Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why? Because Americans and the 2nd Amendment.
    We're just so used to Europeans making everything about us that it appears our friend has picked up some bad habits. Sooorry.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone deserves to be overthrown, it is Erdogan. He re-started the war with the Kurds in order to help his re-election. He let terrorists come and go through the Turkish border with Syria until he decided it was costing him too much internationally (and even then he allowed those terrorists on his good side to remain in Turkey), and he has been jailing anyone who disagrees with him for some time now. Democracy will be better served with him in jail.

This is also a from of democracy to protect an entire nation falling into dictatorship! Turkey is a great country and I really hope this goes well and Turkey can continue to stay a secular society! Take heed religious conservatives. This is what can happen when you want to turn a secular society to a theocracy.

Wish the people of Turkey a prompt recovery and better future!

At least 1 dead & 5 injured as pro-Erdogan fanatics & Turkish Army clash

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/s...83189140910080

(Video)

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    And that's fine. But the ability to overthrow the government by armed civilians alone is not an argument that has any weight behind it because it's not based in reality.

There are other reasons, better reasons, that can be given.

This is more from the point of view of what you need for a successful coup though anyway. Overthrowing governments without any military support is at best going to lead to a lengthy civil war. And that's if you've got a proper arms dealer to sell you hardware that's banned anyway.
    From what I gather, they want to fire at FEMA inspectors and postal workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It does, that's why in almost every civilized country you'll be imprisoned if you're found with one.
    The far left ladies and gentlemen.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WAR ZONE on Bosphorus bridge in #istanbul. At least 1 dead & 5 injured as pro-Erdogan fanatics & Turkish Army clash

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/s...83189140910080

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    It does, that's why in almost every civilized country you'll be imprisoned if you're found with one.
    Stop lying, in nearly every country you can get a permit. But looking at your posts, lying is what you do pretty much all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

The best part of this is Germany denying him asylum.

So explain to me where the harm is in the simple action of owning a gun? Nobody in the history of humanity has been harmed simply by the action of owning a gun.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    1) I'm really curious what will NATO do about this crisis.
    2) And I'm really damn worried that ISIS might take advantage of this.
    NATO has no obligation to intervene. Article V can only be invoked if it's an unprovoked foreign attack. NATO doesn't have to get involved if the attack is internal or if the attack was in retaliation to a previous attack/DoW from a NATO country.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The far left ladies and gentlemen.
    I suppose your location says it all this time.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    A military coup happening in Turkey? Lets talk about America!

We do love ourselves a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

My best friend is in Bodrum right now.. really hope this shit doesn't escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    There's a conspiracy theory that Erdogan himself is behind the coup because it would strengthen him or something.
    Yeah. It's just a conspiracy theory though, doubt it has any truth to it. Regardless, if this coup fails, and I am getting less convinced about the sustainability of the coup by latest reports, I am sure it will strengthen Erdogan and a surge is support for him might pave way for his Presidential Republic, and for him to move Turkey further into an authoritarian state. This would be very sad. At least now Turkey is considered "partly free", which is better than Russia under Putin for example which is considered "not free" (source: Freedom House). I have feared for a long time that Turkey will become like Russia, if this coup fails this will likely happen. So as contradictory as it may seem, I think democrats will probobly find that a transitional Military government will serve democracy better in the medium-term than if this coup fails and Erdogan is strengthened. Remember, democracy is more than just elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock off the gun rights discussion. Stay on topic of the coup.

What is worrying is that this is not just a coup attempt, but also seems to spiral down into violence between secularists and more strict believers.

Once again, it's true that the good old ''coup the elected leader and replace him with a general'' worked so well for the USA in the long run, isn'it ?

And as someone implied, coup can suceed or fail-if the coup fail...

(This is why, incidentally, Western countries are pretty obviously trying to ascertain who is in control and who is likely to remain in control-if they back the army and Erdogan win...)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-07-15 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    What is worrying is that this is not just a coup attempt, but also seems to spiral down into violence between secularists and more strict believers.
    And that's what I fear the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Stop lying, in nearly every country you can get a permit. But looking at your posts, lying is what you do pretty much all the time.
    It's you who's the notorious liar on this forum, your entire post history serves as evidence. Try some more of your bullshit and you'll have a lawsuit for slander on your hands.

Back to the subject at hand:

Do one of you forward thinkers want to compile all the links to valuable sites/links for current information?