The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down People selling Mythic/RBG's Stuff in Trade Chat EVERYDAY

2] [Sadgw]: ██WTS RBG WINS 1-75/Full lvl710 Gears/4 mounts[Vicious Saddle]and[Voidtalon of the Dark Star]and All rare mounts.Carry right NOW[>V<]█
    So you reply to him saying: Hey I'm interested! What's the price?
    The guy answer you: Can you pay with real money?

Like honestly, the complete turn off, I did message quite a few over the past weeks and they all seem to be from the same group of people. but lets face it, I already killed M Archi 6 months ago. It's the end of the expansion, why would someone pay for this. Must be a scam or a idiot trap.

My first thoughts about it:
    Are they legit?
    Real money? if so, how much are they really asking for?
    Why aren't the banned yet? I mean how can they just post like this everyday for weeks and months??? Isn't this illegal?? Wtf?

Sometimes I just wish there was a police system live that give sanctions, lmao. Internet and the power of liberty.

Yes they sell a service but I find it very sad to be obligated to sit all day trying to make money in a basement house (good for them if they enjoy doing that) but they could just get a real job with safe money income. However at the end of the day, they can do whatever they want and I think blizzard doesn't give a damn about it. So here is my liittle complain of the day.

What you guys think?

They got so many accounts so even if one is banned, two more wil pop up. But I sometimes try to who them but they log off so quick i dont see how ppl can talk to them?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    They got so many accounts so even if one is banned, two more wil pop up. But I sometimes try to who them but they log off so quick i dont see how ppl can talk to them?
    They post and wait for quick replys, if no fish they swap diff servers. Was doing that when selling heroic archi mount for gold.

When they use bots I guess that applys, you can't talk to them directly. They just spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume it's an addon (badboy maybe)? But I tend to find shift clicking them returns no player online yet they continue posting, and I think the addon is filtering out all search results of either level 1s, or people below a certain level threshold.

Yeah, they usually pop in, post the advertisements(with no website, skype, battletag etc), then instantly log out...

I really don't get it, why advertise a service if you are not even going to let the potential customers contact you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    They post and wait for quick replys, if no fish they swap diff servers. Was doing that when selling heroic archi mount for gold.

When they use bots I guess that applys, you can't talk to them directly. They just spam.
    By quick replies, you mean within 0.001 seconds, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Yeah, they usually pop in, post the advertisements(with no website, skype, battletag etc), then instantly log out...

I really don't get it, why advertise a service if you are not even going to let the potential customers contact you?

- - - Updated - - -

By quick replies, you mean within 0.001 seconds, right?
    that wouldn't be a guy who is in-game. He must be using an external program or something to acces multiples servers and spam, usually they have a contact website of something.

But what im talking in this thread is not the bots but the people in-game.

Deleted
    -silence- treatment can solve this issue can't wait

Install an Anti-Spam Addon.

It's always a shame, because boosting used to be quite profitable and nice for me, but since these sites can't make money off of selling gold (Thanks to the WoW Token), they've shifted to selling services instead.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Install an Anti-Spam Addon.

It's always a shame, because boosting used to be quite profitable and nice for me, but since these sites can't make money off of selling gold (Thanks to the WoW Token), they've shifted to selling services instead.
    I have Badboys addon and it doesn't block that kind of spam. They don't advertise money so its maybe why the addon doesn't tag it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    -silence- treatment can solve this issue can't wait
    I hope you're right. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    So you reply to him saying: Hey I'm interested! What's the price?
    The guy answer you: Can you pay with real money?

Like honestly, the complete turn off, I did message quite a few over the past weeks and they all seem to be from the same group of people. but lets face it, I already killed M Archi 6 months ago. It's the end of the expansion, why would someone pay for this. Must be a scam or a idiot trap.

My first thoughts about it:
    Are they legit?
    Real money? if so, how much are they really asking for?
    Why aren't the banned yet? I mean how can they just post like this everyday for weeks and months??? Isn't this illegal?? Wtf?

Sometimes I just wish there was a police system live that give sanctions, lmao. Internet and the power of liberty.

Yes they sell a service but I find it very sad to be obligated to sit all day trying to make money in a basement house (good for them if they enjoy doing that) but they could just get a real job with safe money income. However at the end of the day, they can do whatever they want and I think blizzard doesn't give a damn about it. So here is my liittle complain of the day.

What you guys think?
    All you can do is report them. It isn't permitted to do so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    All you can do is report them. It isn't permitted to do so.
    What kind of repport should I fill in ? Like with the report player feature ? right click portrain and spam?

Or should I fill a complete ticket about it?

Could you give more info about what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know -- if it works the same on NA/EU servers -- they abuse CRZ, also taking advantage of addons like DBM and Badboy. Badboy has not (as far as I know) been able to block CRZ spam because they aren't on your realm, a /who will return no player. DBM and ironically Badboy send out a reply to say you are in an instance or don't want to be spammed, and that triggers their gods awful huge spam reply showing them as busy.

What I don't understand is why no addon seems to be able to block whispers flagged as busy. That would eliminate a great deal of the spam I see on Chinese servers.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of repport should I fill in ? Like with the report player feature ? right click portrain and spam?

Or should I fill a complete ticket about it?

Could you give more info about what you mean.
    If I recall, this falls under 'cheating', or you can make a ticket.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If I recall, this falls under 'cheating', or you can make a ticket.
    Yeah! You're right, under cheating you can fill a small text. Thanks!

Deleted
    Yes, its getting out of hand. So many sellers for real money these days.

I wish Blizzard just checked logs to see who contacted spammers, see if those players got boost, find boosters and perman ban them and all buyers (well, maybe temp ban to buyers because who cares what they do with their real money, but spammers/boosters need to go). But its too much work for GMs.
    But I sometimes try to who them but they log off so quick i dont see how ppl can talk to them?
    That's because they are low levels. Players below some level (its either 10 or 20) don't show up in /who to prevent ginvites spam.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-07-15 at 08:15 AM.

It's been like this for almost a decade. What exactly do you expect? If there is a demand there will be a supply. People are selling what they can to get some free money for real life. If you are a student in a high school or some university thats not the worst way to get money. In some countries you can live on that money thanks to exchange rate.

Does it devaluates accomplishments of other people? Sure, it's true for some people. At this point i mostly don't care. How can blizzard fight this? They can't, alright. You and your customer are just talking in skype outside of the game, he gives you money through some web payment service, then he's getting all the loot from HFC (or 2700 pvp rate or smt else). Blizzard can only see him getting the loot. It's their word against yours. there is no proof. They can ban you w/o the proof but why would they ever do this? 20 people are paying for the game, if they are selling carries then they are going to pay for the game as long there are demand for what they are selling (i.e. 1 year of HFC). If you will ban some people from the guild they will buy new accounts and will be back in the game in a week. So theres not much blizzard can do about. Except of course it's some big issue and people are talking, in that case bans are imminent.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2016-07-15 at 12:53 PM.

It's the end of the expansion
    We are getting offered easily twice the usual amount for the last couple carry appointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    How can blizzard fight this? They can't, alright.
    That's not really true I'd claim you could easily limit the number of such transactions considerably but obviously it would cost money to employ people taking care of it.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-15 at 11:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really should do something about it. I find it hard that a company that makes over a Billion dollars a year can't afford to hire 20-30 devs to police the servers a bit
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore