Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mists Raid Nerfs

I'm not sure if this is stated in another thread, I apologise in advance if it is but I was wondering if the raids from Mists of Pandaria will be getting the solo mode nerf applied once Legion hits just like previous expansions?

Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Menzolies View Post
    I'm not sure if this is stated in another thread, I apologise in advance if it is but I was wondering if the raids from Mists of Pandaria will be getting the solo mode nerf applied once Legion hits just like previous expansions?
    nope. they only nerfed the gold gained.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason why previous raids got nerfed outright was because of the squish that happened. They don't need to nerf MoP ones because there isn't a squish and once you hit 110 they will be way easier than they are, even at 100 with inflated stats.

Think they plan on doing a squish after Legion though, so that's when you'll see MoP and probably WoD raids nerfed like we see with Cataclysm and before raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Only reason why previous raids got nerfed outright was because of the squish that happened. They don't need to nerf MoP ones because there isn't a squish and once you hit 110 they will be way easier than they are, even at 100 with inflated stats.

Think they plan on doing a squish after Legion though, so that's when you'll see MoP and probably WoD raids nerfed like we see with Cataclysm and before raids.
    The devs mentioned wanting to go another direction than just a flat squish, though... so who knows how old raids will be affected by whatever they ultimately decide to do.

Deleted
    They buff them indirectly, from next week on 100s won't be able to solo what they currently can.

Won't they become drastically easier because you will be greater than 10 levels once you hit 110?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's mostly asking about mechanically impossible/problematic bosses like Galakras (need two for cannons), transform on amber shaper, and maybe a change to make dark animus less crazy. As far as I'm aware they're still unchanged on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They buff them indirectly, from next week on 100s won't be able to solo what they currently can.
    Thats highly dependant on spec and classes. On my ret paladin im terrible soloing on him. On my rogue its another story i can now solo 10 men MoP raids i could not before, my damage is much, much higher.

Up until Legion release, after the prepatch, it'll be much harder to do them instead. Once you hit 110 and get some gear in, it should be soloable for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats highly dependant on spec and classes. On my ret paladin im terrible soloing on him. On my rogue its another story i can now solo 10 men MoP raids i could not before, my damage is much, much higher.
    He's talking about how your damage is cut almost in half with the pre-patch release, which makes every content until we can do until Legion much harder.
    Last edited by Nize; 2016-07-15 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Up until Legion release, after the prepatch, it'll be much harder to do them instead. Once you hit 110 and get some gear in, it should be soloable for the most part

He's talking about how your damage is cut almost in half with the pre-patch release, which makes every content until we can do until Legion much harder.
    Mop stuff got easier on my rogue on the ptr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Won't they become drastically easier because you will be greater than 10 levels once you hit 110?
    Yes, it's like going to cataclysm raids every weekend. However. Some classes are still better than others at farming old raids. Cataclysm had a variety of bosses and mechanics, witch gave certain classes some problems when doing 25 heroic, mop had a homogenise design, with only the end bosses of each raid being unique and might strain certain classes or specs to break under gameplay mechanic pressure. Atleast in the early Legion. 25 man heroic Garrosh might be one of those cases.
    Last edited by mmoc35f68e9f3b; 2016-07-15 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I believe you can solo them. I went in with a level 110 premade, which doesn't have that much gear and I killed a 25man hard mode boss without doing much, I think it was Terrace of the Endless Spring? That means with raiding gear or later expansion gear it would be easy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they will eventually (read: When they have time) "nerf" certain boss mechanics that are impossible to solo using "standard" means, they won't nerf the bosses per se though.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2016-07-15 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP doesn't need that debuff/buff. And I don't know what people mean by old fights being unsoloable; I did 10H Horridon and Tortos on my shit geared warrior on the PTR without addons. Sha of Pride might become unkillable for some people due to lower DPS, and Protectors of the Endless will suck with so many classes losing dispell glyphs. As far as MoP goes, that's all I can think of, besides Blood DKs probably going down, and Prot Wars up. Seriously, ignore pain is broken in old content if you can keep it up... Mar'Li couldn't one shot me even if she was empowered!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Mop stuff got easier on my rogue on the ptr.
    Are you playing as Mut on the PTR for old content (or sub or outlaw)?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

There is a level threshold. Its not something they apply or don't.
    If you are so many levels higher than you get the bonus.
    I assume MoP raids would indeed have this once you are 110, but I can't confirm.

Either way, they are already easy so expect them to be even more so in Legion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I assume MoP raids would indeed have this once you are 110, but I can't confirm.
    The level threshold you mentioned was introduced for content affected by the squish. Since MoP content was still relevant when the squish went through, it stands to reason it would be excluded from this mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

Either way, they are already easy so expect them to be even more so in Legion.
    That's not how it works. The iLvl threshold is set by expansion- hence why you get extra damage in Cata at 90 (5 levels higher), rather than the 10 levels needed for, well, 10 level expansions.

There is no portion of that code that applies to MoP, and the blue's have stated over and over that there will be no "out level damage increase", as the ones already in place for Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cata were only put in to counter the effects of a linearized gearing squish. Gear is exponential from MoP onwards, and as such, until they do another squish there will be no buff to our damage in MoP (or WoD) content, no matter how much we out level it.

That said, we'll be doing so much more damage at 110 that most of them will be solo able, but it won't be like FL is now where you do a hugely increased amount of damage.

Twitter, for reference: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...11377406988288
    Last edited by JemiS; 2016-07-16 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Link to existing thread
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rfs-on-the-PTR

Related comment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._gold_farming/
    Specifically, Item values in old content was reduced by the following amounts at the time of this video (sourced in video by a tweet from @nightstalker314):
    MoP -23%
    Cata -25%
    Wrath -23%
    TBC -15%
    Classic -5%
    Loot gold from bosses remains the same, making this less that a 25% nerf specifically for cata. Applying these numbers the given example from the video for Black Wing Decent is 1492g for live, vs 1309g for Legion. He then reminds the viewers that you will be killing bosses significantly faster in legion, so gph is generally unaffected.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-07-17 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    From personal experience, Druids, Shamans, monks and paladins are excellent in soloing mop content. They can adapt to certain mechanics unlike other classes.