Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Well, they couldn't of made a TF2 clone without the Engineer :P
    Torbjorns turret is nowhere near of power to engineers turret. They even don't play the same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I haven't really seen any sweet spots for Tor turrets. Most locations I've ever seen them they are easy to get down just ducking in and out of cover with a Pharah or even a Tracer when close enough to the corner. Maybe it's been fixed, but I've never been targeted by a wall clipping Tor. He's very easily countered by any team with a Rein or a flanker that can just press D>A>D>A while firing (reversed as needed). Hell, he's even a good Zarya players wet dream as they can easily bait the turret into charging the damage from her shield.
    Because there is no "sweet spots", you drop it, it dies. It's extra 300/150 HP + DPS that enemies have to consider and address, while you crap on them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Several characters can shoot at The turret whilst being out of its firing range so maybe if you are bogged down by Torbjórn switch to a character that can kill it without being in The line of fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP, have u tried not running face first into the turret?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    OP, have u tried not running face first into the turret?
    After the patch you can comfortably pick D.VA and do exactly that!

You could probably do it now even.

Well honestly their are some situations where a semi well defended turret can screw over the other team more so then normal players and in some cases almost as bad as semi well defended Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    100% agree, but they are so deeply into TF2's ass that they had to copy the Engi as well.

Pretty dumb that they'd copy the Engi but not their counter class, the Spy.
    The Engie counter class is Soldier/Demo. Rockets in particular destroy sentries in only a few hits- doing far more damage relative to Pharah's rockets.

The difference is that Torbjorn's turrets have a far greater range than Engineer sentries. It's quite easy to outrange a sentry, but Torbjorn turrets will hit nearly anything in line of sight, as there's far fewer large open areas in Overwatch maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    The dwarf turret has 100% accuracy, wallhack, too much HP, superior range, DPS and can be repaired...
    Im fine with simetra turrets as they are more like a point defence of small area, but the dwarfturret is simply a bit too much.

I would see the hero gone completely, but thats a bit too much to ask as he is having a bit of fanbase i think... so Wouldnt be better to nerf the accuracy and target aquire time a bit. If I play FPS I prefer to be murdered by real players, not AI controlled contraptions that has no place in this genre.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'm sorry dude. You have to be playing at a level where Torb is an issue, and it's not a precious metal tier.

Every time I play Torb, I'll tell you what happens- the enemy team runs into line of sight, turret opens fire for 1-2 second, it's dead. I collect scrap, place down level 1 turrets, but really I'm playing a watered down Hanzo/Reaper. Same with Bastion. I set up for a second and I'm dead, I have more luck going Recon mode. Even when I get the much-dreaded Reinhardt+double Bastorb combination, all I have to do is swap to Symmetra and lob Photon Orbs at them to force them to scatter where my team just mops up, or outright kill them.

Ironically, Torbjorn does far better on offense than defense.

It's as they say- git gud.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it may not be strictly speaking op, but it is obnoxious and anti-fun.

Deleted
    OW is not a typical FPS -.-
    To me (not been playing any fps since BF1942) OW has unique mmo style elements to it, which I like. AI stuff just being more like a pet, and deserves a spot in the game- the power just need to be balance well to be fair.

Deleted
    If you want to complain about Torbjörn complain about his theoretical 966 DPS during ultimate.

Or alternatively git gud

pick zarya, go in first a couple time and have tracer/genji sneak up on it. turret dead and you have full zarya ult/dmg

A little late to the party pal.

People stopped complaining about torb and bastion after learning how incredibly easy it is to counter them.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Don't assume that because you suck, a hero requires nerfing.
    ^ 100% This...

10+ Year Old Account
    The dwarf turret has 100% accuracy
    And you can still dupe it.
    Wallhack
    Nope? You can even see the damn aim-beam to calculate its location!
    too much HP
    Stage one can be 1-2 shot, stage 2 can be 3-5 shot (counter, learn it).
    superior range
    No? ANYONE can outrange the turret, and kill it.
    DPS
    Oh, I don't see you complain about grenades, or Symm-turrets
    and can be repaired...
    And you can get healed, Bastion can get repaired. You can still stop the repairs.

