Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The whole ''bombing the middle east'' approach ? You all seem to assume it was not tried before.
    The public is fickle, we started the bombing and wars and it worked. It worked so well we forgot what it was we were fighting against, so we put in new leadership. That leadership pulled out of everything, allowing the tide of radical islam to gain it's foothold again, even stronger. Once again, we remember what we were fighting against. Want to know why Trump is doing well? Because we now remember, and we now see what passivity gets you... death.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Sure, but who?

Don't you think we might drastically increase the amount of violence if people are seeing their innocent families deported and executed?
    A small period of violence is a price I'm ready to pay to have peace for the next century. The current situation is the result of 60y of a rotten ideology, I think we waited long enough.

Also what legal framework? There were tons of "terrorist" attacks by the resistance in Nazi-Germany, and they obviously tried to go after such people, but the politicians also abused the situation to go after innocents and political opponents as well.
    An authoritarian state, you dont like it, I dont like it, but that's the only way to deal with extremists and I dont make the rules. There will be collateral damage, but that's better than letting yourself die.
    I dont see the attempt to make the parralel to the resistance. The relevant point is that it was in occupied-france, not by an elected government (Dont tell me vichy wasnt under germany rules). If anything the terrorists are the Nazis here, not the resistants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Violence begets more violence.

Never understood why some of you can't understand that.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Assuming that every Muslim is a terrorist. Or that this guy was clearly a terrorist since he was (possibly) Muslim makes you as weak minded and ignorant as the extremists you claim to hate so much.

Not sure what being a muslim has to do with whether or not he's a terrorist...I mean, he couldn't possibly be more of a terrorist, even if he chanted slogans for 30min while slaughtering people. Why he resorted to terrorism remains to be seen, and while islamic terrorism is very likely indeed, we don't really know yet. Point is, it was 100% obvious that he was a terrorist almost from the start, so noone has to find a rationale for that part. Speculations are about why, and well, either the reason is what everyone suspects, or we will be very surprised indeed. Both outcomes are, at least to some degree, still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post

Bullshit. WW2 wasnt ended by love and tolerance, it was solved by more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Pretty pointless to put the blame on people who are dead. We need to find out what makes people 'snap' to the point they want to become extremist islamists (or white US massacre shooters, etc.)
    They're hyper religious. It's pretty hard for a non religious person to understand.

Israel triggers these people, seeing Israelis treat the Palestinians badly. Islam says Muslims must protect each other and Muslims have failed to protect the Palestinians.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Of course not every muslim is a terrorist that would be ridiculous lol

But a vast number of them support jihad attacks, so regardless of whether or not they directly participate they are also to blame

The bottom line is that Islam needs a reformation, but how many Muslims do you see running to the front lines to stand up against the orthodox form of the religion and inject some sanity into the ideology?

And please, don't pretend to have enough knowledge of the Islamic faith to decide what is 'orthodox' or not. It's abundantly clear that you don't.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Not sure what being a muslim has to do with whether or not he's a terrorist...I mean, he couldn't possibly be more of a terrorist, even if he chanted slogans for 30min while slaughtering people. Why he resorted to terrorism remains to be seen, and while islamic terrorism is very likely indeed, we don't really know yet. Point is, it was 100% obvious that he was a terrorist almost from the start, so noone has to find a rationale for that part. Speculations are about why, and well, either the reason is what everyone suspects, or we will be very surprised indeed. Both outcomes are, at least to some degree, still possible.
    There is no evidence this is terrorism. Slapping the word "Terrorism" on everything that happens does nothing but belittle the word and remove any and all meaning of it. For it to be terrorism there has to be a political motive. As of right now there is no evidence of a political motive. So not terrorism.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Bullshit. WW2 wasnt ended by love and tolerance, it was solved by more violence.
    World's changed since then. You don't need an army to massacre anymore; just one guy with some extra ammo and bad intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    You don't have to be violent or use violence to be the target of violence. In the end, our very existence depends upon our ability to be violent to anyone who threatens us. Only the strongest survive, this is human nature, hell it's just nature. The existence of life depends upon feeding upon another's life.
    Doesn't change what I said, either. Violence isn't the only universal answer; just takes some backbone, effort, and sacrifice to find the other ways.
    Last edited by Jun; 2016-07-15 at 02:50 PM.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post

You don't have to be violent or use violence to be the target of violence. In the end, our very existence depends upon our ability to be violent to anyone who threatens us. Only the strongest survive, this is human nature, hell it's just nature. The existence of life depends upon feeding upon another's life.

Deleted
    Talking about the Middle East wars when the terrorist was a second-generation Franco-Tunisian... France is now paying for the "multicultural" (aka ghettos) politics from the 60s. Islam extremism is just an affirmative pretext for the lack of future of thousands of young people.

Deleted
    Allah Akbar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    There is no evidence this is terrorism. Slapping the word "Terrorism" on everything that happens does nothing but belittle the word and remove any and all meaning of it. For it to be terrorism there has to be a political motive. As of right now there is no evidence of a political motive. So not terrorism.
    Terrorism is the intention of spreading terror, either political, economical, ideological or religious. That's the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Talking about the Middle East wars when the terrorist was a second-generation Franco-Tunisian... France is now paying for the "multicultural" (aka ghettos) politics from the 60s. Islam extremism is just an affirmative pretext for the lack of future of thousands of young people.
    Yeah, a lot of the recent French terrorists where French nationals and many of them were in their twenties and never had held a job.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

And please, don't pretend to have enough knowledge of the Islamic faith to decide what is 'orthodox' or not. It's abundantly clear that you don't.
    Oh look you found an isolated crowd of people that subscribe to a belief system that executes gays and enslaves women

You can find that type of video to contradict literally any stereotype, that doesn't change what I stated before

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The public is fickle, we started the bombing and wars and it worked. It worked so well we forgot what it was we were fighting against, so we put in new leadership. That leadership pulled out of everything, allowing the tide of radical islam to gain it's foothold again, even stronger. Once again, we remember what we were fighting against. Want to know why Trump is doing well? Because we now remember, and we now see what passivity gets you... death.
    Ah okay, it's Obama fault. What was the plan ? Staying in Iraq for 200 years ?

Deleted
    The guys profile in the media : violent, drank, liked salsa, not religious, criminal

Seems more like a school shooter than a jihadi. Just another depressed arsehole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the recent French terrorists where French nationals and many of them were in their twenties and never had held a job.
    And it will get worse if the eurocrats, closed in their ebony towers and only see numbers, don't wake up for the reality.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Terrorism is the intention of spreading terror. That's the definition.
    That's out right wrong.

Terrorism, in its broadest sense, is defined as the use or threatened use of violence (terror) in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim
    Terrorism is about means and motive, without knowing the motive it cannot be determined to be terrorism.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah, like Algeria for second and third generation migrants. That ''citizenship'' thing means ''fur white dudes KEK'' after all.
    Not the ones already in Europe with citizenship. If they do have French citizenship of course they need to be allowed in. I am referring to immigrants which are by passing the normal entry laws. Unless Europe wants to have open borders for anyone to come in. Their choice then if that is the case.