Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Though some guildmates claimed they had been in a dungeon queue for over 60 minutes without any luck. Had a tank complaining about a 15 minute wait. Idk what that means but it doesn't sound good.
    Queues can be quite erratic because of the satchel when a role is in high demand. That tank was probably one of many that joined when the satchel popped up. I've had a few occasions where I received a satchel for queueing as DPS. A better way to bribe tanks and healers in would be to gradually increase the base rewards (gold, XP and Valor) for joining LFD on a role that's in high demand. It would help curb the huge jumps between the amount of tanks and healers that join. Right now the system waits until queues are fairly high, then it gives a pretty large bonus reward, followed by a large influx of tanks/healers. It makes queue times very volatile.

I play on a low population server with 6 merged realms. Seems less dead than at the end of cataclysm.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    The only one that is wrong here is you, My feelings aren't incorrect, as everyone else on these forums, they are allowed to feel what they like. Nor will you change my opinion on the matter, Stormrage feels dead.

If you actually read what I wrote, I never said it was dead, I said it was becoming quite dead, as in, you know, dying? and not as populated as before? SR is the most active, yes. That doesn't say much when almost every other realm is in the same state, infact, goldshire on moonguard feels more populated than Stormrage now a days, can you please tell me where all the people are??? I can't seem to find them.
    Your anecdotal evidence doesn't disprove anything I said. You have obviously never played on an actually dead server if you think SR is even close to "becoming dead." If anything, you're just making the extremely obvious observation that the game is less active at the end of a content drought. It'll still be a fucking disaster at launch.

Neither does your "evidence" I've played on many dead servers, thanks for trying again, but I'm still not going to change my opinion, the realm I play on feels dead. Sorry

Obviously it will still be a disaster at launch, as I am clearly referring to Stormrage FEELING dead due to content drought. Hence people will come back at launch when there's more content. Jesus, must I really explain this?
    I just find it completely fucking hilarious that somebody would refer to a server which I've had to wait in a queue to log into five times in the last month as "becoming dead." You're still wrong about this feeling but it's the internet so you can feel whatever the fuck you want, I guess.

Skullcrusher-EU is quite empty..

Was merged with Al'akir and Xavius, both of which are more populated and you mostly see people of those servers chatting/playing.
    During MoP, there were 3 raiding guilds (A Danish one, An Icelandic one and a general one) went down to 2 early wod and now there is only 1 guild raiding in HFC(The Danish one) all the other guilds are Al'akir/Xavius.
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

TwistingNether-EU. Definitely not dead. AH Market is still booming as well.

You shouldn't get so upset about my opinion. I personally haven't waited in a que for Stormrage since the start of 6.2. I play during peak hours aswell. Weird.
    My guild raids late night on the weekends so I've hit the queue on Friday nights around 11 PM EST for a few weeks consistently. /shrug

As for being upset, I have issues with people basing subjective opinions on fundamentally incorrect information. It's a pet peeve. But we'll likely never agree on this subject so I'll just drop it here. Sorry for the rude tone of my previous posts.

More or less

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Deader than Disco.

you get the census addon and do a realm check to see if your server is "dead" . Ofc you have to factor in prime time peak period of play also. Anything below 300 people I would say that server is dead. Even stormrage US hovers around 2-3k constant last time I checked with census addon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me it seems like there has been a lot of consolidation to larger realms, and by that I mean not so much from Blizzard's actions through connected realms but instead initiated by players. There is a lot of incentive to be on a very active realm for many reasons (and a few incentives to be on low populated ones), with better economy, easier grouping/guilding, more communication, more easily find things you need on the AH or from other players, and a more stable economy. So I think over the past few years many players either through re-rolling or paid xfers have gravitated towards the big-name realms. Other smaller realms being empty/dead just drives that more since those players will move towards a big-name busy realm.

So today you've got the big realms like Tichondrius, Illidan, etc. where Stormwind or Org seem like Grand Central Station packed with people. But then you can connect to 10 other realms in the list and there literally may be 3 players in all of SW or Org in each of them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play on two different realms. The first one, Draenor-EU is heaving with people. The AH is very active and there are always tons of bodies in Tanaan. The second one, Auchindoun-EU is as dead as can be. It has been merged with 3 or 4 other realms but to no avail. I can do the dailies in Tanaan and not see another player.

This is Horde side btw.