Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    the over 30 and over 60 comments as it pertains to legacy content is making this thread feel more and more like a geriatric and retiree friend finding community. the game has moved on evolve with it or quit its that simple lol
    *shakes a cane at you* Back in my day...

Not everyone in this thread is for this shitty Legacy idea. Some of us are long time players that understand what Vanilla was 12~ years ago and don't want to see it back.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't hurt Live, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be good for the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    If it doesn't hurt Live, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be good for the game as a whole.
    And it could hurt Live. Let us say Legacy happens and is a total flop. That could mean money is pulled away from WoW as a whole because the investment in Legacy didn't pan out.

On the flip side, what if Legacy does really well? Does that mean Live gets no future expansions and that is it for the game? There are a lot of potential scenarios out there but it just seems like a fairly large risk for little pay off.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it would be a flop because blizzard wouldn't go ahead with it otherwise and even if it were, the investment would not in any way affect live. Also I think if legacy turned out to be a success, I imagine it would just be left at that, in vanilla. But who knows, it probably won't even happen, but that doesn't mean its not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And it could hurt Live. Let us say Legacy happens and is a total flop. That could mean money is pulled away from WoW as a whole because the investment in Legacy didn't pan out.

On the flip side, what if Legacy does really well? Does that mean Live gets no future expansions and that is it for the game? There are a lot of potential scenarios out there but it just seems like a fairly large risk for little pay off.
    Why would either of those situations happen? Neither make any sense. Blizzard are not a bunch of bedroom coders they are part of a multi-billion dollar company.

I doubt it would be a flop because blizzard wouldn't go ahead with it otherwise
    Well for starters, Blizz isn't going with it.

- - - Updated - - -

the investment would not in any way affect live.
    You must work for Blizz because you KNOW how it would impact things right? Oh wait you mean you DON'T work for Blizz? Damn.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh is this their official stance? I might have missed the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why would either of those situations happen? Neither make any sense. Blizzard are not a bunch of bedroom coders they are part of a multi-billion dollar company.
    Where in my post did I say they are bedroom coders? And you do not see a scenario where Legacy releases, does well on initial sales or people trying it and people leave in a mass exodus or a month or two later? Because I see that scenario as the most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh is this their official stance? I might have missed the announcement.
    Blizz at no point has made a commitment to Legacy realms. They've said nice buzz word things about being interested in the idea and blah blah blah but no where have they said "We're doing this."

You must work for Blizz because you KNOW how it would impact things right? Oh wait you mean you DON'T work for Blizz? Damn.
    Hmm.....

.... I guess you must work for Blizzard then?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz at no point has made a commitment to Legacy realms. They've said nice buzz word things about being interested in the idea and blah blah blah but no where have they said "We're doing this."
    So why are you saying blizz are not going with it? You'll have to forgive me because its been a while that I've paid attention to legacy chat, but sounds to me like nothing has changed since the meeting between the Nostalrius guys at blizz HQ.

Where in my post did I say they are bedroom coders? And you do not see a scenario where Legacy releases, does well on initial sales or people trying it and people leave in a mass exodus or a month or two later? Because I see that scenario as the most likely.
    What? It is ridiculous to suggest that Blizzard do not have the resources or expertise to support multiple titles. If Legacy releases, does well on initial sales and then people leave then Blizzard will have made some money.

.... I guess you must work for Blizzard then?
    I don't have to be a Blizz employee to make that statement. Blizzard has not announced Legacy servers. Period.

Spin it if you want I don't fucking care. My statement is factually true.

- - - Updated - - -

So why are you saying blizz are not going with it? You'll have to forgive me because its been a while that I've paid attention to legacy chat, but sounds to me like nothing has changed since the meeting between the Nostalrius guys at blizz HQ.
    So if nothing has changed and the official statements about Legacy have been the Wall of No what do you think that means? It means it is not happening at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

What? It is ridiculous to suggest that Blizzard do not have the resources or expertise to support multiple titles. If Legacy releases, does well on initial sales and then people leave then Blizzard will have made some money.
    Do YOU work for Blizzard? You don't know what it would take for them to 'make money' on this project.