All this just looks like a problem in learning to counter.. inb4 console? (This isn't a console war, but some had complaints about it being too reactive on them).

Im fine with simetra turrets as they are more like a point defence of small area, but the dwarfturret is simply a bit too much.
    WHAT!? You're okay with 6 turrets to create choke points, but not 1 turret that can only be placed on one surface, while Symmetra's can be on walls, floors, roof, ceiling, payload and almost up the ass of Bastion? And not to get on the point that Symmetra's turrets slow people as well.

I would see the hero gone completely, but thats a bit too much to ask as he is having a bit of fanbase i think... so Wouldnt be better to nerf the accuracy and target aquire time a bit. If I play FPS I prefer to be murdered by real players, not AI controlled contraptions that has no place in this genre.
    It DOES have a place in this genre, this isn't just a FPS game, but a game where you have to think -COUNTER the damn heroes. Even a Mercy can kill a Torbjörn turret...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Torb is OP people just dont know how to play him

he will get nerfed once people understand how overpowered he is

Phara is his only real counter and she sucks =P

Pharah is a good counter, so is Junkrat and Reaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    A little late to the party pal.

People stopped complaining about torb and bastion after learning how incredibly easy it is to counter them.
    Hear hear!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Torb is OP people just dont know how to play him
    Torbjorn is good but not OP. At high level play, he is mediocre to bad though. It really depends on where and how you play him, and with what comp. But in general, he is no where near OP status -- it's already hilarious that console players have a tough time with him. Not that I don't understand, considering many people can't snap aim as well as with the general lower skill consoles tend to have.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Torbjorn is good but not OP. At high level play, he is mediocre to bad though. It really depends on where and how you play him, and with what comp. But in general, he is no where near OP status -- it's already hilarious that console players have a tough time with him. Not that I don't understand, considering many people can't snap aim as well as with the general lower skill consoles tend to have.
    Positioning makes all the difference between an average and a good torb player. The classic position for a turret is on the lift at the first point on Hollywood. It covers both the flank and the point, and has the added advantage of moving up and down.

I do agree with the 'git gud' crowd, it's pretty easy to counter it, especially with a tank soaking it. However, trying the flanking route with a Tracer or a Genji is a pain because you're going to either be dropped or left with little health left.

People need to learn to counter the situation and not just play their favourite.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Positioning makes all the difference between an average and a good torb player. The classic position for a turret is on the lift at the first point on Hollywood. It covers both the flank and the point, and has the added advantage of moving up and down.
    And unfortunately, unlike the TF2 Engineer, you really have to experiment with Torbjorn's turret placements. There are many spots where it just plain... Sucks, honestly. In comparison, Torb has to play with his sentry like a mini-sentry from TF2. Otherwise it just gets taken out SUPER easily and does nothing. Granted, plopping down a level 1 turret anywhere when trying to fight is also a valid tactic if your turret died recently (Or you really need the extra surprise small DPS boost).

Deleted
    In a class based FPS brawler all about various extremely differing archetypes, yeah Torbjorns turret does have a place.

It's role is to effectively deny areas for flankers and lighter combatants, anything with bulk or healing assist will simply shrug it off unless the ulti is popped. If his team mates are guarding it, you need your team mates to help kill it.

All in all, it is a very fragile extra target that can't dodge unless it is placed on a lift. Play smart and it won't bother you overly much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And unfortunately, unlike the TF2 Engineer, you really have to experiment with Torbjorn's turret placements. There are many spots where it just plain... Sucks, honestly. In comparison, Torb has to play with his sentry like a mini-sentry from TF2. Otherwise it just gets taken out SUPER easily and does nothing. Granted, plopping down a level 1 turret anywhere when trying to fight is also a valid tactic if your turret died recently (Or you really need the extra surprise small DPS boost).
    Except, putting down a lvl 1, it'll be gone fast but it is a good aid - and it doesn't boost in Molten Core. They aren't really that OP, only if you as the enemy can't handle to counter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..