Thread: New hero - Ana

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The large triangle display around the crosshairs is for friendlies, the crosshairs itself is for enemies. Can definitely confirm if a friendly is touching that triangular space at all (even skimming the line), they will be healed. Enemies need to be firmly in the crosshair.
    Actually, the triangle isn't the crosshair. From just a small test, it seems to be a square (Around the outside of the triangle).

I think she can be really good - seems niche as in not going to excel in quick play.

I do think she needs more mobility. She has no movement abilities. I dont think she needs much but maybe the Hanzo treatment. Make it so she can scale walls (which isnt far feched given her story) then she will be fine.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Actually, the triangle isn't the crosshair. From just a small test, it seems to be a square (Around the outside of the triangle).
    http://i.imgur.com/m590BQ6l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JybTG0Tl.jpg
    Yeah, I figured the hit area probably wasn't exactly triangle shaped, but the triangle is supposed to be "reticle" for heals. It does seem to taper on the bottom though, if not the full width of the triangle. I tested it yesterday around the edges when I took that screenshot.

In any case, the point is that the healing area is a lot larger than the damage area, so folks don't have to worry about a healer with bad aim being too ineffective. Well, I guess it depend son how bad their aim is...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, I figured the hit area probably wasn't exactly triangle shaped, but the triangle is supposed to be "reticle" for heals. It does seem to taper on the bottom though, if not the full width of the triangle. I tested it yesterday around the edges when I took that screenshot.

In any case, the point is that the healing area is a lot larger than the damage area, so folks don't have to worry about a healer with bad aim being too ineffective. Well, I guess it depend son how bad their aim is...
    Another factor is ones reaction time. In Battleborn they have a really good support character who refills your shields and at level 4 can talent to add healing as well, puts a debuff on enemies that increases damage and marks them with a big fucking glowing arrow that says, "Shoot here!" and eats up shields of enemies with her blaster hand, but it isn't easy to hit a moving ally. I have good aim but I would see someone needs shields and target them, the big E pops up and I go to click and they strafe out of their own healing, then it is try repeatedly until you manage to nail them.

It isn't just aiming but the time it takes for your brain to register someone who needs a heal is targetted and missing due to brain/finger press lag.

In adition to her getting the movement of hanzo as far as scaling walls - i think she will NEED to have her bullets/projectile pierce through friendlies and hostiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post

So how does it work with multiple targets targeted in the crosshair? Does it prioritize the one closest to Ana? or closest to the smaller crosshair?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

its whoever it hits first gets it which is why i think the bullets need to be able to pierce

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this has to do with the hitbox changes or if there were other tweaks on the PTR, but my scoped heals on Ana are now only healing if the internal triangle is on the target, not the bigger triangle outline. Healing with the bigger triangle outline was absolutely possible when I tested a day or two ago; I even have video of the test, but I can't duplicate it now.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2016-07-15 at 09:35 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think these are my two biggest issues with her currently:

1. The purple coloring of the health bar caused by Biotic Grenade makes it too difficult to quickly see how much remaining HP you have. I've died quite a few times because I've had to spend extra time reading my HP.
    2. It takes too long to tell if your friendly shot actually connected with your target. The heal particle effect is too subtle in my opinion. I end up having to stare at my target until the heal over time completes (or wait and see if the shot didn't connect).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So how does it work with multiple targets targeted in the crosshair? Does it prioritize the one closest to Ana? or closest to the smaller crosshair?
    Closest person. Tried with the crosshair on the hostile robot with the friendly just inside the triangle or whatever, and it hit the friendly one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    I think these are my two biggest issues with her currently:

1. The purple coloring of the health bar caused by Biotic Grenade makes it too difficult to quickly see how much remaining HP you have. I've died quite a few times because I've had to spend extra time reading my HP.
    2. It takes too long to tell if your friendly shot actually connected with your target. The heal particle effect is too subtle in my opinion. I end up having to stare at my target until the heal over time completes (or wait and see if the shot didn't connect).
    While I do agree that these are bad, I think her not having any mobility outside of walking everywhere is a bigger issue

Kinda weird that they made her a sniper cause her kit doesn't suit a long range character.

Was watching PTR streams and a lot of people are using her as a mid range hero like Soldier 76 with great success. Because sitting at long range pretty much nullifies her Sleep Dart and Biotic Grenade.

You need to be within decent mid range to get the full use of the dart, like getting the jump on an ult-ing Zen, Reaper, McRee, Soldier, etc. If you're right at the back, by the time your projectile hits the target, the damage to your team will already be done. And that's assuming the ult-ing enemy is within LOS and they are standing still, which 9/10 times they won't be.

Same applies to the grenade. When used within mid range it acts like an PBAoE boosting/stopping heals in clutch situations. But when you're throwing it from your perch at the back, with it's arc, by the time it hits , most of your teammates/enemies will move out of the area of effect. Seems like only her Nano Boost is an effective long range skill.

Then again, most of the people are gonna play her like Hanzo/Widow anyway. Sitting right at the back "sniping" enemies even though she can be so much more effective running with, and often protecting the other support hero on the team.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-07-16 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Kinda weird that they made her a sniper cause her kit doesn't suit a long range character.
    Yeah.. this is kinda disappointing.

Tried to play her as sniper in Lijiang Tower, idea of hitting anything moving with sleep dart or biotic grenade from that distance, uh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah.. this is kinda disappointing.

Tried to play her as sniper in Lijiang Tower, idea of hitting anything moving with sleep dart or biotic grenade from that distance, uh.
    Here's the thing, she can either be played very defensively ala long range and focus on pure healing and using her CDs for when an enemy engages her or she can play offensively and be in the middle ground range like 76 or hanzo. Honestly you should be switching between both. If you don't like it you might as well play Zen or 76 if you are looking for being offensive with support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Here's the thing, she can either be played very defensively ala long range and focus on pure healing and using her CDs for when an enemy engages her or she can play offensively and be in the middle ground range like 76 or hanzo. Honestly you should be switching between both. If you don't like it you might as well play Zen or 76 if you are looking for being offensive with support
    Yeah, already doing it - usually hanging like 10-20 meters behind front line, so I can easily hit allies/enemies with grenade or CC enemy.

Also Zenyatta is currently my most played support.

I plan to try a full sniper healing approach. Trying to stay in the back and heal and see how that works out

10+ Year Old Account
    Find the primary fire a bit underwhelming while unscoped, feels slow and spammy being so used to automatics, but otherwise she seems quite cool. Is funny but slightly annoying though when you're trying to snipe an enemy and a friendly walks in the way :S

She'll definitely be getting a fair bit of play time with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That would mean you'd basically "ignore" your entire tool-kit.
    This is exactly the kind of approach people don't want to see in the game, you should use heroes to their fullest.
    It's like Hanzo trying to "snipe" from far in the back. These guys work better at mid to close-range.
    You're not ignoring your entire tool kit. In Anas case you are saving it. It is very unlikely that you will be ignored the entire game or not be close to something. Saving it and spamming it are different viable approaches. She doesn't have the range of WM for nothing

Seems interesting, would love to see how she will affect the meta!

Went to try playing her and of course we ended up having 4 Ana's on the team so we got destroyed lmao