Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's your point of view and maybe it will be ok in the U.S. You shouldn't be arrogant and tell other countries how to operate though.
    Too late now, me and a bunch of others have sent screenshots of your posts, where you talk bad about the USA, to the FBI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It has more to do with your inability to realize that your idea of "sensible restrictions" has no actual authority or additional truth value simply because it's yours and you therefore need to actually make a case, rather than simply proclaiming it to be so.
    Yeah it's very simple.

In a democracy you are supposed to be free to voice your opinion, even the unpopular ones.

If you get punished for it, you're not free.

It's mot inability to realize that my idea of sensible restriction is somehow flawed, the problem is your inability to understand that democracy can only exist when the people are free to speak their mind without repurcussions. Any infringement on that right is a dangerous path to take.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

nothing wrong here, they collected proofs and searched for the offenders. good job german police

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Moderators on this forum are within their right to ban me.
    Thus there is no freedom of speech.

Sigh.. Americans..
    There are laws and there are judges.
    It's not "SUBJECTIVE!1!1!!" at all.

Most of that with violent uprisings.
    This is a private forum. What's his face can run it however he wants.

The entire constitution is subjective.

And what the fuck isn't founded with violent uprisings? Our country was founded by a bloody revolution against a tyrannical government whom were taxing us without representation in parliament to make up for their debt to France.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah it's very simple.

In a democracy you are supposed to be free to voice your opinion, even the unpopular ones.

If you get punished for it, you're not free.
    Why is that hard for people to get?

So long as you are not advocating violence, or intentionally saying shit to disrupt business (screaming bomb) you can say whatever you want.

Free Speech's entire purpose is to protect unpopular opinions.

That is what people don't get. It isn't about protecting what everyone agrees on. If Joe Blow hates Jews and says that Jews are thieving bastards, then his speech is protected. Facebook can ban him all day, but he should not go to jail for it at all.

Just call him an anti semite asshole and be done with it. This mentality of getting cops involved cause feelings are hurt or you disagree with someone is fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Too late now, me and a bunch of others have sent screenshots of your posts, where you talk bad about the USA, to the FBI.

Ok? I haven't done anything wrong and I am a law abiding citizen. I'm not sure why you are trying to threaten me?
    How sad.

It's incredibly easy to crackdown on Nazis. Easy to identify, easy to prosecute.

Dealing with radical islam is a completely different beast, in no way comparable. Especially since they can hide behind freedom of speech AND religious freedom, making it extra difficult for the authorities.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but do you have a poster with scary words? Otherwise, why should I listen to what you have to say?

- - - Updated - - -

But if I say I think you're a murderer and I publicly voice it, you'll have grounds for a civil suit against me under the understanding that I have wronged you (if your allegations are true) all because I voiced my opinion.
    That's different. You're wrongfully accusing someone of a crime with no proof.

It's not an opinion, it's a lie.

I bet the people being so lenient and all "muh freedomz!" over this, would've given a huge "HURRAH!" if the case had involved radical Islamists recruiting and inciting over the web.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Then there is no freedom anywhere. Nothing and no one is totally free.
    Of course they're not arresting people for saying "I think immigration needs to slow down". They're cracking down on hate groups, like neo-nazis.
    Hah, I'd like to see what you guys have to say if the group was "islamist" instead of "xenophobic", you'd probably cheer.
    I know right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I bet the people being so lenient and all "muh freedomz!" over this, would've given a huge "HURRAH!" if the case had involved radical Islamists recruiting and inciting over the web.
    In that case it would be violent.

Big difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. I hope other countries follow suit and take serious action against hate speech.
    "Hate speech" is nothing more than a buzz word. Anything that doesn't incite violence should be covered by free speech.

Moderators on this forum are within their right to ban me.
    Thus there is no freedom of speech.
    I get that you're trying to be sarcastic here, but "freedom of speech" is limited to protection from government. This site is owned by a private company and they get to decide the rules. If Facebook decides to ban these "hate speech" spewers, that's on them. But the government should have no authority in this regard.

Sigh.. Americans..
    There are laws and there are judges.
    It's not "SUBJECTIVE!1!1!!" at all.
    When a word or phrase is used and the context doesn't strictly fit the definition/meaning, the context becomes subjective, regardless of any outside factors, including a "judge".

Most of that with violent uprisings.
    Whatever it takes. Government exists at the consent of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    This mentality of getting cops involved cause feelings are hurt or you disagree with someone is fucking stupid.
    This, so much. If you feel "hurt" or "offended" over words, you're part of the problem.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-07-15 at 10:40 PM.

When will the start making the xenophobes wear stars so they can pick them out of crowds?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Ok? I haven't done anything wrong and I am a law abiding citizen. I'm not sure why you are trying to threaten me?
    How sad.
    You were being xenophobic and spreading hate speech against American citizens. A SWAT team is on its way. Say hello to Bubba in prison.

Deleted
    But it's my opinion. Why am I not free to speak it with impunity?
    Because it's lying.

You're trying so hard to come up with every far-fetched exception to the rule that you simply fail to understand the gravity of something like this injustice.

Saying something considered 'xenophobic' (a term used for all sorts of people who disagree or say something negative about immigrants or to be precise immigration policies) is something completely different from accusing a specific person of being a murderer.

It's utterly incomparable.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-15 at 10:42 PM.

Fuck no. I challenge you to catch me contradicting myself on this.

Like I said, so long as you are not advocating violence or disrupting business then say whatever you want. If Mohamed wants to talk to Yasif about how he hates infidels, fine. I say deport his ass, but that is only cause he clearly hates where he is and wont assimilate. But send him to prison? No , not at all. Talking shit is not illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Hate speech" is nothing more than a buzz word. Anything that doesn't incite violence should be covered by free speech.
    I support a society where we get along peacefully. Hate speech works against that and as such if the Germans deem it necessary to take action, why wouldn't you support it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, they have the right to spread non-physically violent ideology. If they say the whole world should be Islamic, we simply counter with superior arguments as to why it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-15 at 10:42 PM.

I support a society where we get along peacefully. Hate speech works against that and as such if the Germans deem it necessary to take action, why wouldn't you support it?
    Riddle me this. Why would a disagreement cause someone to turn violent?

There is something deeply wrong with your society, if you need to arrest people with unpopular opinions because it will disrupt the peace.

Sounds like an extremely intolerant society

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    In that case it would be violent.

Big difference.
    BKA President Holger Münch said attacks on migrant shelters were the result of “radicalisation” on social media.

Dresden’s interior ministry announced that they searched the properties of eight suspects in Saxony. The five men and three women arrested belong to a right wing Facebook group called “Greater Germany.” The Saxony residents are accused of sedition and making unlawful internet posts, Bild reported.

Mr. Münch explained that “today’s action makes clear that police authorities of the federal and state governments act firmly against hate and incitement on the Internet.”

Again, if this had been about Islamists, having done the exact same things and being accused of the exact same things, you people would be over the moon.