Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Having done it on Beta 7 or 8 times and never having more than 3 or 4 people in the group, it felt fine...Cut scenes seem to be the epic portion of it. Overall, people are going to do it once and then skip it thereafter, I imagine.

Too many people wants to play skyrim instead of a MMO

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    That's dissappointing. It did feel epic with it being so many people, and with both factions doing it at the same time. I guess it's not that big a deal though.
    None of the threats are that big of a deal. So what, a few demons wander up on shore... drunk ass Varian and who the hell else get killed. Asshole was probably standing up on a speedboat when it hit the docks or some shit. Cuz that happens every summer.

5 man is nothing. Chaos needed. This could have been so fantastic, now...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This event needs to have a level of chaos like can be seen during the siege of Bastion's Keep in D3. Only five players? fine. But have the place packed with a ton of friendly NPCs fighting demon NPCs; they don't need to be interactive, just "flavor". More crashed ships on the shore, more corpses, more everything!

"Nerfing" the Broken Shore event without pumping it up a bit reminds me of a gripe I've had since I started exploring in the Beta; the waters around the Broken Isles feel devoid of life except for the occasional shark swimming around or an elite Sea Skrog walking around on the sea floor. I get that they don't want every step to be halted by an enemy, but geez. It's just water and sea floor with little "life" to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Just out of couriosity. Were the DCs on Horde, or Alliance?
    Alliance. But to be fair, this was the same time you would get kicked randomly no matter what you were doing.

My son did them(Alliance) right before they were turned off and had so many issues that he got kicked from the event right at the end where they were supposed to engage Guldan and was unable to get re-qued and was unable to get finish the chain. Couple of days later they removed them altogether.

From what I saw, besides the DCs, the issues seemed to be more around the NPCs would get stuck confused more than anything else. There is one part where Jaina is supposed to create a bridge and it she wouldn't. Another part where Varian does something and he just stands there.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-14 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm looking through the only Beta patch notes I can find and I honestly see no mention of the number of players for the Broken Shore, though I could be looking in the wrong place. Unless you can give me a source I don't see the point of discussing this as if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    Well I'm looking through the only Beta patch notes I can find and I honestly see no mention of the number of players for the Broken Shore, though I could be looking in the wrong place. Unless you can give me a source I don't see the point of discussing this as if it is true.
    MMO-C post about it.

It's under "Misc Changes" near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    In the new beta patch notes it says the Invasion Event is now for only 5 people? Is that for real?? I really hope it is a typo or something. I was so looking forward to a massive 40 person raid (along with 2 million NPCS) of the shore like D Day. If its because some people's computers cant handle it, then go play island pony adventure quest..

Edit: To Clarify: the Broken Shore Intro
    The broken shore intro has been limited to 5 man for as long as I have been in beta which is a few months. There are a ton of NPC's in it though so its not like its just you five ramboing through everything a big alliance force or horde force is with you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Broken Shore event is much more of an RP/story experience than I think many are expecting. It's not like old mop scenarios. In fact I've done it enough times on beta that I can say it isn't really "failable". On one runthrough of the Broken Shore scenario I had 4 of 5 people disconnect at the beginning, and I went afk at the start other than running to each stage (just to test this theory) and the npcs finished it. So it's not at all a scenario in a 5-man dungeon sense where you can wipe. There's no loot (maybe a few silver or food items is it), and it's really just to tell the intro to Legion story and set the tone for the expansion. You can interact and help the npc's, or not if you choose not to, and helping just enables some of the stages to finish a bit more quickly.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2016-07-14 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The broken shore intro has been limited to 5 man for as long as I have been in beta which is a few months. There are a ton of NPC's in it though so its not like its just you five ramboing through everything a big alliance force or horde force is with you.
    So the version on the PTR that's done with a full raid group is probably just for stress testing?

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    That's bullshit. I have done the scenario a couple of times in the last months and had about 7 to 11 players each time. Sure, when the scneario was finished only 3 or 4 people were in the group because of server instability. But a 5 man limit is a farily new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's basically going to be a dungeon in the format of a scenario?

I solod it yesterday. It felt dumb as hell. 5 man will certainly be better. 10-15 man would be great too.

And there's no reason they can't get 20 for each faction to work. The time these crashes were going on, even major cities were going down. It was a PTR wide issue, not something scenario specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I solod it yesterday. It felt dumb as hell. 5 man will certainly be better. 10-15 man would be great too.

And there's no reason they can't get 20 for each faction to work. The time these crashes were going on, even major cities were going down. It was a PTR wide issue, not something scenario specific.
    Sounds a bit too easy. I've heard that it will function like the battle at Light's Hope Chapel, where you become insanely buffed and incredibly hard to kill; is this true?

I'm also guessing the natural structure of dungeons won't apply here, either, where it requires you to have a tank, a healer and three DPS.

Got a link to patch notes?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Sounds a bit too easy. I've heard that it will function like the battle at Light's Hope Chapel, where you become insanely buffed and incredibly hard to kill; is this true?

I'm also guessing the natural structure of dungeons won't apply here, either, where it requires you to have a tank, a healer and three DPS.
    They've got the tech rolled out to where mob health and damage dealt scales with the amount of players attacking it. NPCs don't count as players but still dish out pretty solid damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They've got the tech rolled out to where mob health and damage dealt scales with the amount of players attacking it. NPCs don't count as players but still dish out pretty solid damage.
    Interesting. As antisocial as this is, I might actually prefer running this scenario alone, where I can avoid the wrath of players who care about nothing but speed running everything, and get mad if you stop for three seconds in order to absorb what is going on around you; either that, or I will just hop into a group as a healer and let the others do the dirty work whilst I sit back and enjoy all the cool dialogue and atmosphere.

less players involved is almost always a bad thing.

lame.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I guess.. It just won't feel as epic. Although, being on a high pop server Kil'jaedan, I will be lucky to just be able to log in for the first few weeks anyway :P....

Hopefully Legion will launch a little smoother than Pokemon Go :P
    "It just won't feel as epic to me." There, i fixed it.

Broken Shores Intro is "doable", although challenging to do solo.

Not sure what you did to only get 5 people, since it should be 20Alliance, 20 Horde.

Beta had a bug a few months ago with the Scenario where only 3 people were in the Scenario at a time. Got patched after about 2 weeks, I think.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!