Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Trump’s Running Mate: Who Is Mike Pence?

We may have confirmation of Donald Trump’s Vice Presidential running mate. Spoiler: Mike Pence is not a good guy. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is rumored to have decided on Indiana Governor Mike Penceas his potential vice presidential running mate, after much consideration. That could result in a disaster if Pence’s record for PR failures is any indication.

Here are the top five things anyone should know about Mike Pence that could make him a liability on the GOP ticket…

Mike Pence is one of the Koch brothers’ favorite elected leaders. Support from the Koch brothers and conservative donors are a major component in a presidential run, so having the major money people’s favorite guy at your side if you’re new to politics is certainly helpful for campaign cash. Americans for Prosperity has been holding up Mike Pence’s work in Indiana as a paragon of a good governor. Pence’s former chief of staff now runs the Koch’s political group Freedom Partners. Given the fact that the Koch’s have pledged to spend $1 billion in the 2016 election to support conservative candidates, his ties could be an asset to Trump as he realizes his own financial limitations.”*
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/here...ck-mike-pence/

Seems it was leaked before he announces it

The leak was real

Last edited by HillaryJtrump; 2016-07-15 at 05:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We already knew that Trump's chance of picking a non scumbag was basically 0.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I would put money on it not being Pence. Trump 'leaked' his pick for lols. Also postponed the official announcement.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Governor Mike Pence

@GovPenceIN

Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.

Governor Mike Pence

@GovPenceIN

Trade means jobs, but trade also means security. The time has come for all of us to urge the swift adoption of the Trans Pacific Partnership

Mike Pence
    ✔ @mike_pence

Ted Cruz is a principled conservative who advocates the Reagan agenda. Proud to be voting for @Tedcruz. http://fxn.ws/1SD7QIG

And Pence is friends with the Koch Brothers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Governor Mike Pence

@GovPenceIN

Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.

Governor Mike Pence

@GovPenceIN

Trade means jobs, but trade also means security. The time has come for all of us to urge the swift adoption of the Trans Pacific Partnership

Mike Pence
    ✔ @mike_pence

Ted Cruz is a principled conservative who advocates the Reagan agenda. Proud to be voting for @Tedcruz. http://fxn.ws/1SD7QIG

And Pence is friends with the Koch Brothers.
    If he is the VP for Trump, I am sure he will have a change of heart on those policies. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Trump is the first live-action troll candidate, powered by twitter and memes. I'd say there's a fair probability he's just trolling traditional conservatives by floating Pence's name. Then announcing someone else tomorrow.

About the same odds of me getting infracted by the mmoc-modbot for using the word troll in a post.

How many threads do you make a day that are either pro-Trump or anti-Hillary Clinton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How many threads do you make a day that are either pro-Trump or anti-Hillary Clinton?
    Thats like asking how many puppets can a sockpuppet puppet?

Damn, it was cuter when woodchucks were doing it. Now its just cringeworthy.

Deleted
    How is this pro-Trump?

You know what's really stupid? I actually think he made this thread meaning it to be pro-Dump! >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    How is this pro-Trump?
    Read the clip... Its praising him because hes backed by lots of money...by the koch bros.... Speaking as if it is a good thing.

He's very stupid/delusional if he doesn't understand how reviled the Kochs are... It toally undermines Dump's anti- corporate platform (what a shocker!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hoped he would pick Palin... To complete the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least its been entertaining.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

once you said young turks you pretty much lost all respect and integrity for the thread.

How is this pro-Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a nutshell:

Pence opposes many of Trump’s top priorities. Which shows that Trump either doesn’t care about those priorities (unsurprising), or that he’s not planning to listen to Pence (which defeats the Trump argument that he’ll listen to his advisors). Either way, Pence does little to shore up conservative worries about Trump, or Trump supporters’ worries about Trump’s policy strength. As Trump fan Ann Coulter immediately tweeted, “Pence is the combo-platter of disaster.”

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I really hoped he would pick Palin... To complete the show.
    Someone mentioned Ted Nugent. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I said it last night and I will say it again.

Pence has done NOTHING to help the major population hubs in Indiana. He has harmed our well being and almost cost the state Billions with the "Anti-LGBT" Bill. Pence has directly stated he thinks Smoking and Cancer are not linked. Pence supported the TPP, which hilariously cost a bunch of factory workers in Downtown Indianapolis to lose there jobs, unless I am mistaken, Donald Trump made a HUGE deal out of this and blamed Mexico. MEXICO! Donald Trump's VP pick quite literally caused a factory to move south with his "economic strategy" and then he got picked to be Donald Trump's VP despite being against exactly what Donald wants to be. Not to mention the amount of issues we have had since his nomination with Police Funding (which I was informed yesterday has now been raised), Drug Addiction, specifically Meth, and serious Prison Overcrowding which has caused home prices in multiple areas to drop and cost a few cities Millions. Pence has done so much harm to my home and no matter my opinion on Trump, Hillary, a 3rd Party, anyone else, he is a HORRIBLE choice for the job of Vice President of the United States.

Of course Trump would want one of the biggest scum bags in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I said it last night and I will say it again.

Pence has done NOTHING to help the major population hubs in Indiana. He has harmed our well being and almost cost the state Billions with the "Anti-LGBT" Bill. Pence has directly stated he thinks Smoking and Cancer are not linked. Pence supported the TPP, which hilariously cost a bunch of factory workers in Downtown Indianapolis to lose there jobs, unless I am mistaken, Donald Trump made a HUGE deal out of this and blamed Mexico. MEXICO! Donald Trump's VP pick quite literally caused a factory to move south with his "economic strategy" and then he got picked to be Donald Trump's VP despite being against exactly what Donald wants to be. Not to mention the amount of issues we have had since his nomination with Police Funding (which I was informed yesterday has now been raised), Drug Addiction, specifically Meth, and serious Prison Overcrowding which has caused home prices in multiple areas to drop and cost a few cities Millions. Pence has done so much harm to my home and no matter my opinion on Trump, Hillary, a 3rd Party, anyone else, he is a HORRIBLE choice for the job of Vice President of the United States.
    Well people would believe you more if you linked sources

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Of course Trump would want one of the biggest scum bags in the country.
    He probably would have picked up Hillary if she wasn't running against him lol