If Blizzard decides to do Legacy Servers, it will make them additional money and they can guarantee that it doesn't hurt Live World of Warcraft Sales.

World of Warcraft Sub: $15/month
    World of Warcraft Sub with access to Legacy Servers $18/month (or whatever price they want)

Just require a subscription to the live game in order to access Legacy Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by clone5240 View Post
    If Blizzard decides to do Legacy Servers, it will make them additional money and they can guarantee that it doesn't hurt Live World of Warcraft Sales.

World of Warcraft Sub: $15/month
    World of Warcraft Sub with access to Legacy Servers $18/month (or whatever price they want)

Just require a subscription to the live game in order to access Legacy Servers.
    Oh damn you better run to Blizzard and give them this information so they make it happen!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if nothing has changed and the official statements about Legacy have been the Wall of No what do you think that means? It means it is not happening at this time.
    "It's not happening at this time" and "Its not happening" are 2 completely different things, I guess you don't really know. Ofcourse they won't announce or even begin producing legacy servers "at this time", they have an expansion to ship out. Doesn't mean legacy won't ever happen though.

I don't have to be a Blizz employee to make that statement. Blizzard has not announced Legacy servers. Period.

Spin it if you want I don't fucking care. My statement is factually true.
    That is not what you claimed. You claimed that Blizzard were not going for it. I don't see how anyone outside of Blizzard would know this for sure.

The statement that they have not announced Legacy servers is factually correct, the statement that they are not going for it is not.

It is ironic that you do not like being held to the same standards that you constantly demand from anyone that disagrees with you in this thread.

"It's not happening at this time" and "Its not happening" are 2 completely different things, I guess you don't really know. Ofcourse they won't announce or even begin producing legacy servers "at this time", they have an expansion to ship out. Doesn't mean legacy won't ever happen though.
    I never said it wouldn't happen....I said it means "it is not happening at this time." Go do some legwork on your own, there are Blue responses to this issue, there have been the Q&A sessions that have Blizz talking about it and even the Nost meeting had an interview from Blizz's side and they talked about it more.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not what you claimed. You claimed that Blizzard were not going for it. I don't see how anyone outside of Blizzard would know this for sure.

The statement that they have not announced Legacy servers is factually correct, the statement that they are not going for it is not.

It is ironic that you do not like being held to the same standards that you constantly demand from anyone that disagrees with you in this thread.
    *eyeroll* Oh noes I said they are not going for it so it means it never is happening right? Get over yourself man. You just spoke a bit ago acting if you were from Blizzard yourself. I don't know how many years of Wall of No you need to see they aren't doing it at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting this again just to show you speaking as if you work for Blizzard because you know the accounting behind everything and how much it will take to have 'made some money'.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the fact that the next expansions work starts as soon as one is out, to whatever extent, says that it would never happen. By your own logic of course. Either way Legacy Servers would be a big waste of money for them there is a reason that the 5 million subscribers that have left wow dont all play on private servers

Do YOU work for Blizzard? You don't know what it would take for them to 'make money' on this project.
    Err? What? I was replying to your situation in which Legacy had done well with its initial sales. I assume that by "doing well" you meant that it had at least met its budgetary targets. I do not see how being a Blizzard employee would have any bearing on a fictional situation that you created.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Well considering the fact that the next expansions work starts as soon as one is out, to whatever extent, says that it would never happen. By your own logic of course. Either way Legacy Servers would be a big waste of money for them there is a reason that the 5 million subscribers that have left wow dont all play on private servers
    Pretty sure they are working on the next expansion after legion right now, atleast thats what blizzard would have us to believe. I won't get into the whole "legacy servers won't be financially viable" argument. Just saying that with an expansion so close to release, their main focus (rightly so) will be to finish polishing legion so they can get it out to us asap.