Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally all the time. Not sure what's causing it, but it happens a lot when I was at the beach. It's so frustrating
    This happens to me but only when I use a Razz Berry. Its very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally all the time. Not sure what's causing it, but it happens a lot when I was at the beach. It's so frustrating
    In my experience curve balls are caused by two things: 1) You use a Razz Berry to make the Pokemon "easier" to capture; 2) The Pokemon is a very high CP for your level.

The Razz Berries aren't as cool as they seem since it's not as easy to aim them even though the Pokemon is less likely to break out if you make contact. So you sacrifice accuracy for some breakout prevention where before you could have perfect accuracy with a greater chance of breaking out. Seems like I always end up using the same amount of Pokeballs anyway.

Was at an outdoor mall type area with lots of parks and what not. It was already a general hang out place, but now that it is littered with Pokestops there are tons of people there playing GO. In one area there might be like 30 some people playing it at once. I was there and a Hypno appeared nearby. Everybody starting shouting and exclaiming about the Hypno, and its like everyone was in a big crowd trying to find it and eventually we all found it and there was much celebration.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Was at an outdoor mall type area with lots of parks and what not. It was already a general hang out place, but now that it is littered with Pokestops there are tons of people there playing GO. In one area there might be like 30 some people playing it at once. I was there and a Hypno appeared nearby. Everybody starting shouting and exclaiming about the Hypno, and its like everyone was in a big crowd trying to find it and eventually we all found it and there was much celebration.
    I literally have like..12 Hypno's and still 150 Drowzee candy xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah all gyms here are packed with Hypno's. Hatched two eggs yesterday and got a Scyther and Beedrill! Yay!

There is an area around here that has quite a few Drowzees. I don't know what biome triggers their increased spawn rate. But I've only seen 2 hypnos.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I'm just 15 - not much time to play. Anway yes - leveling makes wild pokemon to have lotsa more CP, so no way i'm going to waste startdust on lowbies now

Cannot wait for trading so i can pass my gf some strarters and dratinis
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's good, maybe I can get the Tattoo Parlour a few doors down from me made into one. Maybe the Dentists too, or the Electricians on the other side

I think he means the Razz Berries cause your pokeballs to swerve so you have to aim the balls more, not aim the berries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They've apparently added a way to request new pokéstops now. You're only allowed to request businesses, not homes, but we'll see if I can't find a way around that and get one put outside of my apartment building. I'll definitely add one at the front office regardless.

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...form_id=319928
    Thanks! Just tried to place one basically on my apartment, we'll see if it has any effect, would love it if at least soem spawns were added semi near me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ball throwing mechanuc is fuck.

I keep getting curveball bonuses for ones that flew straight.

This doesn't apply to me because I have unlimited data anyway. But for the US T-Mobile users;

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...73528981884928

Free data for Pokemon Go on T-Mobile.

Did they mess with catch difficulty at all?

I'm nailing oranges today with 1 throw and that never happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, pokeballs are as useless to me as normal.

Guys, how legal is this?
    https://ctrl-alt-del.myshopify.com/collections/stickers

I mean, America is pretty big on copyright right?

I reported him to the legal department of Nintendo as well, just in case.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-07-15 at 03:50 PM.

Guys, how legal is this?

It's weird people do this and don't even think it's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    So i went back down to the soccer fields near me to recapture the gym and i saw someone coming down my street while i was heading home. Hope he doesn't try to capture it or else i have to go get eating by mosquitoes again.

Edit: A parasect just showed up at the gym so i'm pretty sure he is on team awesome.
    Why do you want to recapture it so badly? You can collect the rewards instantly after you start holding the gym. So unless you're trying to get more then one pokemon at a gym, you don't need to recapture it right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, how legal is this?

It's not. People just do it and don't realize that copyright laws are a thing that Nintendo enforces relentlessly. Just ask youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, Jolteons are the weakest of the eevee evolutions as they have very low natural CP compared to the other two. Flareon is pretty strong against all the grass types around, but a vapereon completely DESTROYS flareon, as flareon's attacks are weak against vaporeon and vaporeon is extremely strong against flareon.

Eevees are pretty damn common in my area. On the university campus them and pidgeys are everywhere. At the community college it's eevees and rattatas. There's a couple of really strong trainers around but mostly weak ones, although it's nice to see the community is extremely active.

