Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Blazing Speed is one of the coolest talents we Mages have ever had. It's an utter travesty that we're losing it. I use it all the time too, and it has uses in every facet of the game. I've made multiple posts about it on the Legion Beta forums, to no avail :\ I'm going to continue sending in-game suggestions through Beta as well though. It should be Fire's mobility tool, or at the very least a PvP talent in its current incarnation. The baked in one is bullcrap.
    I think PVP might have been the reason why it was effectively removed. People really didn't like how it could be combined with Blink for long-distance movement in order to CC someone with either Dragon's Breath or Deep Freeze.

It was removed as part of the "casters should stand and cast" bs that they have put into the current meta, while seemingly forgetting to prune all the gazilion gap closing tools from melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I think PVP might have been the reason why it was effectively removed. People really didn't like how it could be combined with Blink for long-distance movement in order to CC someone with either Dragon's Breath or Deep Freeze.
    My fix to that would be to make it Fire-only, like how Alter Time is now Arcane-only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    My fix to that would be to make it Fire-only, like how Alter Time is now Arcane-only.
    Sorry but... [Alter Time] has been... replaced by [Displacement], a much more useful and flexible tool indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Sorry but... [Alter Time] has been... replaced by [Displacement], a much more useful and flexible tool indeed...
    I was referring to this -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Alter time still exists. It's arcane only now and is renamed displacement with slightly different mechanics.
    My point still stands.

The dk is actually very mobile now with wraith walk being pretty good, the warlock is now the least mobile class, with their only speed boost being a talent... in the same row as one of the best defensive for lock...

I'm not sure where Alter Time was really "iconic" to arcane or really any mage school.

But I agree. Losing temporal shield hurt, losing alter time hurts more. I liked when they modified it in WoD to clarify it's intent to be used defensively. And as for blazing speed, my only answer to that is. I'm a mage. I'd much rather blink away and get back to shooting faster than trying to walk-er run away and risk tripping over my really fancy cloth robes that do absolutely nothing to protect me from bodily harm. Of course the fact that melee will just gap close constantly with more tools than we have openers is ... well... bleh. But they can never really balance it for PvP unless they make all spells instant cast to match melee abilities just with longer CD's, or make all melee abilities have a cast time so they can be interrupted by movement and the like.

The thing I haven't seen mentioned is if we are getting Momentum Glyph baked in or if it too is gone entirely. Took a while to convince me to give it a try, but once I started using it I don't ever want to go back.

It wouldn't be so bad if melee specs actually lost their eight gap closers per spec so when you blinked they had to run over to you instead of instantly being on top of you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    I'm just sad that Temporal Shield is only coming back for PvP.
    Yeah, I always wanted it back instead of Altered Time when WoD hit, hell it could replace anything on that row and I'd probably be fine with it.

Deleted
    I'll really miss Alter time, I've come to rely on it so much both for movement and as a defensive. I wish they would keep it around in some form for the hp. Revert your hp pool back 6 sec or something

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I repeat: [Displacement] is a 'cool way' of having 2 extra [Blink] charges (well, in fact [Displacement] is worse, as [Blink] has more flexibility by itself)

So, in order to have those 2 extra charges of [Blink] we have lost the iconic and helpful [Alter Time]... That is outrageous!!

Just as Fire Mages now have to die first in order to use their iconic [Blazing Speed]... How ridiculous!
    What?? Displacement is NOT a replacement for alter time. Shimmer is. Displacement is an arcane reserved special ability and not a talent. If it was a replacement for it, then it would have to be available to all mages, which it isnt.

Deleted
    Why does something have to replace something?