Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So, the Demon Invasion events and thier issues...

So, if you've missed it, current PTR build is marked for release on Wednesday, and still has gamebreaking bugs, along with balance issues to the event bosses that has been reported and ignored completely for a month. Examples:

The world bosses hitting a fully Mythic Warforged geared tank to death on first melee attack. Aggro not working properly (iLvl 700 shaman: stealing the aggro of that same warrior the times he manages to live, and he is one of the guys tanking Mythic Archimonde in my guild), several abilities (the Darkmage bosses in particular) making no sense and being way way way overtuned, such as: up to 12 melee mobs designed to not have hitboxes meleeing you indefinately, slowing you by stacking percent up to 87,5%, and the bosses having massive 1-hit AoE abilities which, because of these unavoidable enemies, are garuanteed to instantly kill you. On the counter side, the Dreadlord bosses can be soloed by a DPS Death Knight if only NPC's are in the area, due to Anti-Magic shell and the boss' Mind Control ability making you unable to steal aggro.

Yes, I am annoyed af about the lack of fixes or changes and just plainly ignored bug reports and feedback.

EDIT: The rest of the event parts are really awesome, but the design of the bosses in particular and how they have marked this as release with said gamebreaking bugs, and never adressed them or peoples questions about them either, is just mindbogglingly stupid.

Speaking of the bugs, one particularly nasty ones afflicting Demonology Warlocks: if your pet is charging into an AoE, it hardcrashes the game client. Same with warriors, although there is is a roughly 10% chance of happening. Seen about 1k reports, been in for every PTR build, still not fixed.

This build being marked as "Release" is abominable.
    Last edited by mmoc6ef4b81bf8; 2016-07-15 at 05:05 AM.

Deleted
    A lot of things about Legion design is abominable. This is just another drop in that bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    So, if you've missed it, current PTR build is marked for release on Wednesday, and still has gamebreaking bugs, along with balance issues to the event bosses that has been reported and ignored completely for a month. Examples:

The world bosses hitting a fully Mythic Warforged geared tank to death on first melee attack. Aggro not working properly (iLvl 700 shaman: stealing the aggro of that same warrior the times he manages to live, and he is one of the guys tanking Mythic Archimonde in my guild), several abilities (the Darkmage bosses in particular) making no sense and being way way way overtuned, such as: up to 12 melee mobs designed to not have hitboxes meleeing you indefinately, slowing you by stacking percent up to 87,5%, and the bosses having massive 1-hit AoE abilities which, because of these unavoidable enemies, are garuanteed to instantly kill you. On the counter side, the Dreadlord bosses can be soloed by a DPS Death Knight if only NPC's are in the area, due to Anti-Magic shell and the boss' Mind Control ability making you unable to steal aggro.

Yes, I am annoyed af about the lack of fixes or changes and just plainly ignored bug reports and feedback.

EDIT: The rest of the event parts are really awesome, but the design of the bosses in particular and how they have marked this as release with said gamebreaking bugs, and never adressed them or peoples questions about them either, is just mindbogglingly stupid.

Speaking of the bugs, one particularly nasty ones afflicting Demonology Warlocks: if your pet is charging into an AoE, it hardcrashes the game client. Same with warriors, although there is is a roughly 10% chance of happening. Seen about 1k reports, been in for every PTR build, still not fixed.

you seem to forget that what we see on the ptr is about a month behind what is at blizz HQ... so most likley all these "completely unfixed bugs and balance issues" are fixed....

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    A lot of things about Legion design is abominable. This is just another drop in that bucket.
    such as? i really love people who say a lot of thing but never list them.
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses one shotting tanks you say? Sounds like BC all over again.

Even if they are bugs, I think it's kind of awesome that the initial beachhead push of the Legion smashes and destroys our first response. They are supposed to be kind of badass, after all.

Someone may need to know that the invasion isn't happening on the release of the patch but a few weeks later...

