I was more thinking mythic dungeons, since a lot of raid bosses have some mechanic you could stand in and soak reasonably safely, be it cleave, void zones, breath, etc.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it but, isn't Cenedril our highest DPS legendary?

Unless I'm misunderstanding it, doing close to 200% of our max HP every 90 seconds is definitely insane. Sure you might have to taunt bosses and take 2-3 swings to fully use it, but if done properly it's nearly 50k DPS when you have 2.2m HP
    Yes, you're correct. But using Touch of Karma offensively is dangerous and not something you're going to see recommended. First and foremost its a legendary that increases the power of a defensive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Chi Orbit is not remotely viable. They halved the AP contribution, it isn't even close now.

It's 14,521 DPS behind, and that will only get worse with mastery scaling if they don't make ch orbit benefit from mastery. They murdered Chi Orbit.

Serenity is 7k behind, but Serenity has the problem of replacing SEF, killing your ranged cleave capacity and SCK capacity. You're losing more than just DPS with Serenity, you're losing flexibility.

It's gonna be WDP and Hit Combo.
    Man they really don't know how to gently balance do they.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Man they really don't know how to gently balance do they.
    Considering the vastly overblown reaction and vitriol that chi Orbit received, it shouldn't be surprising that it received such a huge nerf. People were talking about it as if it was the single most ruinous thing ever put in the game.

When people hop on the bandwagon of calling Chi Orbit and eyesore and talk about how its ruined the class for them, the stupidest thing ever, and other hyperbole, this is the reaction that it garners.

However, its much easier to break a talent like that down and slowly build it up than to slowly break it down. Now that its been nerfed, I'd expect a few small buffs to bring it back up closer to everything else. It needed to be cut in half so that those of us testing could do so without having to worry about Chi Orbit because it shouldn't ever be best due to its passive nature.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-07-15 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Yes, you're correct. But using Touch of Karma offensively is dangerous and not something you're going to see recommended. First and foremost its a legendary that increases the power of a defensive.
    Touch of Karma has to go back to Blackfuse conveyor belt levels of offensive power.

Deleted
    does FoF stun baseline now? or was the ninja fix reverted? and if yes does it stun while in movement too?

Quote Originally Posted by defury View Post
    Is the DPS competitive though? That's a big concern, if the 8 ability rotation is very far ahead then I will feel forced to play it but if not then the passives do solve my problem
    Honestly I think virtually any choice of talents is going to be viable depending on your goals. I'm guessing you're not in the race to worlds first or you wouldn't be asking about this. If you're a mythic raider then you'll probably have to add some buttons to your rotation, but if your goals are Heroic Gul'dan or below for the tier then you can play whatever you want and be fine.

It's my view that your ability to deal with fight mechanics will always be the first determining factor of your dps so if a simpler rotation means you stand in less bad etc then Chi Orbit will be a dps gain for you. That said, if you just want the biggest possible numbers with a small rotation, I think there are better choices for you this tier like Assassination for example. Or you could just bite the bullet and buy a Naga and an Orbweaver and be all the windwalker you can be. ;p
    Last edited by Shoeboots; 2016-07-15 at 06:36 PM.

Got some questions boys. I have 2 expansions of mythic raiding on my monk and enhance shaman and now have legion beta access. I've been testing like crazy trying to find the most fun play style but now it's time to seek numbers. But there is very low information out there. Sitting in front of a dummy gives me around the same DPS numbers when using the stock lvl character on the PVP server.

Is the thing to stack the FoF buff to 10 before you use it? Or just throw it out when its off Cooldown? I usually have 5-6 stacks by the time it's ready to use again.

I'd ask about RjW or hit combo but it seems that Hit combo is really reliable for single target though I'd most likely take RjW for any sort of adds, it seems strong there.

Last question is between Ascension or Energizing Elixirs. The Elixirs reminds me a bit of chi brew which makes me love it, but Ascension gives that energy regain which is always appreciated when the "jab" costs 10billion energy now and haste is still low. Is there a consensus for this out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Moai View Post
    does FoF stun baseline now? or was the ninja fix reverted? and if yes does it stun while in movement too?
    FoF stun is a talent in the honor tree, so it's not baseline.

So, I am a MW main that wants to test WW for leveling in Legion on the beta. I have no weapons, no trinkets. When I accept the quest at Level 102 to go for the WW Artifact... uhm... how do I complete the quest with basically nothing? Am I missing something? (I'm a new player to Monks so I don't have savings of gear from live.)

EDIT: N/M -- Found Caydori, she sells 1H weapons for 100g each! Sorry.
    Last edited by Uunagi; 2016-07-15 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smuttman View Post
    FoF stun is a talent in the honor tree, so it's not baseline.
    people reported that FoF was stunning on beta and NOT in pvp template

When I was playing last night, FoF was NOT stunning in the general World areas.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

It was for a build or two, it was a bug and was fixed 2? weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Got some questions boys. I have 2 expansions of mythic raiding on my monk and enhance shaman and now have legion beta access. I've been testing like crazy trying to find the most fun play style but now it's time to seek numbers. But there is very low information out there. Sitting in front of a dummy gives me around the same DPS numbers when using the stock lvl character on the PVP server.

