Poll: And the raspberry goes to?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dislike a few of them, honestly:

1. Priest.... because it just seems forced..... but given WoW lore on priests being something crazy like 9 different religions I guess they did the best they could

2. Paladin.... Giant ornate, well lit cathedral.... underground.... with a dilapidated shack of a church for an entrance.

3. Warrior.... I feel like this is something that can/would/should have been built up more as a Warrior culture/informal cult type thing, rather than just one day going "surprise! You're a viking, welcome to Valhalla!"

4. Rogue... The hidden base concept is growing on me, I'd still have preferred it be more aristocratic in theme than just sewer-ish.... These are supposed to be the high end thieves/assassins of the world, and basically a shadow government... I think they could do better than what looks like an abandoned meth lab run by homeless people. Also flashing my badge every single time is getting old fast....It's like, I know where the door is and being a master assassin I will murder you if you try to stop me from going through it, so go the hell away, door peasant. Also...I'm like on the board of directors.... learn my name/face already, and stop asking me for ID or I'll slap the stupid out of you.

5. Demon Hunter... So Illidan is dead, and I'm the supreme overlord or whatnot of this fortress, on a small chunk of a planet that I also now apparently own.

I want to go tour my planet.... I attempt to jump off and those damn fel bats keep grabbing me out of the air and hauling me back....Maybe the first time it was a good practical joke to play on the commander.... but after weeks of this, I feel like, as supreme leader of this group, I cannot abide by this kind of insubordination, and this fel bet trainer just does not seem to comprehend who he is messing with.... and now I need to make an example..... First I'm going to starve all of his stupid bats for a few days... Then I'm going to tie Mr. Felbat trainer to a post and make him watch as I feed his entire bloodline to said fel bats, one at a time... When I finally run out of family members, friends, pets, and acquaintances, I will xenocide the entire Fel Bat population via impalement, creating a forest/ monument of their rotting corpses. Finally, after all of that is done, I will take the Fel Bat trainer to the center of this new "forest" and flay him living, before finally breaking him on the wheel. I'd like to think that should be sufficient to get the message across to the rest of them.

EDIT: Also the next Demon Hunter NPC who looks at me (again, their supreme leader at this point), and says, "I've given everything, what have YOU given?" is also going to the "forest".
    Last edited by Drosul; 2016-07-15 at 01:21 PM.

Death Knights definitely got the short end of the stick here. It's like DKs are forever cursed with having Vanilla/WoTLK models and textures. I mean look at their undead pets, they're all super old models, god forbid they update an undead model, even the new Sludge Belcher talent (introduced in Legion) uses a god damn Vanilla model. Same shit with the class hall, barely an update, just a few extra items lying around, NPCs have been moved around a bit, wouldn't even call it an update, more like "Let's change some stuff around so it can be considered updated".

On the other hand, DKs got some of the best looking Artifact skins, and they got huge gameplay improvements for all three of their specs (imo), so there's that at least.

Deleted
    Soo, Netherlight and Light's Hope is bad, Sewers is awesome. Troll post is troll?

But on topic
    I like Acherus, but it is the same as it always was, so that's the worst for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    <My class hall> is the worst. I wish I had <other class who also says their class hall is the worst>'s class hall! It's much better than <my class>'s piece of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    I haven't tried them all yet but so far;
    Warrior - I get why people don't like it but I'm a fan personally. It looks stunning and the method of coming/going is cool.
    Priest - Can't decide whether I like it or not, I guess I'm rather indifferent. The priest giving the speed buff as you enter is a nice touch.
    Hunter - Utterly uninspiring. I'm not sure what I expected but it's just... meh.
    Shaman - Maelstrom is a very cool location. Would be nice to see a greater presence of the other elements though.

Deleted
    Acherus is fine as a reused structure. It now floating near the Broken Isles with a clear view of Dalaran, the Tomb of Sargeras, and that nightmare tree in the distance is pretty cool. But the interior feels prettu boring and empty. They just added some rugs and a frostwyrm circling the ceiling and that's it. It could really use some more cool stuff and additional npcs. The "plague wing" is even completely unchanged and empty to boot.

But even more then Acherus I'm pretty envious about warlocks getting updated pet models while we're keeping very ugly and dated vanilla and wotlk models. At the same time they made Skeletal Warhorse recolors for each of the 4 Horsemen, which will only show up incidentally, but ghouls and abominations have the same old ugly models.
    It would actually be cool if, like hunters, we could just tame undead enemies using control undead and use that skin as our ghoul. Think of all the variations of skeletons, ghouls, spirits, banshees, val'kyr, nerubians...

Felhammer. It's pretty terrible. Ugly, dark, cramped.

I am a rogue and at first i hated it. But i gotta say they won me over, now its the best hall by far lol. They made some good work on it, It reminds me of the thiefs guild being in the middle of a city in Oblivion. It used to suck ass, when it was incomplete for sure.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-15 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: I think the Priest one is fitting.

I really don't like the Vrykul-themed warrior one. I really like my main's class order hall (Monk).

Deleted
    Warrior one...

It's just a PART of a dungeon, filled with no name vrykul or bosses we've already defeated, we're not even leaders of our class hall and are the only one allowed...

