Perhaps they should turn execution sentence into a meteor: explodes on single target doing x dmg, spreads it to all enemies near target up to y dmg.

Having seen the variety of champions blizzard has made for heroes of the storm and overwatch, they need to recruit some of the designers on those teams to fix ret. I understand they are overall very different games, but there are enough rpg elements in both of them in which I think the challenge of making a limited but distinct class toolkit (the goal of legion for all classes) would be exactly what they could bring to the table.
    Last edited by Celebhil; 2016-07-13 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    Perhaps they should turn execution sentence into a meteor: explodes on single target doing x dmg, spreads it to all enemies near target up to y dmg.

Having seen the variety of champions blizzard has made for heroes of the storm and overwatch, they need to recruit some of the designers on those teams to fix ret. I understand they are overall very different games, but there are enough rpg elements in both of them in which I think the challenge of making a limited but distinct class toolkit (the goal of legion for all classes) would be exactly what they could bring to the table.
    Execution Sentence needs to reset the CD or refund the Holy Power if the target dies before it expires.

So, the Official Forums capped out again and I have the prestigious honor of being the last post on Page 100.

I read everyone's post about Retribution not getting a blue response and I hate to admit it, but we've gotten one already:

The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.

The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

Silenced players will be receiving a notification when attempting to send a message to a channel in which they have been restricted.

By using the in-game report tool to identify players who may be engaging in inappropriate interactions within the various channels, you’ll be helping create the type of community we all want to take part in.

I mean, I don't like it either, but them's the brakes. GG Dev Team.

I'm attempted to raise the cap on our Ret Paladin Beta Thread as well as remove the GCD on Shield of Vengeance and Eye for a Eye.

Could I get a thumbs up on my post to petition?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20746874733

Thank you

Well, PTR build has been flagged as release. Don't expect any major mechanics changes until at least a month or so after launch. Damage tuning may still be ongoing through hotfixes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post

I actually like the idea, for me biggest issue for ES is that it has 6 seconds till it hits, aka it can be dispelled in pvp and u can say bye bye to that dmg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    Execution Sentence needs to reset the CD or refund the Holy Power if the target dies before it expires.
    or if it dispelled, we need some type of anti dispel mechanic on it, similar to UA/Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I actually like the idea, for me biggest issue for ES is that it has 6 seconds till it hits, aka it can be dispelled in pvp and u can say bye bye to that dmg

- - - Updated - - -

or if it dispelled, we need some type of anti dispel mechanic on it, similar to UA/Shadow
    I remember back in the day it would just drop on dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciric-Wildhammer View Post
    I remb back in days when I could use MC eng-helm and MC ppl into Lava as they tried to get to MC for their raid run =) good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciric-Wildhammer View Post
    It was too OP to have an ability that functions properly. Please see Holy Wrath.

tested ret pally a few days ago on beta. feeling absurd ehrm clunky, strange static to me. is that just me ?

i dont talk about the rotation or mechanic. it just feels somewhat click, clack, click, clack. cant point on it. but it feels like on live the spells "faded" into another but now are hard cutted from each other. cant better describe it. and it feels somewhat strange slow.

its btw a similar thing with mage. while a shadow priest feels exactly like live, a mage also feels to me like that strange cutted clunky thing.

weird.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-14 at 03:24 AM.

I remb back in days when I could use MC eng-helm and MC ppl into Lava as they tried to get to MC for their raid run =) good old days.
    I once was flagged in the Org bank and some Rogue snuck in with MC helm on. Saurfang used to hang out there. He hit me with a 10,000 MS (crushing) back when my max HP was 5100.

I once was flagged in the Org bank and some Rogue snuck in with MC helm on. Saurfang used to hang out there. He hit me with a 10,000 MS (crushing) back when my max HP was 5100.
    lol =) i wish i could see ur facial expression. Thats what i miss the most about classic all the wpvp fun we had, even that most of us were total nubs back then but it was fun =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang cleaves can proc. You were lucky he didn't proc.

#TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

lol =) i wish i could see ur facial expression. Thats what i miss the most about classic all the wpvp fun we had, even that most of us were total nubs back then but it was fun =)
    Oh I was even more surprised when I heard I was on YouTube getting pwned for the whole server to see lol. I was one of the guys who eventually joined the high warlord grind so it got some attention.

Edit: Doesn't appear that the video is still up. Then again when they were posting videos back then, it could have just as easily have been on Google Video as YouTube.

Oh I was even more surprised when I heard I was on YouTube getting pwned for the whole server to see lol. I was one of the guys who eventually joined the high warlord grind so it got some attention.
    I remb those pre-mades for warlord grind... i only lasted for 5 days straight, then i couldnt do it any more lol, highest i got was rank 11 i believe (with rank 14 being HW, right? )

I wanted to let you all know that the Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs.

If you want to test out artifacts, you can easily edit them or add/remove relics in the simulator. Just click on any part of the artifact interface to change it - that easy. Here's a 1-minute video showing all of the character customizations in the simulator.

If you have questions, you can also hit us up in our discord chat channel.

Side note: @ruiizu If you can tell me what you think is wrong, let me know and we'll fix it. We've had a lot of paladins working with us on it and haven't found recent bugs. So if you found one, I definitely want to know. Now, if you're talking about the rotation, yeah, that definitely needs some love. If you didn't figure out how to easily customize it yet, I have a short video that might help kickstart that.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-07-14 at 07:13 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    I wanted to let you all know that the Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs[/URL].
    If I use my live Ret character, the calculator appears to be using the off-hand to find the average item level, so is showing a much lower item level than it is in reality. A two-hand using class doesn't have an off-hand item. Classes with off-hand work correctly.

useless with no optimized gear

So, I've finally got to test out ret on beta at 110 in heroic dungeons with a halfway decent Artifact and not totally shit gear. Only took me 14 trillion years to get another holy relic... Long story short, I'm slightly underwhelmed but it wasn't as bad as I feared. Crusade is most definitely the go to talent now. It's actually the only thing holding the spec together. Outside of Crusade, I can't beat good tanks single target. When Crusade is up though, it's a little bit insane.

My biggest issue with it is that I do more damage as prot. Sustained with no movement, I'm doing about 270k as prot, but only about 200k as ret. On the other hand though, I'm not running optimal single target talents for ret. I'm using Divine Hammer and Zeal. I feel like I'd get crushed on AoE without these though, and our AoE is already not spectacular, though we do have very strong burst AoE thanks to Wake of Ashes. My ret artifact is also a few ranks behind my prot one, 16 vs 21 and there's about a 10 ilvl difference on weapon as well. Later I'll run some dungeons with a more single target focused, but I'm not convinced that the small ilvl difference, the different talent selection and the .7 average ilvl difference is going to put me substantially ahead of prot single target. And prot is godly on AoE. Best I've done on AoE is like 700k with Crusade, but as prot I can hit 1 mil on AoE without even using Avenging Wrath if I get good RNG. That all might just be prot being overtuned though. I have done better than pretty much every dps I've played with, but that could just be my gear and/or other people being shit at the game.

Hard for me to say without seeing sims.

@Laurcus you mention having 16 ranks in Ashbringer. I assume you went for Ashes to Ashes first as is the only reasonable choice, which means you have at most one rank in Wrath of the Ashbringer. As you note, Crusade is insanely strong, so you're missing out on a pretty huge chunk of our burst potential there.

Looks like in 7.0 Ret is consigned to "good at burst, single target, and defensive support, but terrible at mobility and AoE". That's a reasonable niche to have (PvE at least, which is all I'm ever able to really speak to) as long as we're not TOO terrible in our weakness areas. It's all down to tuning; I expect major numbers hotfixes for all classes both between prepatch and launch and in the first month of Legion.