stand for EU 100% - we stand behind EU always

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Turkey and Europe needs to say fuck you to both Syria and Russia, and USA if needs be. Invade Syria and wipe the fuckers out of existence. I've been calling for this since the beginning. I called for an invasion of Syria by coalition forces to wipe them almost two years ago.
    *chuckles*

Just as I expected. Reactionary knee-jerk logic. Tell me, what happens after you invade Syria and annihilated what is by and large an innocent population?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    A hundred years ago (and more), the immigration in both US and Canada was Irish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, etc. All Europeans. All Christians (with a few Jews). Immigrating in christian countries who were founded by European nations (France, England). So, yeah, integration happened.
    You forgot the significant portion of Asian immigrants, who were neither European nor Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I don't know how the system works there, it is weird that you have so long time for decisions then
    Yes we got the whole nation working on processing these refugees, good thinking. Immigration workers got burnt out because of paper work. That's how bad it was. And i don't even think everyone is processed yet. It's not weird, they look over each case.

NATO should have made a safe zone back 2 years ago and this Syrian migrant thing would have been a non issue or a much less of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If we invaded two years ago when we could, this refugee crisis would have never happened. But at the same time due to all previous messes made in the middle east nobody want to go in first and be another US and Iraq story.
    Iraq invasion could be handled WAY better if it wasn't for USA rejecting any sort of Sunni involvement in the government or military. You know what those Sunni generals did? They joined to fucking ISIS and are still fighting among its ranks this day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Australia has a bottleneck to guard. In our case they are coming from everywhere.
    The Mediterranean sea is not so big, come on now.

Besides, so what if some of them make it to your borders? Send them back home, or to whatever island you wish to use to house them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Better not spoil my view.
    We can paint a horizon on the wall for you, with a nice painting of the European coastline in the distance.

Yes, Malta would be on the wrong side, sorry mate. It's been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    *chuckles*

Just as I expected. Reactionary knee-jerk logic. Tell me, what happens after you invade Syria and annihilated what is by and large an innocent population?
    You may want to re-read what I wrote because I don't think I suggested annihilation of local population en masse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Send them back?
    We actually do send them back.

After establishing they're from a country labeled safe to return to. The process is slow though (bureaucracy) and labels can change during these processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Problem is what do you want those ppl on the borderlines to do? gun down those that want to cross the border? because that is the only way that works.
    And i alrdy see the newspapers that bordercontrol kills childeren and women.
    Send them back?

Look, it sucks if people get themselves killed on the seas, but that isn't on you. That is on them. And maybe when they see that everyone who goes and tries either dies, or ends up back where they came, they will stop.

Encouraging them is actually bad. Who wouldn't take the risk if you knew that there is a solid chance the coast patrol will rescue you, feed you and shelter you while they see about getting you a place to stay?

If I knew that me, leaving America to go to Europe would end with them rescuing me, housing me, feeding me, finding me a good job, and basically bending over backwards to accommodate me and my American way of life, You think I wouldn't hop on some shitty ass boat and try my luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    We actually do send them back.

After establishing they're from a country labeled safe to return to. The process is slow though (bureaucracy) and labels can change during these processes.
    Send them back (period). All that extra shit aint necessary.