Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Whut? I am fairly sure Germany would get stuck back on the naughty step for at least another half century if they did something like that.
    We are just too technologically advanced that we can use the "our troops got lost near the border and accidentally helped some separatists" excuse :/
    We'd probably have to declare proper war on a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    ...people who think this is somehow good...

You want a Syria thats closer to your backyards, because thats how you get a Syria thats closer to your backyards.

Most of this site is made up of people from NATO countries, you really think NATO isn't going to play some part in the situation if it ends up getting out of hand?

Waiting for Obama to say "fuck it" and leave the White House. Its like the world is getting more and more ridiculous every day.
    To recap from the past month or so:

Orlando Terror Attack
    Brexit
    Crazy UK Political Fallout from Brexit
    Taiwan Terror Attack
    2 allegedly unjustified police shootings of black men on the same day, both caught on camera and posted online
    5 police killed, 7 injured in attacks during Dallas protest
    Major Terror attack in Nice kills nearly a hundred.
    Coup d'etat in Turkey.

All in the space of about a month, and I may have missed some things. All of it against the backdrop of increasingly bonkers politics around the world. WTF is going on with the world this year? Did someone inject something into the atmosphere?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Oficially no, sure, but if the official goverment of Turkey asks other NATO countries (i.e. their allies) for help, then it becomes a major headache for NATO.
    If they refuse, it creates this impression that NATO as a whole isn't really willing to help its members.
    If they do, it means basically sending troops to Turkey to stabilize the situation, which I think might not sit well with a lot of regular NATO countries' people.
    US troops are already there at military bases (we have nukes in Turkey), this also isn't another country attacking a NATO country, this is a NATO country attacking itself, bit different...this also isn't Turkeys first coup

Most military/state department families were taken out of Turkey weeks ago, they saw this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    These guys should've taken notes from the July 20, 1944 plot/Operation Valkyrie, they were much closer to being successful than this epic fail.

Are you saying they should have sent Tom Cruise in to take care of business?

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    No condemnation yet from EU/US ? awe ? what are they waiting for ? the winner to take his side ? #Hypocrisy
    The situation is ongoing and the facts are unclear. What is there to comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    No condemnation yet from EU/US ? awe ? what are they waiting for ? the winner to take his side ? #Hypocrisy
    We have people in this thread supporting an undemocratic takeover by the military.

It's about fucking time!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Pretty clear that it is a military coup against a democratically elected president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The fact that it seems multiple ministers are free to tweet.
    Gotta love the modern world. A military coup just happened and i'm right in the middle of it, better tweet!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Would make a much more powerful image if Erdogan stayed and maybe even marched with the people in the streets, instead of fleeing. Why not take advantage of something like that if you want to fake a coup?
    Erdogan is a coward, he would never do what he expects of his followers.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-07-15 at 11:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Did someone inject something into the atmosphere?
    Chemtrails! It's happening!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Im trying to think....

I think it was well before man landed on the moon.

Hell it coulda been before Sputnik....

You know with the shit the US gets for bad decisions made like sixty years ago, sometimes I wonder what's the point of not acting that role today. Clearly not doing that for decades doesn't stop us from getting accused of it because some people delude themselves to living that reality. So why not just do it? Let's take the leash off the CIA and see what happens five years later.
    Venezuela and Brazil are what happens when the US doesn't meddle.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We have people in this thread supporting an undemocratic takeover by the military.
    Even the US constitution allows for its people to conduct a coup if they feel the government is suppressing their freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Pretty clear that it is a military coup against a democratically elected president.
    Is it a full on military coup or just some rogue faction?

As I said we don't have all the facts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It would all depend on the reason for the initial attack. NATO is first and foremost a defence treaty. NATO would most certainly not get involved if Germany decided to conquer a non-NATO country for shits and giggles, for example.
    That is obvious.
    However, it's logical to assume that if country A is allied with country B (and NATO is an alliance after all), then if country A suffers due to a coup or any internal unrest, it might ask its allies for help in stabilizing the situation. Even if the treaties themselves do not include any regulations regarding such situations.

And, in such case, it would look bad for country B to outright refuse to help their allies, since it makes it seem like the entire alliance is simply a group of countries who aren't really allies and just want their asses covered in case someone invades them.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Turkey has a democratically elected government member of NATO .... that is what to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It's my opinion, just a speculation. But knowing Turkish army, they didn't even attempt to make a coup. All coups in Turkey, including the ones in Ottoman Empire, started by assaulting to the buildings occupied by governmental officials, Sultan whatnot. They are taken down first, then necessary institutions are taken. This one? They just blocked the roads...
    From the reports i saw
    they've stated that attack helicopters have shot at the central intelligence agency building, the police HQ and the the Television station building.

and it's still Ongoing.

15+ Year Old Account
    17 cops dead at the attack on the special forces HQ in Ankara.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    To recap from the past month or so:

Orlando Terror Attack
    Brexit
    Crazy UK Political Fallout from Brexit
    Taiwan Terror Attack
    2 allegedly unjustified police shootings of black men on the same day, both caught on camera and posted online
    5 police killed, 7 injured in attacks during Dallas protest
    Major Terror attack in Nice kills nearly a hundred.
    Coup d'etat in Turkey.

All in the space of about a month, and I may have missed some things. All of it against the backdrop of increasingly bonkers politics around the world. WTF is going on with the world this year? Did someone inject something into the atmosphere?
    Sounds like a massive case of Testosterone poisoning, with a case of the deities thrown in to the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have you seen that monstrosity?

The only thing it's fit for is Immortal Eternal Emperor of Mankind. It makes the White House look like an Outhouse. The only thing it's missing is a 600 foot colossus of Erdogan.

Even Vladmir Fucking Putin would find it excessive. And he held a fucking Winter Olympics in his favorite tropical resort town!
    Yeah I have, and that's why I want to see it burn. It has like over 1k rooms or some such nonsense, hell even half of that would be ludicrous.
    Frankly I wonder how even his borderline retarded rural voters have not yet lynched him for that.