Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Quetzl, come on, seriously, you can't possibly be this delusional. Let me say it plainly:

Someone as far left as Jill Stein will never win a national election in the US.

Ever.

Under any circumstances.

This choices could be Satan and Martin Shkreli. It wouldn't make any difference. Anyone with the barest knowledge of US politics and capable of being objective will tell you: no one who's further left than Bernie Sanders has a chance in a US national election.
    Again, it depends on how she presents herself. I doubt she would be pushing for the same policies in a general election debate as she is now with the greens. People tend to forget policy changes very quickly; see: Clinton, Trump.

If she has a powerful debate performance and can paint her opponents as authoritarian warmongering toddlers, she could attract quite a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Again, it depends on how she presents herself. I doubt she would be pushing for the same policies in a general election debate as she is now with the greens. People tend to forget policy changes very quickly; see: Clinton, Trump.

If she has a powerful debate performance and can paint her opponents as authoritarian warmongering toddlers, she could attract quite a crowd.
    Stein comes across as basically an academic, she has a softer touch than Clinton and especially Trump. She is intelligent and could have some mainstream appeal, but I'm not sure that she'll appeal to swing voters.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bernie is a Super Delegate and pretty much has to endorse her.

15+ Year Old Account
    So they were never pro-Bernie, just anti-Hillary.

The one thing I guess they have going for them is they recognize just how god awful Trump is.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-15 at 02:18 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the same narrative along the lines of:

"Bernie can still get the nomination"

"Bernie will hold out until the DNC"

"Clinton will get indicted"

"Bernie won't endorse Clinton"

"Bernie supports won't support Clinton" (polls say otherwise)

Please...just stop...it sucks for your prefered candidate not to win in your first election but suck it up and try harder next cycle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If you live in a swing state and you vote for a 3rd party, you're a fool in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm a Bernie man. Giving your vote to Jill Stein is giving your vote to Trump. I'd rather have Hillary.
    If this is your attitude you probably aren't a Bernie man.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why not?

Bernie himself joined the Clinton camp for similar reasons. Also, Clinton and the DNC has adopted several of Bernie's proposals...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

lol, not even goin to bother readin the rest of the OP after "jill Stein, most powerful lady in politics", mien sides.

Look, let's be realistic here. Bernie was the best shot liberals/left dems have had. If he dropped out, then honestly, Jill Stein doesn't have a chance. I'd rather have a dem in office then Trump.

Use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So they were never pro-Bernie, just anti-Hillary.

The one thing I guess they have going for them is they recognize just how god awful Trump is.
    Idk. For me, I've always preferred Green Party values. I liked Sanders' message, in part because it was so similar to the Green Party's position on various issues. He was not as strong on the environment however which is obviously a key part of the Green Party platform.

I'm sure some are anti-Hillary, but for me personally it's more about the fact that she's my 3rd choice rather than 1st choice for president.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bernie has officially thrown his support behind Hillary. If you're going for Stein or Trump you were NEVER a Bernie man, just anti-Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Idk. For me, I've always preferred Green Party values. I liked Sanders' message, in part because it was so similar to the Green Party's position on various issues. He was not as strong on the environment however which is obviously a key part of the Green Party platform.

I'm sure some are anti-Hillary, but for me personally it's more about the fact that she's my 3rd choice rather than 1st choice for president.
    She'd be my first choice if she had a reasonable shot. But she doesn't.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

People actually voting clinton . Dang sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    As my answer to everything, let's wait til post conventions.

Once we get into October, I bet neither third party garners even 5% of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    If you live in a swing state and you vote for a 3rd party, you're a fool in my book.
    I live in a swing state and I am voting for Trump or Stein
    Last edited by HillaryJtrump; 2016-07-15 at 02:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Hillary picks Stein as her running mate, what do the Stein "supporters" do then?

Flash backs of Perot and Bush gutting each others chances and Clinton sweeping in for the win. Looks like his wife will suffer the way his opponents once did.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If Hillary picks Stein as her running mate, what do the Stein "supporters" do then?
    You know the person has to actually agree to run with them right?

The worst thing Hillary can do is maintain the status quo.

The best thing Trump can do is maintain the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Flash backs of Perot and Bush gutting each others chances and Clinton sweeping in for the win. Looks like his wife will suffer the way his opponents once did.
    Good she would destroy this country

Highly unlike to happen, but with this sideshow nonsense last year who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryJtrump View Post
    Good she would destroy this country
    So will Trump we are eating a dog shit or cat shit sandwich at this point. No matter who wins the people of the country and world lose.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."