I really don't know what's the point of more beta accounts at this point. I mean, prepatch is probably coming next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Ugh, anyone else struggling to get on?
    I was on and DC'd about 4 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I really don't know what's the point of more beta accounts at this point. I mean, prepatch is probably coming next week.
    Donno, Servers were already straining under the last batch, adding more to it at this point seems wierd Oo
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Are the trying to kill the servers now? Wanted to log into PTR just then and suddenly have Beta access.

Now I just have to decide wether or not I want to ruin the fun for release or not.

Yeah the servers are frying, I get disconnected every 2min and there's a small queue when I log back in (when it works)...

Beta won't end until about a week before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Beta won't end until about a week before release.
    Doesn't change much. Why let people into beta that late? Let them in early so they can test thoroughly rather then a couple of weeks before release.

Doesn't change much. Why let people into beta that late? Let them in early so they can test thoroughly rather then a couple of weeks before release.
    Getting in new people at all stages is important because they will level through the content and re-test content for new bugs or to check if the fixes worked.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Getting in new people at all stages is important because they will level through the content and re-test content for new bugs or to check if the fixes worked.
    Yeah sure, I get that It's not entirely useless. But it feels ineffective. But then again, Blizz probably knows better.

That's actually part of the point....

1. Beta participation is going to plummet as people start spending more and more time on live, with things like the prepatch to occupy them, so sending out a big wave of new invites makes sense...

2. Also, increasing population drastically enables them to try and stress test the game, something which frankly it's not doing so well at from what I've been seeing the past few days.

3. Getting a fresh set of eyes on how classes/specs feel can help make any last minute balance decisions

4. Finally, it's a marketing thing... send out a wave.... more people talking about Legion, and getting small sampling of the game, they might feel more encouraged to buy it... I wouldn't be surprised if a large % of the invites that went out in this wave where otherwise inactive accounts.

Blizzard took their time... Just got invited to the beta! hell ye

You have it the wrong way around.
    Beta isn't meant to be a thing people play when there's nothing better to do, the proximity to release doesn't matter.

In fact, pre-patch being out means that they will need more testers.
    People who were treating Beta as a demo will stop playing, so more people need to be added to replace them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgamech View Post
    Oh hey, I'm in the beta. A bit too late for that I think.
    I haven't gotten in yet...
    For the Horde!

Anyone done some testing how to best avoid the scaling terror in artifact quests?

check your accounts , i got flagged for Beta today

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    check your accounts , i got flagged for Beta today
    no you did not.
    you got flagged before and didnt notice it.
    dont
    fcking
    lie!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no you did not.
    dont
    fcking
    lie!
    I did not get flagged today or yesterday, or any day. I remain green and jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Builds are typically 2-3 ahead of where Beta is at so there wouldn't be much time/room to cover bugs at this point. Most of the invites that are going out now will be for server stability and marketing. (Most likely marketing)
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-07-15 at 03:40 PM.

no you did not.
    dont
    fcking
    lie!
    My Guildmaster got flagged today, she would have noticed if it was yesterday or even a week before that, since its a daily topic in gchat

no you did not.
    dont
    fcking
    lie!
    I was absolutely not flagged last night, but I was this morning.