Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    https://www.cia.gov/news-information...rism-faqs.html

As of yet his motives are unknown, so it is simply impossible to determine whether this was an act of terrorism. That is if we follow the definition used by the CIA. If you know a more authoritative definition, do enlighten us.
    It's definitely speculation at this point, but I would say it's leaning toward terrorism. If I was a betting man I definitely wouldn't bet against the latter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leftists love it when their freedom fighters attack Western civilization

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Proven wrong. I await my apology.

What a muslim terrorist enjoying fucking, booze and whatnot? GOSH I NEVER

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    And as far as we know so far, there none of those were a motive.
    So, he randomly found an arsenal yesterday in south France and decided to go Carmageddon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No no you're right. 1 billion plus people our out there to get you.

an appreciable majority thinks i should be killed.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, he randomly found an arsenal yesterday in south France and decided to go Carmageddon?
    Randomly? I never said any of this was random. It was obviously premeditated. Premeditation is not the golden standard if something is terrorism or not.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaa do you really believe these polls. Cmon man. Go to your local Mosque and ask their views if you're that paranoid.

An arsenal truck driver?
    Apparenly, he had one handgun and the rest were ''armes factices'', AKA fake weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Leftists love it when their freedom fighters attack Western civilization
    <
    Yes, saying that 'nuke all duh arabs'' is stupid is approving.

Deleted
    Hahaa do you really believe these polls. Cmon man. Go to your local Mosque and ask their views if you're that paranoid.
    Last time I went to a Mosque they washed the wheels of my wheelchair... Mosque carwash ftw

A likely scenario is that he hit "bottom" and then like a lot of people who hit bottom he became hyper religious. There's only one path to redemption in that religion.

This is what happened to that guy who shot up the Canadian Parliament.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Randomly? I never said any of this was random. It was obviously premeditated. Premeditation is not the golden standard if something is terrorism or not.
    Not when there is a recent past indicating otherwise.

Either way, it's still a problem created by France's own politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    As of yet his motives are unknown, so it is simply impossible to determine whether this was an act of terrorism. That is if we follow the definition used by the CIA. If you know a more authoritative definition, do enlighten us.

Or, you know, we could go on what the people actually investigating this thing is saying it is. Which, of course, is a terrorist attack. I really, really fail to see why the definition the CIA uses has any actual importance here, but fine, that works too. All that needs to be fulfilled, criteria-wise, is that he saw the people of Nice as the 'enemy', due to some reason that didn't involve him directly, as an individual. Ie, not personal. Which also, interestingly, is the only real reason for why he possibly could have seen them as the 'enemy' - and seeing the act he committed, he very obviously did view them in that light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A likely scenario is that he hit "bottom" and then like a lot of people who hit bottom he became hyper religious. There's only one path to redemption in that religion.

I knew bottoms were all fundamentals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Yup. Quite common. So they seek redemption by going overboard religion.
    That's why so many of those fighting in Syria from western countries are just utter failures, lowest of the low and a shit stain on society in general.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I wonder if the CIA is aware that you've been harboring terrorists in your own home. Perhaps you have been seduced by their radical teachings? I can't even imagine the cognitive dissonance that must produce, seeing you are a homo and all.
    Jeez... At least pretend not to be an utter ass about it for appearance sake...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Furthermore, the majority of that "arsenal" is reported to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Or, you know, we could go on what the people actually investigating this thing is saying it is. Which, of course, is a terrorist attack. I really, really fail to see why the definition the CIA uses has any actual importance here, but fine, that works too. All that needs to be fulfilled, criteria-wise, is that he saw the people of Nice as the 'enemy', due to some reason that didn't involve him directly, as an individual. Ie, not personal. Which also, interestingly, is the only real reason for why he possibly could have seen them as the 'enemy' - and seeing the act he committed, he very obviously did view them in that light.
    The people investigating the attack have made no statements about its nature. You can conjecture as much as you want, it is without any value.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Do you have links where they're saying it's terrorist attack, preferably from reputable sources, because everything I've read, says that they weren't ruling out the possibility but no evidence to support it so far.

Deleted
    Do you have links where they're saying it's terrorist attack, preferably from reputable sources, because everything I've read, says that they weren't ruling out the possibility but no evidence to support it so far.
    The French president called it a terrorist attack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I am glad that most posters in this thread never will amount to anything in life, let alone run a country.

What you see now is the result of destabilizing the ME which caused hate for the West to bloom. The families of the 110 000 civilians who died in Iraq are all grown up now. Isis is recruiting in full swing and fighting everywhere with members of many nationalities.

You really couldn't see this coming?
    According to some of the posts in here, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    It doesn't matter, they are assisted by refugees, they know about incoming attacks, say nothing about it, celebrate when it occurs, and hide the suspects when the country they are in is searching for them, go look it up
    And its true because you said it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    No, we didn't create them. Helping and arming an opposition force is different from creating a global jihadist organization. You think every opposition fighter joined Al'Qaeda? Get real. The rest of your comments on Iraq aren't worth replying to, you simply spout nonsense.
    Read up on what you're doing in Syria and who's getting the weapons