Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy Patch Preperation

How much is our rotation going to change come patch day? I'm reading on forum posts that our top stat will be either Haste or Mastery. Is it kind of a toss up at the moment pending talents?
    Last edited by Sflame; 2016-07-15 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Dunno, haste doesn't look that strong really. Maybe with some talents like dark arbiter.

Rotation will change significantly and more with certain artifact traits unlocked.

Deleted
    Which is why we get it in the pre patch to play around with - to learn the new way to fight , to practice - before we stand against the demons.
    Invasion being the warm up :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Which is why we get it in the pre patch to play around with - to learn the new way to fight , to practice - before we stand against the demons.
    Invasion being the warm up :P
    another reason why there is a PTR for everyone and its free! Practice practice PRACTICE
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Regarding stats, there is nothing concrete at the moment as numbers are changing - sometimes drastically - every patch on Beta. Plus, sims aren't fully accurate and/or finished so the solid math just isn't there yet. However, the general feeling is Mastery and Haste - as the bulk of our damage scales directly off of our Mastery. There's likely to be a Haste breakpoint that we should aim for but again, we won't know this until Sims are finalized and accurate.

Rotation-wise, the rotation is different to live but still has similarities in keeping diseases up. Rune management isn't really as big of a deal outside of certain situations where you may want to pool for Dark Arbiter. With all Runes being Death Runes, and the plethora of increased rune and RP gen talents in our Artifact, you're often swamped with resources.

Breath is gone, as is Necroblight. Instead, there's 1 single rule-of-thumb, priority order playstyle with talents to offer a little variation in how you follow this rotation. We have some extremely satisfying AoE tools, which is a nice change from just having diseases ticking away on lots of adds.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-07-15 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Instead, there's 1 single rule-of-thumb, priority order playstyle with talents to offer a little variation
    Could you please give me a link to this priority? None of the reources i usually use are updated for legion, and i simply cant find any guides for frost OR unholy come patch. Id love to practice on ptr, but have no idea about rotations, stats etc. I expect many will update on 19th, but would be nice to have some practice before that
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Could you please give me a link to this priority? None of the reources i usually use are updated for legion, and i simply cant find any guides for frost OR unholy come patch. Id love to practice on ptr, but have no idea about rotations, stats etc. I expect many will update on 19th, but would be nice to have some practice before that
    I don't know any off the top of my head so I'll write a very basic outline for you here.

• Pre-cast Army 5 secs before pull
    • Use Apocalypse when you have 8 stacks of Festering Wounds
    • Keep Virulent Plague up 100% of the time using Outbreak
    • Keep Festering Wounds above 4 stacks once you have Scourge of Worlds artifact trait
    • Pop wounds using Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows
    • Use Ebon Gargoyle/Dark Arbiter to line up with trinket procs/bloodlust
    • Use Dark Transformation on CD or delay slightly (no more than ~15secs) for AOE
    • Consume Runic Power using Death Coil

For AOE:

• Apply Outbreak when the group is stacked up
    • Use 3x Epidemic charges if taken
    • Place Death and Decay and begin to spam Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows, as it turns into AOE within DnD. You have to be standing within DnD in order for SS/CS to cleave - the adds don't necessarily have to.

There's some more depth to it outside of this, specifically with wounds and pooling RP when taking Dark Arbiter, but this is the general, basic outline. Note that in some builds this hasn't always been the case - at one point it was a DPS gain to completely ignore Festering Wounds. However, it is apparent that the list I've given is the way Blizzard intend the class to be played, and as of writing this (Beta Build 22231) list is correct.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-07-15 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know any off the top of my head so I'll write a very basic outline for you here.

• Keep Festering Wounds above 4 stacks once you have Scourge of Worlds artifact trait
    • Use Dark Transformation on CD or delay slightly (no more than ~15secs) for AOE

For AOE:

• Place Death and Decay and begin to spam Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows, as it turns into AOE within DnD. You have to be standing within DnD in order for SS/CS to cleave - the adds don't necessarily have to.

There's some more depth to it outside of this, specifically with wounds and pooling RP when taking Dark Arbiter, but this is the general, basic outline. Note that in some builds this hasn't always been the case - at one point it was a DPS gain to completely ignore Festering Wounds. However, it is apparent that the list I've given is the way Blizzard intend the class to be played, and as of writing this (Beta Build 22231) list is correct.
    Unholy toolkit is pretty incredible, compared to most classes (even Frost).

Good single target damage, incredible AoE potential with easy applications, cleave potential situationally, burst cooldowns for burn/priority targets, a ton of defensives to survive/skip raid mechanics, and two death grips.

If things stay as is, using as many as 3 DKs in 20man seems viable.

For AOE:

Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what was your source?
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what was your source?
    Myself on Beta, with some help from this google doc.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-07-15 at 11:54 PM.

Myself on Beta.
    +1 can confirm...loving beta Unholy, can't wait for the rest of the world to enjoy it starting with pre-patch.

How "gimped" is the rotation before artifact?

Essentially, how much different will the rotation be at 105+ once i have access to the artifact than it is at prepatch before the launch?
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    How "gimped" is the rotation before artifact?

Essentially, how much different will the rotation be at 105+ once i have access to the artifact than it is at prepatch before the launch?
    Not that gimped to be fair. You're missing out on some nice stuff in the tree, naturally, but it's not like the on-use is a game changer or anything. Your rotation is still the same with or without it.

Not that gimped to be fair. You're missing out on some nice stuff in the tree, naturally, but it's not like the on-use is a game changer or anything. Your rotation is still the same with or without it.
    Cheers.

I guess its time to fire up the PTR client and give it a whirl.
    We dream, we dream.

How important will Necrosis/SoW tracking be for rotation?
    And how do you best pool up for Apocalypse early in a fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koni View Post
    How important will Necrosis/SoW tracking be for rotation?
    And how do you best pool up for Apocalypse early in a fight?
    Currently level 90 is pretty up in the air, as we don't have sims. It fudges the rotation severely as an 'optimal' SS/CS requires 2GCDs and 35RP compared to the passive Scourge that we no longer actively hunter for, and is likely only viable with very high Mastery. There's often scenarios where it isn't optimal to aim for a Necrosis buffed SS/CS, i.e DnD AoE, Scourge procs.

This is further accentuated by DA's ST burst potential, where you don't want to be using so much RP to buff your SS/CS. Currently, Shadow Infusion is considered the better talent there, with Infected Claws being strong in combination with the legendary Wrists.

Assuming Necrosis was the best talent there (pray it isn't, because it's garbage to play with) then you'll want to constantly cycle DC > SS/CS everytime. The more non-buffed SS/CS you use, the more DPS you lose.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-07-15 at 05:28 PM.

Don't forget, you should always give credit where it's due. Especially since most of your information is from this link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...1b3N9lTs/edit#

Thanks Mag

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullbound View Post
    Don't forget, you should always give credit where it's due. Especially since most of your information is from this link.

Thanks Mag
    Is this up to date? It says Ebon Fever > All Will Serve, didn't know that was the case even for single target. I guess that's only when you got the Artefact Weapon and the trait that buffs VP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyr07 View Post
    Is this up to date? It says Ebon Fever > All Will Serve, didn't know that was the case even for single target. I guess that's only when you got the Artefact Weapon and the trait that buffs VP?
    Updated as of today I believe. Again as Mag has stated, it is NOT a guide. Just some FAQs/information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullbound View Post

Thanks Mag
    Sorry! Added in, wrote it hastily whilst getting ready to go out. Thanks for reminding me!