Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good change.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

How many games have I seen where someone wants to be the Genji and dumps game because someone picked it first... *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just so you know... You're not playing with bots. You can still try to ask them politely to switch. Most of the times they will.
    I feel you haven't met many people online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    That is no valid reason for the limit not to be implemented. Also no offense but your wife seems like a person that would be far better just playing quick play. Why go into competitive when you literally play 1 hero in a game that requires you to switch around often?
    If that is already the case then it shouldn't affect her much... spam lucio away in casual all you want but with this post in mind it seems to me like blizzard hit 2 birds with one stone and I m glad they did.
    "Maining" a hero to these extremes (98% of playtime) in competitive is absolutely cancerous to this game.
    Also if I m reading this correctly your wife would go as far as to pick a 2nd lucio in competitive anyway even if it did not fit the comp?
    I d buy Jeff Kaplan a fucking beer if I could.
    Your opinions on how others should play, are literally the problem. nothing wrong with playing what you enjoy and getting good at it. she has tried the others, and doesn't engage with them. for you to say it's 'cancerous' shows the level of stupid im dealing with.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinions on how others should play, are literally the problem. nothing wrong with playing what you enjoy and getting good at it. she has tried the others, and doesn't engage with them. for you to say it's 'cancerous' shows the level of stupid im dealing with.
    But it is cancerous IN COMPETITIVE. Play what you like in casual. Competitive is where you compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    If you are playing Comp play you should be playing to win as individual award is rather small in Comp play. Getting the victory is the point, so if your just looking to play on your favorite single hero all the time quick play is your spot. Comp play is about adapting to the map and the team. I recommend everyone have an Offense, Defensive, Tank and Support they can play and enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the Mercy change I missed that, and was there any Nerf to Lucio? I've been fearing him getting a health nerf as I play him a lot and he is really tough to kill, I slay tanks a lot with him.
    THIS. Although I do have 5 other friends I can play with for a full team, it always isn't the case as our schedules are very different. With that being said I get really tired of the individuals that play Torbjorn every round without trying to adapt to the maps, team comps, and enemy team comps. It's incredible how childish they get too when you ask "Hey two Torbs isn't effective here mind changing your role?" And the response is always negative or harsh. I suppose you see this all the time across multiple competitive team based games including mobas. /Sigh - Just stay in quickplay if you'd like to just play the game for "dickery."

Also, Mercy's damage boost was increased from 30%-50% which is nice! (Sorry if someone responded to you earlier, I haven't read the whole thread!)

The change to overtime is more important, now just fix fucking sudden death for the mouth breathers and games good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In fairness, there's not a lot of room for "compromise" as healers in competitive. You're Mercy or you're Lucio, and usually one of those is better than the other. So yeah, just "maining" one support isn't really an issue on the same level as "maining" DVa or something.
    I agree on that but what happens in the case where 2 people wanna play lucio? 2 lucios isnt optimal at all unless you re running the cancer comp with communication

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No one said not to play what you like - just not at the expense of other people's competitive score. Quick play is perfect for her, have at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    No one said not to play what you like - just not at the expense of other people's competitive score. Quick play is perfect for her, have at it
    While your point is made, something to consider is not everyone is great at all characters. Some people excel at certain ones. Lucio happens to be hers. If she likes competitive then she faces a problem.
    Unfortunately, this leaves her no option but to try and fast pick Lucio, or to ask her team if she can play him while conveying she won't be much help on any other hero.
    I played a match earlier where we lost because no one could play support or tank, and they all said they've tried and are terrible with them. We went 2 rounds of KotH without one, and even had I switched we still would have been without support. 3rd round we finally have someone to tank just to die over and over and contributed less that round than if they had stayed damage.
    Not everyone is good in all roles, here happens to be support where she plays well, and Lucio happens to be her best. This change sucks for her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    While your point is made, something to consider is not everyone is great at all characters. Some people excel at certain ones. Lucio happens to be hers. If she likes competitive then she faces a problem.
    Unfortunately, this leaves her no option but to try and fast pick Lucio, or to ask her team if she can play him while conveying she won't be much help on any other hero.
    I played a match earlier where we lost because no one could play support or tank, and they all said they've tried and are terrible with them. We went 2 rounds of KotH without one, and even had I switched we still would have been without support. 3rd round we finally have someone to tank just to die over and over and contributed less that round than if they had stayed damage.
    Not everyone is good in all roles, here happens to be support where she plays well, and Lucio happens to be her best. This change sucks for her.
    For every person this sucks for, it is amazing for a lot more. Competitive in this game was never meant to be tackled by playing a single hero. And I raise the point again. Were they not to release the hero limit, would she go as far as to double stack lucio if someone else picked him? Judging from what I ve read she would so that change also deals with people who refuse to compromise in ranked and that is a very good thing. And yes, outside of the cancer comp, double lucio is not good at all. You are missing out on a ton of damage.

