Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I was somewhat surprised myself. Just got my internet back up today after moving, saw this thread, and have been slowly making my way through it all. You were the first person to even suggest it.

wow, its crazy right.

euros are off their game today.

So is the army "more islamist" than the current regime? I don't have a clue about Turkish inner politics.
    The army is secularist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Turkish ppl are dying and you say its a good day?
    No one has died yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No one is dying...
    Give it about 10 minutes, latest news is basically shots fired.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No not really, he re-instigated it after HDP managed to get into parliament.
    So you know it better than I do?

Military shooting civilians

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...overnment.html

'We have taken control': Turkish military launch coup to depose Islamist government of Recep Erdogan as troops round up police, attack the capital, seize all airports and put tanks on the streets
    - Turkish troops have launched a military coup according to the government with helicopters firing on capital Ankara
    - Turkish PM Binali Yildirim told reporters: 'We will not allow this attempt' although the military said they are in control
    - Explosions and gunfire have been reported in several locations with fast attack jets patrolling over the skies
    - The Turkish military claimed they have taken power in order to protect the civil rights of the population
    - President Recep Erdogan has used 'FaceTime' to call on the population to take to the streets to oppose the coup
    https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians

Pro-Erdogan fanatics seize army tanks after Erdogan demanded them to FIGHT BACK. Fate of tank crew unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    lol

the EU is so screwed they should of built a wall
    No they should have nuked the ME, then they'd wouldn't have to build a wall.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is wondering what we will eat at thanksgiving now.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Give it about 10 minutes, latest news is basically shots fired.
    Shoots fired to police, not citizens.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say what this is about as I was only listening but Norwegian news channel just cut the live-feed because they had no intention of broadcasting genocide. Now reporting of gunfire towards a mass of people.

Deleted
    Retarded pro-Erdogan protestors being retarded, hoping to cross the bridge during a military coup...

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No not really, he re-instigated it after HDP managed to get into parliament.
    Maybe "dictated by Army" wasn't the right word he used. What he meant was that the aims of Erdogan and the Army happened to converge with one another. Had the army been in charge all this time they wouldn't have been re-instigated, because they would have never ceased to begin with. The Army has always been the most anti-Kurd element of the Turkish state.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Military shooting civilians
    Source?

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No one is dying...
    It is likely that some died, there was at least one attack helicopter who shot. Although maybe those were just warning shots.

Citizens retake Istanbul Airport off coup hands.... According to Greek Media..... Seems like Erdogan's call to the people is having an effect against the army

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Citizens retake Istanbul Airport off coup hands.... According to Greek Media..... Seems like Erdogan's call to the people is having an effect against the army
    No. Army withdrew from Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Well it seams that over there the military is the only factor of common sense ... Erdogan was known for having big sympathy towards an islamic Turkey ... so the guys in green said fu with your islam crap and geeet out
    Then they should have waited till the day of the next election is legally meant to happen. Tell Erdo "These elections need to be free and fair or else." then rise up if international observers say it isn't.

Kuntantee there were live shots on the Bridges in Istanbul with people cowering from gunfire which seemed to come from the military side.

BREAKING: #Erdogan Becomes First Muslim Refugee Denied By Germany.

Erdogan was denied landing rights in Istanbul and is seeking asylum in Germany. Irony.