Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah my server is dead. Only ones left are people who are new or coming back from a long break, and those who troll lfr making it impossible to do.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Proudmoore never dies, or shuts the hell up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Im thinking about doing this, but I need to move all my gold -.-
    Create guild, deposit your gold, transfer the guild over, withdraw your gold.

Twisting Nether EU Horde is busy as ever. We even have the occasional Russian raids in Warspear/Tanaan.

Yes...and no.

When I started playing on Thrall as Alliance about 10 years ago, it was much closer to balanced...both sides had healthy populations with an edge to the Horde (obvious, given the name).

Now, Alliance is dead. Mostly cause I think they all rerolled to Blood Elf (double the amount of Belfs compared to the next biggest race group), so it's a very much alive server if you play Horde.

When I play now, it's on Whisperwind, which is a connected realm (with Dentarg), so it feels pretty much like an average server in terms of how "alive" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Im thinking about doing this, but I need to move all my gold -.-
    Hmm yeah now that's the tricky part.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Nope, it's all fine and dandy, but then compared to some people in this thread I was smart enough to join a high pop realm.

I play on US-Illidan, which is one of the 2 most active and populated Horde servers in the game and it feels like it's totally dead even though there's still always a lot of people logged in. I've tried for weeks to get groups together for challenge modes and such and have only been able to do so using the group finder tool and waiting forever. Ridiculous considering this is one of few realms where if people were active you could pretty much find a group to do anything in game very easily. Group finder tool doesn't really make up for it when very few people really use it and it takes forever to form groups to do almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    ??? Please don't generalise to make your opinion feel as though it has more ground.

That doesn't mean it can't feel dead as every other realm is in the same state, Stormrage isn't the realm it used to be, Sorry to say.
    You're wrong. You're 100% completely and absolutely wrong. You cannot have an opinion about an objective fact that the most populated US Alliance realm is "dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Create guild, deposit your gold, transfer the guild over, withdraw your gold.
    You pay twice as much to move to that server. Having to pay what you do for 1 character is absurd. There are plenty of ways around the transfer gold cap too, no reason to reward Blizzard for milking it's player base.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

??? Please don't generalise to make your opinion feel as though it has more ground.

That doesn't mean it can't feel dead as every other realm is in the same state, Stormrage isn't the realm it used to be, Sorry to say.
    It doesnt feel dead at all. If your saying it feels dead, then your sitting in a zone nobody needs to be in, wants to be in, and new players dont know about or skip over. Everywhere I go on stormrage alliance I see people. Goldshire, human starting area, Darnassus, Stormwind, Duskwood, redridge, and everywhere on draenor. Even when I go to do old raids for tmog I see people. Its not dead. If your speaking objectively, its not dead. If a server has que times and is the most populated server NA for alliance, its not dead, at least on alliance side. Based on feel though, it definitely doesnt feel dead.

I cant wait to get back to stormrage once I transfer my shaman, it feels so lonely on stormreaver compared to stormrage. Everywhere I go I see people. Dueling in goldshire, people leveling, etc. Its nice honestly. Not sure where your looking or how you feel about it, but I see a lot of people in every capital and in some leveling zones, but you can skip most of them now anyway. It may not have 855 hour que times anymore at peak hours, but every now and then Ill still get a tiny que, which means its still really full. Doesnt feel dead to me at all, not even close, and after playing on an actual dead realm it feels even more alive than I thought.

More on topic- I play on stormreaver na atm since I havent transferred my shaman over to stormrage yet and it feels really dead. Trade chat is hardly ever anything interesting, not even trolls. During cata stormreaver used to be so active, and had a nice split between alliance and horde ratio. I remember being horde back then and trade chat was booming. Now nobody says anything in there, no guild recruiting, no carry spam, nothing.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-15 at 04:47 AM.

Stormwind is hardly a zone nobody needs to be in. I'm pretty sure half the zones you mentioned are cross realmed. Nor does Stormrage have ques anymore. Hence why i'm saying it's not as lively as it used to be. I used to see people everywhere, everyone was always in trade looking for groups or anything like that. Now just nothing. It still has the most alliance characters, but it's not nearly as active as it once was, not even close.
    Stormwind is a zone literally nobody needs to be in. Stormshield has transmog, banks and guild banks, repairs, portals to other zones that SW doesnt have, etc. It has everything SW has and even more. Its also on draenor, which is the current expansions continent. So, nobody really needs to be anywhere other than draenor unless they are achievement hunting, pet battling or transmog hunting. Yet, theres still people everywhere on Stormrage. Theres no reason to be in Goldshire at all either, but theres still people there dueling and hanging out. Theres still people outside SW dueling. Theres people leveling in most of the zones that still matter. Theres still people at shrine. Theres actually a lot more than I would have expected at Shrine, but its probably because of the ports.

Im not saying its as lively as it used to be, but neither is WoW in general atm. It will definitely spike when Legion comes out, every realm is at its lowest point right now. If you really want to feel a dead realm, head over to Stormreaver and give yourself a nice tour. Orgrimmar has maybe 4-5 people, shrine has maybe 15, nobody is dueling outside of orgrimmar, almost every leveling zone is dead. The only place with over 15 people is stormshield, and even then I dont even have to look hard to see the vendors like I do on stormrage.

In all actuality, every realm is probably at its worst right now, but stormrage at its worst is still extremely populated, even in zones nobody needs to be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Proudmoore never dies, or shuts the hell up.
    You can say that again but I still think they should merge a server or two with Proudmoore (where my Alliance toons are at) and Blackrock (likewise for my Horde toons) still. Still not a fan of How Blizzard lets server stagnant for years. More merges are definitely a good thing IMO or finally just do mega servers.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good time to be on Moon Guard, let me tell you. I went back and checked my old server recently, and I'm relieved I made the move; it's a lot more dead and drab nowadays, compared to what it was back in its prime :/

Except I'm not wrong. It's not fact. You can't decide how people feel. Stormrage is not as lively as it once was, Just because Stormrage has a large population doesn't mean they are still active. If you actually played on the server you would realise that.
    You can't feel like something is dead when the numbers for Stormrage's population indicate something completely otherwise. If I saw a crowd of people in Time's Square for New Year's Eve and said something like, "Man, this is dead!" I'd be just as wrong as you are. You're making a subjective observation about an objective fact then arguing with me about the application of your own skewed world view.

Here on Icecrown/Malygos-US, we've been seeing more activity in trade chat the past couple of weeks. I doubt we will ever get back to WoTLK levels but once the pre-patch hits, things ought to get plenty busy around here.

Deleted
    The indicator i use to see if a server is dead is the chat. If the chat is spamming crazy than its a full server. if its not moving, its dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    My original server Drak'tharon is a ghost town for new players. It was a new server with the edition of WotLK... and now it is nothing.

Please don't tell me I can't have my opinion. Nothing to do with realm population is fact, nor how people feel about it. Please tell me how many of the 600000 created characters on Stormrage are currently active.
    You're still basing an subjective feeling off of the fundamentally incorrect objective fact (you stated) that Stormrage is "dead." At the end of the day, SR is still the most active Alliance realm in the US. Your observation of it being "dead" is completely and totally flawed since even if you were to account for less activity, it'd still more active than any other US realm simply through the law of percentages.

You can have an opinion that feels "dead," but you're still wrong.