Is the thing to stack the FoF buff to 10 before you use it? Or just throw it out when its off Cooldown? I usually have 5-6 stacks by the time it's ready to use again.

I'd ask about RjW or hit combo but it seems that Hit combo is really reliable for single target though I'd most likely take RjW for any sort of adds, it seems strong there.

Last question is between Ascension or Energizing Elixirs. The Elixirs reminds me a bit of chi brew which makes me love it, but Ascension gives that energy regain which is always appreciated when the "jab" costs 10billion energy now and haste is still low. Is there a consensus for this out yet?
    All of these are answered on my site if you haven't taken a look at it then I recommend it.

Transfer the power is a buff to enjoy, not to pay attention to. You don't want to delay FoF for pretty much any reason. The only time you' might want to is if there was a mechanic like Gorefiend's feast that increased damage huge, then you'd want to go into that with 10 stacks, but after that you go back to using it on cooldown and not worrying about stacks.

RJW is definitely the strongest for if there is more than one target at all, Hit Combo is good for single target after the recent buffs.

Energizing Elixirs is the clear winner. Power Strikes is decent but not as good since its slightly behind in generation and isn't on use. Ascension was behind before and got a 33% nerf, so now its even further behind.

All of these are answered on my site if you haven't taken a look at it then I recommend it.

Transfer the power is a buff to enjoy, not to pay attention to. You don't want to delay FoF for pretty much any reason. The only time you' might want to is if there was a mechanic like Gorefiend's feast that increased damage huge, then you'd want to go into that with 10 stacks, but after that you go back to using it on cooldown and not worrying about stacks.

RJW is definitely the strongest for if there is more than one target at all, Hit Combo is good for single target after the recent buffs.

Energizing Elixirs is the clear winner. Power Strikes is decent but not as good since its slightly behind in generation and isn't on use. Ascension was behind before and got a 33% nerf, so now its even further behind.
    Very interesting in regards to the Ascension answer. Thanks for the reply. I since checked out your site, some good stuff on there.

Ascension has been my favorite talent ever since they added the passive effect in that MoP patch. I always liked the freedom the extra chi gave. But it has never panned out to be even slightly competitive, which saddens me. One day your time will come...

Can you explain how EE is supposed to be used/why it's better than the other two? Messing around in Beta it seems like you have more than enough Chi to power RSK/FoF/Artifact ability. Is it mostly an AOE boost?

Right now on PTR, Whirling Dragon Punch doesn't seem to be doing correct damage, or at least not according to it's tooltip.
    My tooltip dmg for WDP is 62,220, but I just ran a 5-man and my avg non-crits were about 20k and my avg crits were about 40k.

So I just smack on the raider's dummy for a while, and my avg non-crit WDP was 17k and avg crit was 33k. This is without using SEF. There's no way that armor should be reducing WDP to this degree.

In comparison, my RSK tooltip dmg is 45,478 and on the raider dummy my non-crits avged 33k and avg crit RSK was 77k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Ascension has been my favorite talent ever since they added the passive effect in that MoP patch. I always liked the freedom the extra chi gave. But it has never panned out to be even slightly competitive, which saddens me. One day your time will come...
    Ascension has been key this expansion when using Chi Explosion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans2 View Post
    Can you explain how EE is supposed to be used/why it's better than the other two? Messing around in Beta it seems like you have more than enough Chi to power RSK/FoF/Artifact ability. Is it mostly an AOE boost?
    Its pretty straightforward, EE gets used on cooldown as long as you have 0 Chi, and preferably not energy capped, but not required. It used in both single target and AOE. Power Strikes is close behind, but still behind. Because EE can be saved for an important time, it has the added bonus over the other passive talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Right now on PTR, Whirling Dragon Punch doesn't seem to be doing correct damage, or at least not according to it's tooltip.
    My tooltip dmg for WDP is 62,220, but I just ran a 5-man and my avg non-crits were about 20k and my avg crits were about 40k.

So I just smack on the raider's dummy for a while, and my avg non-crit WDP was 17k and avg crit was 33k. This is without using SEF. There's no way that armor should be reducing WDP to this degree.

In comparison, my RSK tooltip dmg is 45,478 and on the raider dummy my non-crits avged 33k and avg crit RSK was 77k.
    Unfortunately the tooltips don't always reflect the damage. Its possible we'll not see any more tooltip revision until the next major patch. WDP also hits multiple times per use IIRC, so be sure to factor in the multiple hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post

WDP hits multiple times (three I believe?), it's not just a single hit.