Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Only 30 games is kind of lame.
    Yeah, I looked this up and there are just over 700 nes games for anyone curious.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My original system and cartridges still work flawlessly(with some blowing of course)... Did you abuse your electronics as a child or something?
    No but I may have burnt some out by playing too much. I had to buy a second Zelda and some other game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a pretty good deal actually. There's quite a few good games on the list.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quoting people, but it's called bit rot, so yeah, no matter how well you took care of your systems, they'll degrade over time, and the NES is reaching that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Pretty cool stuff. At that price point I might buy it. The SNES is where it's at though. We need a mini SNES next.
    Yeah, but 30 games would be far too little for the SNES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Yeah, I looked this up and there are just over 700 nes games for anyone curious.
    Yeah, but think about how much of that is what we call nowadays shovelware. A TON of NES games were pure garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not quoting people, but it's called bit rot, so yeah, no matter how well you took care of your systems, they'll degrade over time, and the NES is reaching that age.
    lol, bit rot has exactly jack shit to do with closed hardware.

Properly maintained and refurbished when needed closed systems can literally live forever.

Hell, the only closed console I know of that can literally be destroyed beyond repair even if properly taken care of is the original Xbox which has those ticking time bomb clock batteries, if you don't remove it eventually battery acid will literally destroy the motherboard.

-Been repairing and flipping retro systems for over 10 years as a side hobby.

Great lineup of games and good price. It'd be cool later on if they could sell some sort of add-on packs with more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    3 is pretty good, too, yes. But 2 is still great.

Also, Zelda 2 was a great game as well. You heathen.
    MM2 & MM3 were my favorites. I agree with you on Zelda 2 as well (though I never came close to finishing it).
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    No Ninja turtles!?

I give the game list 8/10
    Ninja turtles requires game genie to play so we are still good.

My raspberry pi3 has every NES, SNES, Sega, GBA, N64, Atari 2600, Neo Geo, and TurboGrafX game. All for an easy $60 ( pi, case, micro sd card, controller).

This is awesome and ima buy one
    though i gladly pay, idk, 75 bucks for one where i would select the 30 games.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Does it come with the letter for StarTropics? It isn't quite the same without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that mainly intrigues me about this is the fact that its an honest to goodness OFFICIAL Nintendo branded plug'n'play system. I wonder if it will be as popular in sales as it would have been back a few years ago when the big boom for those built-in-consoles was everywhere.

While the games in it are a nice slice of some of the best/well-known titles (I especially like they got 3rd parties in on this), the collection I have always been waiting for for the NES is something akin to Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection or DataEast Arcade Classics, SNK's collections, etc. What I want is a complete collection of all of Nintendo's first party games for the NES and SNES(minus licensed games) in a complete collection(s), mainly one that would also include the Japan-only titles (Japanese or translated) such as their Disk-System only releases.

It would be nice if it does have an expansion slot on it somewhere like the NeoGeo X system does for extra games. Could also drive on the nostalgia of "cartridges" and make a decent buck on them as well if this system does well. (actually just looked at Nintendo's Q/A on it and looks like there is no real way to expand what games it can play, real shame) Would have been cool if they had added an actual original cartridge slot on it like some of Sega's official plug-n-play systems have, could also take some profit from the after-market NES console scene that way.

I do question a few of the choices, like including Final Fantasy, but none of the Dragon Warrior games despite them being arguably more important to the system then FF was. Also its a real shame that they didn't put Super Mario Bros. 2/Lost Levels on here and too bad they couldn't have gotten the rights for some of Rare's games. Also no Tetris.

I do really like that they included StarTropics on it however, that series has been all but forgotten by Nintendo, hell even the Smash Bros games make no reference to them outside of the games titles in the Masterpiece section of Brawl. Would have liked a couple more lesser known titles thrown in as well like Wrecking Crew, Clu-Clu Land and Wario's Woods.

ALSO, HUGE missed opportunity to not include the now official English translation of Mother/EarthBound Beginnings into some kind of official physical form. I would have payed their asking price for the system just for that.

(im hoping I can use the new controllers on the Wii U to play non-VC games like Shovel Knight and Shantae and anything else that doesn't require the touch-pad)

Bit Rot effects games that were put on magnetic media, like cassette drive games or floppies.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-07-15 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    (im hoping I can use the new controllers on the Wii U to play non-VC games like Shovel Knight and Shantae and anything else that doesn't require the touch-pad)
    You can as long as you have a wii mote laying around and the game supports the classic controller pro, the plug on them is the exact same as classic controller pro and others that plug directly into the Wii Mote to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can as long as you have a wii mote laying around and the game supports the classic controller pro, the plug on them is the exact same as classic controller pro and others that plug directly into the Wii Mote to work.
    Yeah that's what I figured, I was more so trying to remember if the games I want to play on it supported the pro controller or not. Any idea if Tropical Freeze or New Super Mario Bros. Wii U supported it?

(also I guess that means I can use it for regular Wii games also then, I think at this point I am honestly more excited for just the official controller)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My original system and cartridges still work flawlessly(with some blowing of course)... Did you abuse your electronics as a child or something?
    there is a VAST difference between playing original consoles like the NEW on somthing like a plasma or flatscreen lcd vs on a crt. I no longer have any CRT and while my original consoles still perfectly work id gladly play the games [ i own almost everyone on the list] on this 60$ nes mini on a lcd since they will have been optimized for the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy a couple of the controllers for funsies but not the system itself as I already own most of those on my Wii VC.

Pretty sweet buy for first timers or non-Wii owners though!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Needs more Contra.

Though Metroid alone is worth the price of the console.

That's pretty awesome; I'll definitely drop $60 on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    there is a VAST difference between playing original consoles like the NEW on somthing like a plasma or flatscreen lcd vs on a crt. I no longer have any CRT and while my original consoles still perfectly work id gladly play the games [ i own almost everyone on the list] on this 60$ nes mini on a lcd since they will have been optimized for the screen.
    This. I tried hooking up my N64 to my 32" HDTV not too long ago and when I popped in Goldeneye I honestly couldn't see shit, it was so pixelated. Hopefully if this takes off they'll do it for other consoles as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god, when I saw this is was like "it's going to be like $200 and I will still buy it" so at $60 I am so hyped! Instant buy, Nintendo has been killing it recently. Fingers crossed for the NX.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Dragon Warrior 1-4 are my favorite games for the NES and are a must if I ever buy something like this.

Other games I'd like to see:
    Crystalis
    Earthbound
    Faxanadu
    Hydlide
    Adventure Island
    Duck Tales
    Solomon's Key
    Paperboy
    Strider
    TMNT 1-3
    Adventures of Lolo 1-3
    Lode Runner
    Micro Machines
    Fester's Quest
    Blaster Master

There are so many great games for the NES. To only include those 30 seems like a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2016-07-15 at 01:12 PM.