Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Yeah, noticed someone said that. What is this based on, other than the fact that it kind of looks like he's draining it? He could just be destroying the World Tree to access it, no?
    yes but he cant just make the portal, it takes time and lots of prep, so why in the middle of a war go "ok let me start base setup" instead of destroying them all, then setting up, it seems more likley he was trying to absorb the power, and kill the tree, and we dident really blow up the tree, we just singed the bark and roots... we blew up the whisps... but its like setting up a portal for sargeras would take weeks if not months... why wouldent he take care of us first... it seems much much more likley he wanted to soak up all the power, and eradicate us all himself, also either way it changes nothing, he wanted the tree for something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Please this is the wow lore section. if you would like to discuss topics unrelated to WoW, please use the off-topic section. thank you.
    you have said nothing lore wise in this thread... please show me where you have
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Legion creates scourge to weaken Azeroth paving the way for the second invasion of the burning legion

- Scourge summons Archimonde into our world

- Archimonde makes a pretty sandcastle and use it to fuck up Dalaran.

- in the mean time the scourge is trying to break legion control

- Illidan fights Arthas to a stalemate, munches on the skull of Gul'dan after Arthas tells him about it and then he proceeds to roflstomp Tichondrius essentially ending the legion Threat in Felwood and the surrounding areas.

- Night elves, The Horde and The Alliance tries to hold back Archimonde and his forces long enough for Malfurion to finish the ritual and set the trap for Archimonde

- Archimonde roflstomps the Alliance, Horde and Night elf bases and proceeds to make sweet love with the world tree.

- Jokes on him Malfurion boobytrapped the tree and now Archimonde is getting swarmed by a million angry forest spirits who then goes Thermonuclear and blow up the tree, Archimonde included.

- Side effect of blowing up the World tree is the loss of the night elves immortality.

TL;DR The point was to defeat the Legion for the second time.

He never had any need to stop us, we couldn't touch him. That's why they had to resort to blowing the tree up,
    Besides - it took pretty much everything what the Horde, Thrall and the Night Elves had to simply slow his advance. Simply by reaching the Tree, Archimonde has almost completely crushed any resistance in the area with little effort. What was left wasn't enough to challenge him.

The Well could have been used to summon Sargeras, as it was during the War of the Ancients.
    No lol that was Archimonde empowering himself stop spreading bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

impersonating mods is against the rules. sorry will have to report for this.
    it's also forbidden to talk about mods

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    it's also forbidden to talk about mods
    inb4 30th infraction

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but he cant just make the portal, it takes time and lots of prep, so why in the middle of a war go "ok let me start base setup" instead of destroying them all, then setting up, it seems more likley he was trying to absorb the power, and kill the tree, and we dident really blow up the tree, we just singed the bark and roots... we blew up the whisps... but its like setting up a portal for sargeras would take weeks if not months... why wouldent he take care of us first... it seems much much more likley he wanted to soak up all the power, and eradicate us all himself, also either way it changes nothing, he wanted the tree for something
    Archimonde was over-confident.
    The Legion has crushed the mortal forces pretty much on every turn. It took the combined strength of the NE, Horde and Jaina's men to even slow him down a bit and not without taking heavy losses. If Archimonde and his servants crushed the united mortal armies with relative ease on his way to the Tree, he just thought that what little remained of us was no threat at all.

Possible, but if he was indeed trying to absorb it, why is he still in charge of the Legion's army? I've yet to see any evidence that Sargeras is in a sort of limbo as people seem to speculate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possible, but if he was indeed trying to absorb it, why is he still in charge of the Legion's army? I've yet to see any evidence that Sargeras is in a sort of limbo as people seem to speculate.
    what? what speculation are you talking about? if he wasent he would be here allready... the main demonic force has finally arivved, and if he was free he would be with them...

Wasn't Sargeras last seen when his avatar fought Aegwynn and not heard from since, even by the BL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Demons were running rampant across Kalimdor. Even the scourge managed to get a foothold there in the short time they were on the continent.

Besides, Archie climbing the tree and fucking it to death would have cost them their immortality anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played WC3 and i know what happend. But generally i mean, since mentioned stuff with Medivh etc.

But at some point, Azeroth is weakened with night elves losing thier immortality?

what? what speculation are you talking about? if he wasent he would be here allready... the main demonic force has finally arivved, and if he was free he would be with them...
    Bigger demons are hard to summon, that's why Gul'dan needs the Nightwell. It took months to ready the portal during WoTA IIRC, and the original well was probably far more potent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bigger demons are hard to summon, that's why Gul'dan needs the Nightwell. It took months to ready the portal during WoTA IIRC, and the original well was probably far more potent.
    so how does this prove that hes not stuck in the twisting nether? how does talking about how long it takes to summon him, confirm hes not still stuck in the twisting nether?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I played WC3 and i know what happend. But generally i mean, since mentioned stuff with Medivh etc.

