Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New wave of beta invites

I don't know if anyone cares anymore, but I just got an invite to the Beta and I haven't signed up for any giveaways. Looks like another wave went out.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Yeah looks like quite a few went out today. Quite a few friends and my second account got invite today. Better late than never I guess.

No dice for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Woot. Another wave where I'm not selected... 13/13M Realm first. Welp. =/

But I know someone who just got Heroic Arch done by buying a run. She was in the first wave. And hasn't logged on once she said... Yep. It's totally a good system thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrnlaffair View Post

But I know someone who just got Heroic Arch done by buying a run. She was in the first wave. And hasn't logged on once she said... Yep. It's totally a good system thus far.
    Makes zero difference you are 13/13 realm first..beta invites are RANDOM. I have seen people get them without a single max level charcter. You are not entitled to a beta key based on your accomplishments. Stop thinking you are. They have to let various skill levels, progression levels test the game. Stop feeling like a special snowlflake. If you think you deserve a key over someone else, you are wrong, we are all customers, we all have an equal chance of getting a key.

Why are they giving away random invites to people who haven't even asked for one when people are entering contests to have a chance at one?

10+ Year Old Account
    got it last week, but i haven't been able to test anything for more than 10minutes at a time... the phasing is so messed up, it lags every time i move a few yards from where i logged in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Why are they giving away random invites to people who haven't even asked for one when people are entering contests to have a chance at one?
    that doesn't make sense. since only people who opt in beta invites get invited (Randomly). Doesn't have anything to do with contests held up on MMO or Wowhead

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    I got one today, and had entered quite a few contests...over multiple expansions. This is the first beta invite that I received, and I started 1 month into Vanilla. Outside of the initial selected invites, beta invites are categorically random (accounts are placed into categories based on play style, computer equipment, length of play, etc. based on previous expansion comments).

Damn it, I guess the more you want it the less odds you have of getting invited. Participated on most giveways and still nothing.

More ppl to help stress test and push the servers, instancing and phasing to it's limits.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Makes zero difference you are 13/13 realm first..beta invites are RANDOM. I have seen people get them without a single max level charcter. You are not entitled to a beta key based on your accomplishments. Stop thinking you are. They have to let various skill levels, progression levels test the game. Stop feeling like a special snowlflake. If you think you deserve a key over someone else, you are wrong, we are all customers, we all have an equal chance of getting a key.
    I thank god this kind of people still exist

There was just about one or two waves which were aimed at 13/13M raiders, no guarantees, we are far past the point where they specifically want 13/13M raiders.

Realm first means nothing if you missed the cut off for the 13/13 invites.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Blizzard need a variety of players.
    Your progress at an early stage could have guaranteed that.
    Not at this stage though.

I am sure they have had the variety by now, so it seems to be increasingly about quantity.
    I don't expect there is a lot more feedback they can receive that they haven't had already.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

A whole bunch of my friends just got in, i was honestly thinking they were just doing an open beta for this stress test but apparently not.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol.. My son got in after he got back from vacation.. Hopefully I will log in tonight and there be something for me but if not.. Np I can wait not in a rush at all

I got in today aswell, but im working tomorrow and going on a 1,5 week vacation on sunday.... Then prepatch is live when I get back.. but yay I guess?

Yep, my guildie just got in and told me now, UK at 1:09am, told me to check my launcher and i have Beta access now - checked my emails and junk folders, accoutn management etc, nothing, no word. bit strange but shit, i aint complaining.

finally can check out DH which i will be maining in legion woooot!
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Well I'll be damned, I'm in. Been active since the first week of vanilla and never got an invite until now. I was almost convinced beta tests were elaborate hoaxes to generate hype.