Taking gyms is extremely easy as you get to use 6 pokemon, meanwhile defending, "training" a gym is slow and difficult. You only get to use one pokemon and if you don't even beat the weakest pokemon at the gym, the gym gains no points. Meanwhile if you do win, the points you gain are very small, in the hundreds. Meanwhile someone using 6 pokemon to assault a gym can whittle down the gym thousands of points with a single go. On the one hand it's nice that someone can't just easily own a gym forever, on the other hand it makes being a gym leader nigh pointless unless you have a supremely strong pokemon that nobody can beat ever... which isn't really feasible as your pokemon will be weak to SOMETHING.

SAVE YOUR STARDUST. I cannot stress this enough. Save it until after 20, unless you get one of the super strong pokemon from an egg, like a snorelax, or enough dratinis to evolve them into a dragonite.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa..._cp_tier_list/

There's a thread of how much each pokemon gains per training session. Those with higher CP per training session also just have a naturally higher CP cap, and are often found with naturally high CP. Don't waste your stardust on pidgeys and stuff.

Also, to level up quickly, save up a couple of hundred pidgey candies and 20 pidgeys, along with a bunch of other things you want to evolve (don't evolve when you can, save up). Save them up, pop a lucky egg, and you'll get 1k xp per evolution. I managed to boost myself from 18 to 20, two full levels, using this method, in just under 20 minutes. This also serves another purpose, as saving your candies for evolution rather than popping them right away means you might catch a stronger eevee, say one with 520 CP when your strongest before was 300. I evolved a 520 CP eevee into a 1.5k vapereon, no stardust required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why do you want to recapture it so badly? You can collect the rewards instantly after you start holding the gym. So unless you're trying to get more then one pokemon at a gym, you don't need to recapture it right away.
    You can have pokemon in up to 10 gyms, and you get 10 pokecoins as well as stardust based on how many gyms you have WHEN YOU COLLECT. So if you hold 7 gyms, collect, and then people come through and take them all, it doesn't matter. Recapture them, hope nobody comes along and takes them while you're doing other gyms, and collect as much as you can.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You can have pokemon in up to 10 gyms, and you get 10 pokecoins as well as stardust based on how many gyms you have WHEN YOU COLLECT. So if you hold 7 gyms, collect, and then people come through and take them all, it doesn't matter. Recapture them, hope nobody comes along and takes them while you're doing other gyms, and collect as much as you can.
    I know that part. I know im my area, that is really a difficult task to accomplish. Gyms change almost every minute.

I have a few thoughts after playing this for awhile. First of all, I don't see how this will fair in the future. I mean, even right now its exceedingly difficult to get at least one of everything. I only have one good area near me to look that also has pokestops. I just got a dratini for the first time today. I don't see how adding more pokemon in the future will work out. Only the ones playing for a long time would have all of them or a chance to get them all in a reasonable fashion.

Second, its really hard to track anything specifically. I have gotten some good pokemon using a tracking trick, but its also failed me as well. The tracking could really use some work.

Third, getting certain pokemon is hard. I get that some are supposed to be rare, but at the moment, it looks like Most are rare depending on your area. This is a flaw in the game to me. Even once trading gets put in place, if it does, that wont help unless its a gts style trading system. Face to face simply wont be any good. You have to first locate the other trainer by luck, and then hope they have what you want, and vice versa. Not even effective to those who travel. I have most of my areas pokemon, so even if I traveled and got some pokemon rare to my area, I wouldn't exactly want to trade them to anyone in my area since I have my areas pokemon. I would have to essentially go to a third, Different area to find potential trade partners.

Fourth, there is virtually No information from the creators. Everything we are learning at the moment is from fellow gamers. Heck, we can't even tell you if you really can recycle a pokeball or what XL/XS do to a pokemon, if anything. I really would like them to have some clarification.

Five. This is a big one. Legendary pokemon have no info at the moment. We don't know how they will come into play. I just pray that they don't kill their game as it gets started by doing a special event for a legendary, BUT only at 1 location for a limited time. That would virtually kill the game right there imo since people would see that they would have No chances to catch them all and that they will be left out of the special game events.

Just my thoughts on the game after playing for several days.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Fourth, there is virtually No information from the creators Everything we are learning at the moment is from fellow gamers. Heck, we can't even tell you if you really can recycle a pokeball or what XL/XS do to a pokemon, if anything. I really would like them to have some clarification.
    See, I like this part. It's even in the song, as someone I saw posted before.

"You teach me and I teach you...Pokemon!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What Jolteon loses in CP it makes up for in speed, as do a bunch of the Electrics. Attacking and dodging faster.