Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wardrobe - Identify learned items in our bags?

Hey folks.

I'm very excited for the wardrobe implementation and I have loooots of savage crates and mails waiting with looooots of armor and weapons to learn it.

But in the PTR, I'm seeing that there is no notification in the item's tooltip that notified if you have learnt it or not yet. So I think that actually the only solution to this is equip all the items to ensure that I will unlock all the appearances.

Do you know if there is an addon to add an option on the tooltip, a small icon or something in each item?

Thank you!

As long as an item is in your inventory, and it is soulbound to you, and is equippable by your class, it'll be added to your library.

Not sure if it'll be like this on live; but beware that for me on Beta, it takes a while before the system has picked up all the items all your characters have earned. So I wouldn't go deleting things for the first hour yet, until it's completed your transmog library fully.

Yes, it's difficult to make sure something is added to the collection. Blizzard is making the wardrobe quite obtuse in several fronts.

There's an addon that puts a "Learned" and "Learned from other item" (among other notes) on items. It's called "Can I Mog It?" and you can find it on Curse. It currently has some small problems (there are some items that say "learned from other item" even if they're already bound to you), but it's coming along nicely even if it's still quite new.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    As long as an item is in your inventory, and it is soulbound to you, and is equippable by your class, it'll be added to your library.

Not sure if it'll be like this on live; but beware that for me on Beta, it takes a while before the system has picked up all the items all your characters have earned. So I wouldn't go deleting things for the first hour yet, until it's completed your transmog library fully.
    Thanks for the advise of waiting before start deleting items!

I know that sb items will be added, but I'm worried about all the BoE items that the savage crate reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Yes, it's difficult to make sure something is added to the collection. Blizzard is making the wardrobe quite obtuse in several fronts.

There's an addon that puts a "Learned" and "Learned from other item" (among other notes) on items. It's called "Can I Mog It?" and you can find it on Curse. It currently has some small problems (there are some items that say "learned from other item" even if they're already bound to you), but it's coming along nicely even if it's still quite new.
    Thank you! That's the kind of addon/information that I was looking for!

While the tooltip does not appear on soulbound items, it does on BoE's

As usual Blizzard's own creations when it comes to the UI are lackluster.

From what I could see on the PTR some weeks ago when I played on it was that you need to click on a certain cathegory when you want to search for an item. I don't understand this. I should just need to start writing the name. Sellecting what weapon or armor type it is shouldn't be needed... which brings me to the next built-in "feature" I expected to see in this: to be able to just shift-click the item in your bags and it'll search for it automatically just as you do with pretty much all AH addons which you need since the standard AH UI sucks big time.
    I can't be that hard to implement, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunc4 View Post
    Hey folks.

I'm very excited for the wardrobe implementation and I have loooots of savage crates and mails waiting with looooots of armor and weapons to learn it.

But in the PTR, I'm seeing that there is no notification in the item's tooltip that notified if you have learnt it or not yet. So I think that actually the only solution to this is equip all the items to ensure that I will unlock all the appearances.

Do you know if there is an addon to add an option on the tooltip, a small icon or something in each item?

Thank you!
    Hmmm, on the beta if you have an item in your inventory that you are eligible to xmog but havent acquired it yet, it says "You have not yet learned this items appearance" at the bottom of my tooltip. This seems to only be the case if the item is still BOE as you dont 'learn' it until it becomes soulbound, which all other items are so you learn them automatically.

As it shows in this image.. if it's in your Wardrobe, it will not have the blue text at bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Hmmm, on the beta if you have an item in your inventory that you are eligible to xmog but havent acquired it yet, it says "You have not yet learned this items appearance" at the bottom of my tooltip. This seems to only be the case if the item is still BOE as you dont 'learn' it until it becomes soulbound, which all other items are so you learn them automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

As it shows in this image.. if it's in your Wardrobe, it will not have the blue text at bottom.
    On the PTR I don't see that text on the BoE items from savage crate. Maybe a deleted feature?

On the PTR I don't see that text on the BoE items from savage crate. Maybe a deleted feature?
    They should look at that... but it's because an item must be soulbound before it can be added to the wardrobe.

That is to prevent people from just passing items around or buying them off AH and reselling them.

Still I can see how a person would liek to know if they already learned a BOE item transmog therefore not binding the new one and being able to sell it.

