Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is amazing how many people were so dense that they couldn't get that the guy was talking about 2016 with his joke tweets. I still have some hope for humanity since at least some people got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    They are going to be there and suppose to be a Legion announcement at SDCC. During a pre patch you want all hands on deck because there will be bugs, server problems etc.
    Yeah but they're just revealing a Legion animation series at SDCC - the devs, server techs, QA staff, etc. aren't going to be there. They'll be in Irvine rolling out 7.0.3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't they have said it was coming out on tuesday a week in advance? Like, don't they always say a week in advance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Wouldn't they have said it was coming out on tuesday a week in advance? Like, don't they always say a week in advance?
    Nah, they don't. Sometime they do, but not always. If it was absolutely sure it was not next tuesday, they would've told us by now. They're probably not sure yet if they can do it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Dunno, but for me it's super simple logic here - WHY woud blizzard announce PvP Season ending at 19th instead of just announcing it as 26, if they at least didn't have plans for releasing 7.0.3 on the same day?. And no, you can't say smthing like " to have a week of calculating ranked reward and other things" because we have clear answer that they didn't require it for 4 expansion patches before. I'm not saying pre-patch will 100% be at 19th, since thing can go wrong and they can push release to 26th, but its still more likely to happen on 19th.

They are going to be there and suppose to be a Legion announcement at SDCC. During a pre patch you want all hands on deck because there will be bugs, server problems etc.
    99% of Blizzard dev crew with all server tech and QA guys won't be attending it. Their design and art crew that will attend it are not manally working on fixing bugs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They don't need to. I remember several patches in the past where release build did not get pushed till the weekend on the PTR and it still launched on the following Tuesday.

We have two important events that have already happened that most often coincide with these types of major patches.

-Arena season ends on the 19th

And the final nail in WoD's coffin.

-Release build pushed to the PTR on Wednesday of this week.

I am now certain it will be on the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    They don't need to. I remember several patches in the past where release build did not get pushed till the weekend on the PTR and it still launched on the following Tuesday.

We have two important events that have already happened that most often coincide with these types of major patches.

-Arena season ends on the 19th

And the final nail in WoD's coffin.

-Release build pushed to the PTR on Wednesday of this week.

I am now certain it will be on the 19th.
    And hopefully we are all right with this date, because pre-patch cant come soon enough. Although it is a shame that DH doesnt come with pre-patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes 4 people from the team "The panelists include Dave Kosak (narrative designer, World of Warcraft), Chris Robinson (senior art director, World of Warcraft), Matt Samia (senior creative director of brand marketing), and James Waugh (director of story & creative development)".

What I don't understand is how would SDCC being on the Thursday & 4 people on the team that don't even handle Bugs or Server Issues hinder 7.0.3 releasing on the Tuesday, it just doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrgan View Post
    And hopefully we are all right with this date, because pre-patch cant come soon enough. Although it is a shame that DH doesnt come with pre-patch.
    It's not really about hoping to be right, it's more hoping nothing bad happens that pushes it back a week.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-07-15 at 03:30 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Asked for the 20th off(I don't work the 19th). Please don't make me regret it!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Never take a day off on patch or expansion release day. Half of the day ends up being buggy, and at the time it works, its probably around the same time that you would be home from work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Never take a day off on patch or expansion release day. Half of the day ends up being buggy, and at the time it works, its probably around the same time that you would be home from work.
    QFT
    /10char

LOL yep. I remember cata launch the boat would despawn going towards vashjir and everyone would be stunned in the water until dying from drowning. Think it had something to do with flying Mounts. Then there was wod launch, the amount of lag at the portal and the lag inside the portal...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Took 12 days off on legion launch.Sure first day might be unplayable but i still got 11 days to go

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    LOL yep. I remember cata launch the boat would despawn going towards vashjir and everyone would be stunned in the water until dying from drowning. Think it had something to do with flying Mounts. Then there was wod launch, the amount of lag at the portal and the lag inside the portal...
    And don't forget about not being able to get into your Garrison at all for like an week, at least on EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrgan View Post
    Although it is a shame that DH doesnt come with pre-patch.
    It doesn't? I thought they were coming with 7.0 for everyone that pre-purchased?

It doesn't? I thought they were coming with 7.0 for everyone that pre-purchased?
    Demon Hunter isn't being activated until about 2 weeks before Legion actually launches.

They come during the prepatch, not at the start
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

And don't forget about not being able to get into your Garrison at all for like an week, at least on EU servers.
    You just had to go there in the mornings, was usually fine from 4am to 9am or so. Did a quick stop there every morning to get buildings build and quests picked up before it all went down again.
    And it was fixed by Saturday/Sunday, hardly a week.

Experience on high-pop servers may vary, but you get what you bargain for.

In any case, the Garrison with personal instances was an obvious bottle neck on server performance. No such thing in Legion, closest are order halls and there is only 12 of those, not one per player. The "launch" doesn't even require clicking a quest, you get automatically teleported to Broken Shore Dalaran which is heavily sharded for performance (ie. split into multiple Dalarans to avoid everyone being in the same one), so I do have hope.

They did test a faux-launch on the beta just recently, which is not something I remember them ever testing before.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-15 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim522 View Post
    I'm very curious, why are people so hyped for the pre-patch anyways? The class changes are nice, but they've been available on the PTR for a while, and unless I'm mistaken there is no actual new content until the event stuff right? Raiding with the class changes might be fun I guess. I hope I'm mistaken and there is more to this, but that's all I've heard. Also, maybe I'm just salty because I decided to main a DH and I'm still in "hurry up and wait" mode.
    Wardrobe bro. Wardrobe.

Holy shit it triggers me so hard when people want the patch on the 26th just so they can get 1 more week of garrison gold.

Like wtf have you been doing for the past 1+ year?