Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Karazhan next Adventure? (Next Expansion Hype Thread)

Thanks to Chinese gaming media, we've got an idea of which adventure we're going to be seeing next from the Hearthstone team. It was revealed that the next theme will be a World of Warcraft raid that contains 3 Chinese characters.

This comes to us from a post on Tieba, the author previously leaked the Morgl hero before he was released so this has some weight to it.

Thanks to /u/czhihong on reddit for compiling a correct list of raids that are 3 Chinese characters in length. They are:

卡拉赞 Karazhan
    奥杜尔 Ulduar
    永春台 Terrace of Endless Spring
    悬槌堡 Highmaul
    Source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1519-u...e-theme-leaked

Karazhan makes sense to me as it sort of fits into what's happening in Legion lore wise and we just experienced it in the movie. Would make sense for them to tie it in.

Addition 1- http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1528-a...-magical-event

Addition 2- July 28th is the announcement date, at 11PM PDT.
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1534-h...n-july-28th-at
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-20 at 07:06 PM.

I'm guessing multiple MoP raids as one adventure. It was mentioned that warlocks are getting new demons and there are lots of sha creatures in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I'm guessing multiple MoP raids as one adventure. It was mentioned that warlocks are getting new demons and there are lots of sha creatures in MoP.
    You mean the Aberations that are absolutely not demons?

Yeah, Sha are leftover bits of Y'Shaarj, they're old god stuff.
    Kara's the place for Demons, what with Malchezzar at the top and being full of tomes that Medivh had when he was corrupted by Sargeras.

If it does end up Karazhan like some of the theories going around I'll be happy. Love that raid. Even if it's not though I'm just glad that I have saved up the gold needed for it very early in advance this time around.

Deleted
    It would be weird if it was ulduar, if we already have cards like Yogg. Atleast Karazhan fits the theme of legion, and would contribute more new cards, and promote Legion even more. Perhaps the new mechanic or idea will be some sort of Artifact card that has profound changes to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It would be weird if it was ulduar, if we already have cards like Yogg. Atleast Karazhan fits the theme of legion, and would contribute more new cards, and promote Legion even more. Perhaps the new mechanic or idea will be some sort of Artifact card that has profound changes to the game.
    Ragnaros was in game when Blackrock Mountain was released
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If it is Ulduar they'd just restructure it around Algalon as the big bad instead of Yogg.

Betting it's Kara though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Shas would be in shadow priest territory not warlock which would still be interesting if blizz finally decided that to be a competitive deck

I'm still leaning towards Pandaria honestly due to that whole "open pamphlet" thing.

Interesting, while it does lean towards Karazhan then, someone pointed out it could technically be Darkmoon Faire too. I mean, at this point I would bet for Karazhan myself but who knows.

Also as a side note, I'll be updating OP from here whenever I can with new expansion news, since it's about that time for a thread for the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Ragnaros was in game when Blackrock Mountain was released
    Also worth pointing out there's 2 Rags and Deathwings in game, it's totally possible to have a 2nd Yogg at some point.

Seems like its supposed to mimic a dinner invitation of sorts. Maybe alluding to the dining hall in Karazhan?

The phrasing on the invitation uses the same language as the Darkmoon Faire entry rhyme.

"You are cordially invited to a majestic, marvelous, magical event..."

referencing

"Ahead of You, Down the Path / A Majestic, Magical Faire!

It's possible the source was simply mistaken. It's also possible that the next set is Darkmoon Faire and that it isn't an adventure but a full expansion, and that the next adventure is the final set of the year and is in fact one of the suggested raids. DMF isn't even a raid and has no "bosses" so it'd be an odd choice for an adventure. There is nothing strictly keeping them tied to the alternating adventure/expansion format other than it's not been broken yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is Darkmoon Faire, might be cool as well. But personally i hoping for ICC adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The phrasing on the invitation uses the same language as the Darkmoon Faire entry rhyme.

"You are cordially invited to a majestic, marvelous, magical event..."

referencing

"Ahead of You, Down the Path / A Majestic, Magical Faire!

It's possible the source was simply mistaken. It's also possible that the next set is Darkmoon Faire and that it isn't an adventure but a full expansion, and that the next adventure is the final set of the year and is in fact one of the suggested raids. DMF isn't even a raid and has no "bosses" so it'd be an odd choice for an adventure. There is nothing strictly keeping them tied to the alternating adventure/expansion format other than it's not been broken yet.
    It's totally possible.

But we've never had back to back expansions like you've mentioned, so it would be strange though. I don't see a reason why they would break it.

That being said though, if it is DMF, there better be a Darkmoon Faire Rabbit Legendary.

Also Hearthstone MIGHT be getting a PTR, so something is going on definitely.

Well, I mean, kinda obvious I suppose with the invitation!

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1531-a...m-has-appeared
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-19 at 04:36 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either DMF or Kara would by pretty awesome, but I would personally want Kara more. DMF would feel like the Grand Tourney a little too much in aesthetic while Kara could let them focus on Ghosts and Demons a little bit more.
    BAD WOLF

Updating the OP a bit, seems more and more like it's going to be Karazhan.

BUT ALSO THERE'S A DATE FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I hate when they do that, "We're announcing the date that we're announcing something." thing. ><
    That just means you're not on the hype train.

Get on it.

It is a bit weird though, usually at least they have some other event going on, like a tournament of some sorts.

I was thinking about this and the possibility of it being Karazhan.

The "first wing" of Karazhan has a strong undead theme, with a bunch of ghosts sitting aroud at a large banquet. There's also a ballroom full of undead dancers and the theme continues into the Opera, with ghosts filling the audiotorium.

Maybe this is the event we're being invited too, albeit once everyone has gone home...or is dead. We're very literally Late to the Party.