Many bound things went back to boe on the beta too. So you might have to go back and reequip some stuff. Also any gear with a timer on it has to have the timer run out before it is bound to you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if there's anything in 7.0, but right now there's an addon (I think it's just called Wardrobe) that will tell you if a character has the appearance. Even if it's not your current character.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

As much as I want to purge my bags or banks I am going to wait and make sure that the system is running smoothly first.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

This is not entirely true. The item has to be soulbound and something that you can use for transmog. For instance, a hunter can equip a cloth robe but b/c their armor type is mail, said robe won't be added to their wardrobe. So if you keep anything like that for RP/Town walking, be sure you don't delete it!

I wouldn't start deleting items on the day of pre-patch if I was you. There's bound to be some growing pains. I'm going to take the long route and check every item once and twice in the wardrobe to be sure it's been added before deleting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't know if there's anything in 7.0, but right now there's an addon (I think it's just called Wardrobe) that will tell you if a character has the appearance. Even if it's not your current character.
    Wardrobe is great, but it has some limitations. In particular, as far as I can tell it doesn't help you determine if the item you've collected is *more or less restrictive* than something you already have. For example, if I have a class-restricted (set) version of some shoulders on my Warrior, and find the unrestricted version of the shoulders on my Death Knight, then I would obviously be better off keeping the unrestricted version, as that item will unlock the transmog for any plate characters I have. But Wardrobe will only tell me that I've already collected the appearance. The same can be said of items that have a rep restriction, like the shoulders you acquire from reaching Exalted with Shado Pan Assault. You've *technically* acquired the items for all of your characters, but for practical purposes you've really only unlocked it for that character since it's so unlikely that you've grinder that much Shado Pan rep on multiple characters.

It's still a great addon and it does help you to determine what you xmog status is.

That said, with 7.0 likely being released within a week, it's probably too late for the addon to really be helpful for anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also noticed that, as of recently anyway, the transmog system isn't quite perfect. There were some items (Legion crafted items) that were not automatically added to my collection on equipping them. They fixed this bug eventually and caused them to be added on initial equip, but it still led to a situation where I had the items in my bags and soulbound but not still not in my transmog collection, even after putting the item on my character. I had to craft a new version of the item and equip it in order to unlock the xmog.

So hopefully all of those bugs are ironed out. I believe it may be possible to void storage and item and pull it back out to "manually" add an item to your collection, but I didn't try it with this particular item.

Other bad thing they did is that they hid the "other items using this appearance" list that showed up when hovering the mouse cursor over an unlocked appearance. It still shows when the appearance is not even unlocked, and no longer shows item sources and "collected/not collected" when you get one of them.

So now I can't easily (well, "easily") fill all the items on that list because it's hidden once you get at least ONE item. Yes, I know, you only need one item (most of the time), but it would be a fun mini-game to fully unlock something with all possible items (and might let you use a less restricted appearance for a lower level character, or what the hell, decide which name appears on the "transmogged to" line).

THAT would be more fun than just unlocking the things I can use, and would extend the time it takes to fully complete the collection process in a more engaging way than the dumb "only what you can use" illogical nonsense. Casually looking through sub-items and finding the ones still locked is way better than keeping track of several characters' loot lists for each dungeon, for sure.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    Wardrobe is great, but it has some limitations. In particular, as far as I can tell it doesn't help you determine if the item you've collected is *more or less restrictive* than something you already have. For example, if I have a class-restricted (set) version of some shoulders on my Warrior, and find the unrestricted version of the shoulders on my Death Knight, then I would obviously be better off keeping the unrestricted version, as that item will unlock the transmog for any plate characters I have. But Wardrobe will only tell me that I've already collected the appearance.
    You wouldn't need to keep either, because simply having both items means you've already unlocked both versions.

Thanks for the advise of waiting before start deleting items!

I know that sb items will be added, but I'm worried about all the BoE items that the savage crate reward.

Thank you! That's the kind of addon/information that I was looking for!
    Just make sure everything is Soulbound and you should be fine. But please note, it's not "equippable by your class" as much as it's "your class armour type." Plate classes will not unlock cloth transmog, even though they can equip it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Just make sure everything is Soulbound and you should be fine. But please note, it's not "equippable by your class" as much as it's "your class armour type." Plate classes will not unlock cloth transmog, even though they can equip it.
    Some items ARE "equippable by your class" only, fyi. Like tier set items based on Warrior class, not unlocked all across plate characters. Its a second layer of confusion, but thankfully its mostly limited to tier these days. May run across a few limiting vanilla items as well.