EDIT: and no one said to be great at all characters but before joining ranked at least try to learn one of each role. You will find easy heroes on every role. Reinhardt is easy to play on a basic level. Even if you re just a walking shield and dont charge at all you re still usefull. Junkrat is easy on a basic level. Spam your grenades away and block areas of the map. Both lucio and mercy are easy so she can go mercy if lucio is picked since its a common combo and it works. Soldier is easy on a basic level! You re usefull even if you dont land the headshots. So is bastion and torbjorn.
    I think I listed plenty of easy alternatives she could go for on different roles should her fav be picked/not have a place in the team comp in competitive. In normal you can run 5 lucios for all I care.
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2016-07-14 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In fairness, there's not a lot of room for "compromise" as healers in competitive. You're Mercy or you're Lucio, and usually one of those is better than the other. So yeah, just "maining" one support isn't really an issue on the same level as "maining" DVa or something.
    When Ana comes in, there'll be her too. And there's absolutely no harm in going 2 healers. Really, this is going to be a self-fixing as more Heroes are added. I said earlier stacking is pretty niche situationally, and as Heroes come in there'll be more overlaps and synergies that create similar effects anyway; as taking 2 or more of anything is usually bad for most of the match - I think maybe taking two Pharahs or S76s are probably the only ones that work that way. It's a short term problem, and clutch stacking for niche situations isn't common enough for me to think it's that big a deal.

Short term, I'm happy with the restriction, in Competitive, but longer term it'll be basically pointless to enforce anyway. There's absolutely no reason to apply it to QM. I think people who 'want to play what they want' just need to get over that's what QM is for and stop pretending they're a solo-play hero and not to feel bad about playing in QM.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-14 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be in casual play too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When Ana comes in, there'll be her too. And there's absolutely no harm in going 2 healers. Really, this is going to be a self-fixing as more Heroes are added. I said earlier stacking is pretty niche situationally, and as Heroes come in there'll be more overlaps and synergies that create similar effects anyway; as taking 2 or more of anything is usually bad for most of the match - I think maybe taking two Pharahs or S76s are probably the only ones that work that way. It's a short term problem, and clutch stacking for niche situations isn't common enough for me to think it's that big a deal.

Short term, I'm happy with the restriction, in Competitive, but longer term it'll be basically pointless to enforce anyway. There's absolutely no reason to apply it to QM. I think people who 'want to play what they want' just need to get over that's what QM is for and stop pretending they're a solo-play hero and not to feel bad about playing in QM.
    Problem is that some people haven't figured out what QM is for because their brains are stuck in the mode that they took QM way too seriously before Comp games arrived and they still take it too seriously, like one guy tells the team they have never played X before and someone starts screaming that we are going to lose now, to which I said no one cares because this is QM where you are supposed to practice for Competetive. They had a few kind words about my mother, Jesus's penis and what I could do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liking this change, with the removal of sudden death and this now competitive should be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

It's dumb. It should be limited to 2 or not at all, and they should fix the real problem.... which they already started to address in this same patch.

Thank Christ. Was getting damn tired of constantly running into Reinheart+Mercy+Lucio+3 Soldier 76's >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    Source

I welcome this change, kind of. I dunno. What do you all think?
    It is a bad idea. And kinda brakes the idea what the game is.

The game is about making/adjusting your group to the map/enemy team etc. Sometimes taking a double or triple of something is needed to break certain points. For example.
    Kings row on attack: The first point can be defend very well. A easy solution to this is 3 winstons jumping over the wall ( where turrets etc are placed normally) and popping shield after shield while killing the other team.

Yes some builds are cheeky, but they always can be countered. The top build for example can be countered by a good roadhog, with help from lucio and bastion and/or mei. And sometimes it is needed to counter a good team to go double something to throw them off balance.

But the game is cheeky, that is the game. What they create now is cookie cutter builds. For the non WoW players: a build that is the standard build that everyone uses for that boss/map/dungeon/etc. Right now you see allot of zarya with ( reinhard or dva depending on map), lucio, mercy groups on payload maps.
    The game is made to adjust to those situations to counter it. But in competive mode you almost never see more then 2 or 3 of the same hero. Only the real High 65+ players use those.

Blizzard ( i think) talk about the tracer thing people use to cap the point to keep overtime going. This was 1 of the reasons. I think thats silly. Its tracers job to be annoying like that.

I would personally suggest a 3 to 4 player max. Then you can still do qwerky builds.

The game is about this being a popular Esport. So they are going to make some changes based off that. One of those is 1 hero limits. Makes it infinitely easier to balance. And is expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    IS this higher up? I am only like 47 atm and have never seen this. Granted I have not played a lot of ranked matches.
    Out of roughly 200 games, this is one comp I haven't seen yet. Not saying they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Excellent news! Now the games wont be plagued by 3 DVAs rushing to point or Tracers.
    Or 5 Winstons with a Lucio...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!