Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    You can also level up the old fashioned way. What happened to having fun playing the game the way you want to play it instead of clearing everything in it, whilst any player not from your server is no different from the tool you are using to do your content.
    NO. When everyone has been pushed to use game tools LFR/PreG, no people will use any 3rd party tools any more. You think you could create a community but you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because it has unfair advantage over solos, you would need a separate queue for full premades same as they introduced seprate queue for twinks which upped the wait time for them to oblivion.
    This is retarded. All social behaviors in this game need "unfair" advantage. Mythic raids have your "unfair" advantages too. People need be rewarded as socializing.

How could an AV/Ashran guild survive without allowing them queueing as a raid? Blizzard JUST HATES WPVP/AV.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I have seen the consequences some PVP communities 1k+ people and lasting for at least 5 years dismantled in WoD.
    Isn't guild cap 1k characters? Don't understand this either way. No the pre-made group tool is just an advanced version of spamming in trade chat. You still have to communicate. What you may be seeing is how teams being gone and how all PVP can be done cross realm now is taking hold.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Isn't guild cap 1k characters? Don't understand this either way. No the pre-made group tool is just an advanced version of spamming in trade chat. You still have to communicate. What you may be seeing is how teams being gone and how all PVP can be done cross realm now is taking hold.
    No. I mean some 3rd party communities. Especially some 3rd party voice channels. They had over 1k+ even 10k+ online people back in MOP. Today, they all die.

Deleted
    I think that the removal of "natural" social events, or simply dumbing various content down so any group of 5 strangers can do them is a bad thing for the game overall, even if it is handy for many individual players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    WoW can go back to 10 million players EASY if they just rip out LFR, LFD, phasing, and all the other antisocial tools and force people to make friends again. If that means some players who want to be antisocial leave, so be it because its for the betterment of the game.
    Do you actually believe this?

Nothing's stopping anyone from being social. Blaming tools for your own social inadequacy is laughable. All the reasons for being social are still there, it's just that the people bitching the loudest about how the game's lost the social aspect, are those that needed others to be FORCED into "socializing" with them, and confuse "manual grouping and finding of groups" with social interaction.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-14 at 12:46 PM.

So online communities dried up as people left WoD in droves? How is this a surprise?

Seems to me having a shit excuse for an xpac does more harm to the game than some supposed "antisocial" features that are completely optional in how and/or whether they are used (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Pretty much this. Eventually you stop playing the game after being online to do whatever and you hang out with people in much more meaningful interactions. WoW isn't meant to be social 95% of the time that you are playing. The entertainment focus takes priority over the friendship building aspect of the game. Chances are also pretty good that the 'friendships' that you build over the game won't be long term unless you connect with them outside of the game, such as with social media like facebook or something (which from personal experience I don't recommend).
    Lol that's just a ridiculous blanket statement, my experience playing WoW was completely different. I did make RL friends and socialize with my wow guild mates outside of wow, sometimes even traveling to a different country to do this.

It used to be..

easy to make friends, hard to get loot.

now it's..

easy to get loot, hard to make connections.

When people can't make social connections they leave. It's an mmo not a single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    Lol that's just a ridiculous blanket statement, my experience playing WoW was completely different. I did make RL friends and socialize with my wow guild mates outside of wow, sometimes even traveling to a different country to do this.

It used to be..

easy to make friends, hard to get loot.

now it's..

easy to get loot, hard to make connections.

When people can't make social connections they leave. It's an mmo not a single player game.
    A blanket statement that applies to the average gamer more than your experience of sometimes going out of the country to meet up with people from the game. Your experience is more of an outlier in this topic than the experience of someone making a friend in game and then losing touch with them after a handful of months.

It really isn't anymore hard to make connections now than it used to be. You like someone who talks a lot in trade or general, engage in conversation with them. You enjoyed playing with someone who often forms groups on the Blizzard lfg tool ask if you can add them on b-tag or real ID so you can group with them more often. The very concept of adding friends cross realm or through real ID means it is easier to know when other friends are on so you can stay in touch. You enjoyed playing with multiple people in arena well now you aren't locked to a single team, or even throwaway teams. People are pug raiding much more often guild raiding nowadays when compared to Vanilla-Cata. This exposes you to more players who you can choose to talk to and form friendships with. I fail to see what is exactly stopping people from making friends nowadays, or that makes it harder to do this.

Let this god damn topic die already.