Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Were they particularly significant?
    "By 1852, there were 25,000 [Chinese immigrants]; over 300,000 by 1880: a tenth of the Californian population... who wanted to make their fortune in the 1849-era California Gold Rush. The Chinese did not, however, only come for the gold rush in California, but also helped build the First Transcontinental Railroad, worked the southern plantations after the Civil War, and participated in setting up California's agriculture and fisheries. From the outset, they were faced with the racism of settled European population, which since the 1870s culminated in massacres and forced relocations of Chinese migrants into what became known as Chinatowns. Also with regard to the legal situation, the Chinese were by far more badly posed in the United States than most other ethnic minorities. They had to pay special taxes (all foreign miners had to pay a tax of $20 a month), were not allowed to marry white European partners and could not acquire U.S. citizenship."

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I'm not surprised that you know nothing of how WW2 started, or why it started.
    Hitler seeking a random pretext to kill millions of ''subhuman slavs'' ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    A migrant crisis that have nothing to do with Muslim terrorism in France, since French muslims terrorists are not migrants
    Tell me, how did their parents or grandparents get to france? as migrants no?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Because they stand their asses off in front of that border for you. I mean, I don't expect you to fuck every one of them for it, but a little gratitude wouldn't go amiss. They're probably not too keen to doing duty in SK.
    I don't show gratitude for someone doing their part of a deal, I don't particularly like them due to how they act here

Deleted
    Any faith that calls for violence or preaches it should not be allowed in any civilized world.

It's a cult of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "By 1852, there were 25,000 [Chinese immigrants]; over 300,000 by 1880: a tenth of the Californian population... who wanted to make their fortune in the 1849-era California Gold Rush. The Chinese did not, however, only come for the gold rush in California, but also helped build the First Transcontinental Railroad, worked the southern plantations after the Civil War, and participated in setting up California's agriculture and fisheries. From the outset, they were faced with the racism of settled European population, which since the 1870s culminated in massacres and forced relocations of Chinese migrants into what became known as Chinatowns. Also with regard to the legal situation, the Chinese were by far more badly posed in the United States than most other ethnic minorities. They had to pay special taxes (all foreign miners had to pay a tax of $20 a month), were not allowed to marry white European partners and could not acquire U.S. citizenship."
    So no then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What has the patience of the left wing got to do with me?
    My point was that even those most disposed to sympathy ( the left) do not have infinite reserves of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So say this is in fact a terrorist attack, why is France targeted so often?
    There are a LOT of Arab Muslims in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's pretty racist to make such assumptions. We should wait till we get the facts instead of speculating.
    No it's not, Arab Muslims are 97X more likely to be terrorists than anyone else.

https://twitter.com/ddeaconblues/sta...28113339686913

Audible Allahu Akbars.

These terrorist attacks shouldn't be happening if they had stronger gun control.

Tell me, how did their parents or grandparents get to france? as migrants no?
    Dude, even if you are a Muslim, you are not a migrant if you are born in the country.

The tolerant religion of peace and love has struck again

INB4 all the virtuous hashtags

#prayfornice
    #notallmuslims
    #icarewhilethisistrending

Like that is gonna help stop the ideology that killed another 70 people and maimed 100 others

Do you know the concept of failure to aid performance? It basically means if you could help but you intentionally don't, it's equal to harming them actively. Again, this doesn't gel with western values.
    That is a moral/philosophical argument. It is not the same as harming them personally in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Yeah, I'm really glad (people like) you aren't in charge here. That's some borderline nazi-thinking right there.
    I disagree.

Anyway, desperate times call for desperate measures. Either you start taking a more heavy handed approach, or you can continue to watch your countrymen die.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I don't remember Europe being attacked this much before Arab dictators fell, and before US/EU started training and financing "moderate rebels"
    It used to be Catholic extremists killing everyone, damn Islamification of terrorism! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Hitler seeking a random pretext to kill millions of ''subhuman slavs'' ?
    For the love of god go watch a documentary or read a history book if you think that was Hitlers main goal in starting the war.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is off-topic and I don't want to derail the thread but it is quite clear that you are clueless about the process. I suggest you to read what happened pre-90s (86-89), between 1990 and 1999, between 2004-2008 and finally 2015 and forward. Turkish army annihilated entirety of PKK three times and going strong to a forth one. Due to problematic approach to solve the issue socially and politically, PKK gained momentum by recruiting more people several years after a complete root. Turkey is militarily successful, politically and socially? not so much.
    Do you see the problem with trying to fight terrorist organisations militarily? Do you understand why I'm saying it's pointless to attempt to annihilate them? I mean, you're literally spelling it out yourself... do you not see this? How in the world are you not making the connections when you actually use the literal words in the correct order in a coherent sentence?

Here, I'll quote you:
    Turkish army annihilated entirety of PKK three times and going strong to a forth one. Due to problematic approach to solve the issue socially and politically, PKK gained momentum by recruiting more people several years after a complete root.
    I couldn't even phrase it better than you did.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    My point was that even those most disposed to sympathy ( the left) do not have infinite reserves of it.
    Well I am on the right and I am still never going to agree that slaughtering unarmed people on a boat is acceptable.

Soooo... I'm guessing by your logic, those drowned people will somehow walk across the mediterranean sea floor back home and while they ooze sea water out of their various orifices, they will tell the story of how they were sunk?

Is this US logic at work?
    Let it me televised. 1000 yards, give a warning to turn around, if they don't boom.

Meh, whatever.....you can just keep letting him in and have more and more terrorist attacks and women raped. Either way, not my problem. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    In case people are wondering what dar al-harb and dar al-islam entails within the Muslim world.

"The world is divided into the House of Islam and the House of War, the Dar al-Islam and the Dar al-harb. The Dar al-Islam is all those lands in which a Muslim government rules and the Holy Law of Islam prevails. Non-Muslims may live there on Muslim sufferance. The outside world, which has not yet been subjugated, is called the "House of War," and strictly speaking a perpetual state of jihad, of holy war, is imposed by the law. The law also provided that the jihad might be interrupted by truces as and when appropriate. In fact, the periods of peace and war were not vastly different from those which existed between the Christian states of Europe for most of European history.

The law thus divides unbelievers theologically into those who have a book and profess what Islam recognizes as a divine religion and those who do not; politically into dhimmis, those who have accepted the supremacy of the Muslim state and the primacy of the Muslims, and harbis, the denizens of the Dar al-harb, the House of War, who remain outside the Islamic frontier, and with whom therefore there is in principle, a canonically obligatory perpetual state of war until the whole world is either converted or subjugated."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aralislam.html

http://atheism.about.com/od/islamice.../daralharb.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisi...world_in_Islam

Is that from the Koran or Sharia Law or something like Sharia Law?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

For the love of god go watch a documentary or read a history book if you think that was Hitlers main goal in starting the war.
    To people like that, Hitler = whatever it is they happen to be against at the moment. It's funny to watch.