It's soooooooooooooooooooo disconected from player races that it wants t make me cry... How the hell can you asociate big green Orc or Tauren wielding giant two handed axe with vrykul heaven ???

And that's not even the worst part... watch this:

IMO Black Rook Hold would be gadzilion times better for our class hall...

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Not sure why Acherus is getting so much hate. Where else would the DKs go?
    Because using Acherus feels like a copout. The problem is that Blizzard these days will do just about anything to skip having to put work into something, so it's pretty obvious they didn't think "Hm, Acherus is lore appropriate..." and more likely went "Sod it, let's just reuse Acherus. Saves us making a new one." If they'd have given the place a proper revamp with new textures (it's still using Vanilla Naxxramas textures) instead of just copy/pasting the ICC Runeforges and calling it a day then people would be a lot less cynical.

Monks are in a similar position, but they at least move somewhere else (even if it's another reused, identical location) and nobody plays Monks anyway and because the only people who've been there before are people levelling Pandaren so it doesn't feel nearly as samey as seven or so years of Acherus.

Warriors got screwed over the most I feel. It's a Titan Class Hall, not a Warrior Hall. COULD the Titan/Not-Vahalla theme have worked? Potentially, yes. In theory it's an interesting concept, the problem is that in practice their entire story revolves around the Titans, all of your Followers are Titan constructions, Vrykul, Iron Dwarves, not actual Azerothian Warriors in the same way that other classes unite their fellow NPCs of that class. It doesn't feel like a Warrior Hall, it feels like a Garrison for Titan servants.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-07-15 at 03:51 PM.

They're all good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Because using Acherus feels like a copout.
    The entire idea of class halls is based on Acherus.

The problem is that Blizzard these days will do just about anything to skip having to put work into something, so it's pretty obvious they didn't think "Hm, Acherus is lore appropriate..."
    Yeah that's why they made 12 new player cities, 36 different quests and 900+ weapon models because they are lazy.

Because using Acherus feels like a copout. The problem is that Blizzard these days will do just about anything to skip having to put work into something, so it's pretty obvious they didn't think "Hm, Acherus is lore appropriate..." and more likely went "Sod it, let's just reuse Acherus. Saves us making a new one." If they'd have given the place a proper revamp with new textures (it's still using Vanilla Naxxramas textures) instead of just copy/pasting the ICC Runeforges and calling it a day then people would be a lot less cynical.

Monks are in a similar position, but they at least move somewhere else (even if it's another reused, identical location) and nobody plays Monks anyway and because the only people who've been there before are people levelling Pandaren so it doesn't feel nearly as samey as seven or so years of Acherus.

Warriors got screwed over the most I feel. It's a Titan Class Hall, not a Warrior Hall. COULD the Titan/Not-Vahalla theme have worked? Potentially, yes. In theory it's an interesting concept, the problem is that in practice their entire story revolves around the Titans, all of your Followers are Titan constructions, Vrykul, Iron Dwarves, not actual Azerothian Warriors in the same way that other classes unite their fellow NPCs of that class. It doesn't feel like a Warrior Hall, it feels like a Garrison for Titan servants.
    Its kinda why i ended up loving the Rogue hall, you arent the boss per say and since its the rogue classes, everybody in the hall is there for their own gain. Hence they are all rogues lol. Also fruit vendor is down there, i knew there was more to it why this orc vendor hated her so much lol. It also has some of the more unique stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Warrior one...

It's just a PART of a dungeon, filled with no name vrykul or bosses we've already defeated, we're not even leaders of our class hall and are the only one allowed...

It's soooooooooooooooooooo disconected from player races that it wants t make me cry... How the hell can you asociate big green Orc or Tauren wielding giant two handed axe with vrykul heaven ???

.... I want to change my vote after that video...

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with the Warrior hall as well. Aside from the random Vrykul fantasy that makes no sense and the fact you basically become Odyn's champion and he is a massive dickbag, it's just visually bland. It is all nearly the exact same shade of gold and blends together. Plus there are no well-known NPC's representing the class like there is in every other order hall. Just nameless Vrykul and Val'kyr. Blizzard really missed the mark on this one... even the art department, and they are usually great.

Idk all the hate on Archerus. It's what we DKs call home, and if we had gotten something else with Legion I probably would've been pissed. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Death Knight for sure. It's the same ole shit we've had since the class was introduced years ago. And how do people NOT like the Warriors? That place looks incredible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Priest one tops the cake. The temple is a huge insult to us as players. Its uninspiring and makes no sense if youre a shadow priest. You purify a Naaru ...because...? and then Velen makes this huge ass speech about us purifying the corrupt by using the light. thats a middle finger to us shadow priests. then the room you give us is one huge alter full of candles and weird looking npcs and the light room is so dull. the naaru sits there. i mean, if you have beta and played a priest, you know what im talking about. i wish we had something else but doesnt matter anymore, i will not be maining a priest thankfully.
    You shouldn't be playing shadow as a priest. Priests are all about healing and holyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Warrior one...

IMO Black Rook Hold would be gadzilion times better for our class hall...
    Lol wtf is that? Sounds like Mac from It's Always Sunny trying to imitate the Swedish Plumber accent