Totally agree. The UI is bugged (sometimes you can't close windows or pop ups, hp bars disappear or cover the entire screen), transmog is bugged (missing appearances, bugged models), bugged shaders (shining weapons, grass, trees), etc. etc. etc. I hope they release a giant build with hundreds of bugfixes soon or Legion's release will be worse than WoD (remember when they ignored almost every bug report on the forum during warlords beta test and shipped an unstable game? I do).
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post

The invasions aren't going live with the patch, which is also probably why they arent focused on fixing those issues, theyre focused on the content that will be launching with the initial prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The invasions aren't going live with the patch, which is also probably why they arent focused on fixing those issues, theyre focused on the content that will be launching with the initial prepatch.
    But...most of the content that will be launching with the prepatch is bugged as well...people is complaining about that everywhere...
    They haven't fixed anything in the last 3 builds.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you seem to forget that what we see on the ptr is about a month behind what is at blizz HQ... so most likley all these "completely unfixed bugs and balance issues" are fixed....
    QFT.

lots of folks forget this simple yet crucial fact.

They wouldn't have latest build marked for release.

In before "yea but Blizz is incompetent".

No they aren't.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

The reason the invasion doesn't directly start when prepatch hits is exactly this. They want everything to be smooth and fine until they hit the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    OK... yeah.. no. What is on PTR, minus some hotfixes, would be what was going live. That is why it is marked "Release".

With that said, since the invasions won't start for another 2 weeks AFTER the prepatch goes live, they have plenty of time to fix the bugs, test on PTR and release before the invasions actually begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    OK... yeah.. no. What is on PTR, minus some hotfixes, would be what was going live. That is why it is marked "Release".
    Yea no?
    So you are disputing that Blizzard has builds that exceed the users builds?

What you wrote after the "yea no" is true (ie the current ptr build is release candidate for live. In its current iteration)) but so is what i just said.
    And FelPlague.
    Ie they would have builds addressing bugs

More to the point:
    the current ptr build is flagged for release.
    In its current iteration, there are bugs.
    More than likely.
    We have some days left until possible patch going live on 19th.
    I stress possible.
    Until then, what is stopping Blizzard releasing another build with bug fixes and marking that one for release version?
    Nothing is the answwer.

Remember: they have builds further along than us.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2016-07-15 at 12:15 PM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Just becouse it says marked as release version don´t mean it is the final version and fixes won´t be made, since the hole thing with ptr is for people to test it.

Invasions wont go live with the PTR anyway, its like 3 more weeks until the invasions starts, so they have time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Yea no?
    So you are disputing that Blizzard has builds that exceed the users builds?

What you wrote after the "yea no" is true (ie the current ptr build is release candidate for live. In its current iteration)) but so is what i just said.
    And FelPlague.
    Ie they would have builds addressing bugs

More to the point:
    the current ptr build is flagged for release.
    In its current iteration, there are bugs.
    More than likely.
    We have some days left until possible patch going live on 19th.
    I stress possible.
    Until then, what is stopping Blizzard releasing another build with bug fixes and marking that one for release version?
    Nothing is the answwer.

Remember: they have builds further along than us.
    When you push build, you start with that build and continue on... Yes they have a newer build than what is on PTR.. but what I diagreed with was:

"...about a month behind what is at blizz HQ, so most likley all these "completely unfixed bugs and balance issues" are fixed"

Not likely at all, or they would have been pushed a few days ago to the release build. They are not a month ahead. They will be in about 3 weeks... but right now they are exactly 3 days ahead.

I bet that will be fixed for the time invasions come, anyways, i rather play the damn patch now and watch those bosses oneshot tanks than keep playing what we'v got now.

They have plenty of time to fix it and even if it goes live with some bugs it will be hot fixed when it's live. Stop complaining just to complain and be happy that legion is almost here and that WoD is finally over.

Also I've had no issues with warrior charge "hardcrashing" the game. A bug like that would be fixed very quickly either way if it does get live though so no need to concern yourself.
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2016-07-15 at 12:28 PM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    right now they are exactly 3 days ahead.
    I won't necessarily disagree, but will just say that with that 3 days they may well already have 2 or 3 release candidates already to fire off.

Anyway, we will see when patch goes live.
    I'm sure they wouldn't release it bug-riddled to such an extent that various aspects of the game are.....trivial.

Pressure from the players to release earlier will not disuade them from releasing a more than stable release.