But at some point, Azeroth is weakened with night elves losing thier immortality?
    uhhh again you seem to ingore what everyone has said... the whisps blew up all at once, kiling archimonde ,but also charring the roots and bark of the world tree, removing the night elves immortaility...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

The Legion probably weren't aware that the Night Elves were immortal, and even then it was immortality in the natural sense, they couldn't die of illness or age, but they could still be killed in battle. They were invading for the same reason as always. Previously it was to conquer and destroy, and to get revenge for the War of the Ancients in part, now we know it's to destroy Azeroth's World Soul to protect her from the Old Gods turning her into a manifestation of a Void God.

- - - Updated - - -

so how does this prove that hes not stuck in the twisting nether? how does talking about how long it takes to summon him, confirm hes not still stuck in the twisting nether?
    If the invading army travelled through the Great Dark Beyond, Sargeras wouldn't necessarily travel with them, just as Kil'Jaeden hasn't (to my knowledge). He'll wait for them to summon him, because he can, just as he did during the War of the Ancients. I've got no proof that he isn't, I've just never been convinced that he's trapped in the Nether, never seen convincing evidence. My point wasn't that he isn't in the nether, just that he doesn't have to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Legion probably weren't aware that the Night Elves were immortal, and even then it was immortality in the natural sense, they couldn't die of illness or age, but they could still be killed in battle. They were invading for the same reason as always. Previously it was to conquer and destroy, and to get revenge for the War of the Ancients in part, now we know it's to destroy Azeroth's World Soul to protect her from the Old Gods turning her into a manifestation of a Void God.

- - - Updated - - -

If the invading army travelled through the Great Dark Beyond, Sargeras wouldn't necessarily travel with them, just as Kil'Jaeden hasn't (to my knowledge). He'll wait for them to summon him, because he can, just as he did during the War of the Ancients. I've got no proof that he isn't, I've just never been convinced that he's trapped in the Nether, never seen convincing evidence. My point wasn't that he isn't in the nether, just that he doesn't have to be.
    it dictates i nthe orignal book he was trapped... also why... he can fly through space faster then the legion ships... if he wasent trapped, he would be here...

it dictates i nthe orignal book he was trapped... also why... he can fly through space faster then the legion ships... if he wasent trapped, he would be here...
    Maybe there is something about Azeroth preventing him from entering the world without having someone on the other side beckoning him through like a defense mechanism of sorts. I mean Sargeras is big like planetsized big but maybe Azeroth is simply obscured from his sight and therefore he needs minions on the world acting like beacons of sorts to guide him through the nether to Azeroth.

Of course I am just wildly speculating at this point.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-07-15 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Maybe there is something about Azeroth preventing him from entering the world without having someone on the other side beckoning him through like a defense mechanism of sorts. I mean Sargeras is big like planetsized big but maybe Azeroth is simply obscured from his sight and therefore he needs minions on the world acting like beacons of sorts to guide him through the nether to Azeroth.

Of course I am just wildly speculating at this point.
    heres what im saying, hes trapped in the nether, and needs a huge thing like the well of eternity, a thing only our planet can have, to get out

and its proven because if he wasent trapped in the nether, he would just be able to fly through space, he wanted to take the portal because of how long it would take to get here, for example 10 thousend years, its now been 10 thousen and whatever years, and the legions main forces are ariving, and if he wasent trappedi n the nether, he would be here with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Wasn't Sargeras last seen when his avatar fought Aegwynn and not heard from since, even by the BL?
    He was inside Medivh. He contacted Gul'dan. IIRC, he also contacted Kil'jaeden in Rise of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all appreciate your input but please keep posts sensible, children use this forum. Will have to report you if i notice it again, for the good of the community.
    ^ b8

and its proven because if he wasent trapped in the nether, he would just be able to fly through space, he wanted to take the portal because of how long it would take to get here, for example 10 thousend years, its now been 10 thousen and whatever years, and the legions main forces are ariving, and if he wasent trappedi n the nether, he would be here with them
    The legion force arriving here without Sargeras isn't really an indication of him being stuck in Nether, though, seeing they didn't travel through space. KJ isn't stuck in the Nether, and he isn't here yet either.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.