Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Coup has failed. It's 99% true.
    No one believes you if you don't post proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Ugh. So many different infos going around.
    I know. Best to wait until the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Do you have any reliable reports on that? They sound like a joke, not reality.
    http://www.eturbonews.com/72918/turk...request-denied

Atm it is unconfirmed, but as I said at this point everything is possible.

Coup has failed. It's 99% true.
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

If the Coup is going like the comments and leaks, it isn't doing well, lol.

If I was on the coup side, this would be me right now.

-"Why the fuck are people still in the streets?"
    -"Okay we got Facebook, but what about everything else people are using to communicate?"
    -"Is that a...is that a fucking reporter!? Arrest that man!"
    - "Where the fuck is third brigade? Wha? Where the fuck is that jet from? What do you mean the 82'nd is on the president's side?
    - "Where is the prez? On a flight? You let him leave? (Mumbles under breath) Oh my fucking god I can't even right now"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Good thing you guys suport the guy that sells weapons and oil to isis .

Meanwhile you guys say that fight isis :lol:

Sorry that my kindegarden isnt fuckin retarded as yours
    Democratic leaders pretty much can't publicly support the leaders of a coup against a democratically elected government because the whole point of democracy is that it is the enlightened way of choosing leaders. If Obama supports a coup in a foreign country he's effectively saying that they are sometimes okay, which means that a coup in the US could potentially be okay.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which part of "elected parties" you didn't understood?
    14% voted for him

Dude really dont even try

Is a fuckin dictator and he suport isis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No President of the United States would have said anything else. He couldn't keep silent and no chance in hell can a president of the US state support for a coup against a democratically elected leader. Every president past and present would have said the same thing even if they had R next to their name or a D.
    We have before. We can create any reality we want. All you have to do is spin a series of fables about the dictator in questions abuse and contempt of Democracy, corruption, that kind of thing.

Bullshit? Absolutely. But if we said it with say, the concurrence of Germany, the UK, France, maybe Russia, and Japan, it really wouldn't matter what the "truth" is. That's how the world works. Narratives matter more than facts. And the US has a huge ability to write a narrative.

Writing a narrative about Erdogan, considering all the wonderful things he's done, would have been simplicity himself.

But I guess Barack Obama's obsession with being a liked overwhelmed his instincts to make Erdogan pay a massive price for our support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    If I was the group that was being couped against I'm pretty sure I'd tell everyone else that it wasn't going well too.

Not even FOURTEEN PERCENT of the country voted for him. That doesn't exactly sound like he has much support.
    They had elections last year. You did see that right?

Friend of mine reports the coup jets hit The Grand Assembly Building.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Democratic leaders pretty much can't publicly support the leaders of a coup against a democratically elected government because the whole point of democracy is that it is the enlightened way of choosing leaders. If Obama supports a coup in a foreign country he's effectively saying that they are sometimes okay, which means that a coup in the US could potentially be okay.
    Good thing with false democratic elections

Too much misinformation here. I live in Turkey.

-No Erdogan didn't commit suicide. He is alive and well and on his way to Turkey

-This wasn't a "full on" coup. Only a small fraction of the Turkish Army

-They failed and it's officially over. Police and rest of the army trying to capture them but things start to calm down at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Why does the world tolerate coups?

Like, if a general rebelled and took the white house, why is that not grounds for war? I'd understand if the people revolted, that is different, but the military?
    Because nearly everyone in the west loves to hate Turkey & Erdogan and seeing either of them fail or struggle is reason for celebration for a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    How come most of the Turkish people seem to support Erdogan?
    Because he acts in the interest of most of the Turkish people?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This sounds even worse. If the army is split and a civil war breaks out... Well, this refugee crisis might just become five times worse.
    The army isn't split. Turkey has one of the largest military forces in the world. These guys only took over certain strategic positions in the two most important cities, and are failing to hold them against unarmed civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    They don't. The people out against the coup forces are pro-Islamist, Erdogan fanatics. They have the most to lose if the military succeeded in restoring Turkey to a secularist democracy.

It's beginning to be in doubt whether this was an actual coup or not, however.
    Half of the country is unified under the AK Party and support Erdogan. The other half is split up over various factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They hate freedom of speech.
    Or maybe it's the fact that Turkey is still developing and not a stagnated country where people can sit on their asses and live off of welfare so they have other priorities before worrying about the right to spew bullshit over social media unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    heck knows...

It is more obvious than ever now how close state and religion have become in turkey.. mosques calling for prayers to get people on the street.. absolute madness and irresponsible in this situation.

I completely suppoprt the reasons for the coup, secular turkey IS breaking down at record speeds which is completely against the law.

that being said.. a coup is a terrible measure,.. but when critical thinking and critics are being jailed it is impossible for elections to be truly democratic (controlling flow of information is the first thing a dictator does etc. )

we'll see how this goes..
    The mosques are run by Diyanet. Diyanet is state owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That would be the worst outcome, it will give him absolute power as a result. Wait for emergency laws taking effect.
    Why is it the worst outcome of the democratically elected ruler of a country, backed by 50% of the population stays in power? Hell, even when coups were getting rid of actual dictators like Khadaffi the outcome for the people in that country is almost always worse than before. People should stop looking at countries outside the west with their western points of view. What you grow up with and what you want in a country, is not what the entire world wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We have before. We can create any reality we want. All you have to do is spin a series of fables about the dictator in questions abuse and contempt of Democracy, corruption, that kind of thing.

Bullshit? Absolutely. But if we said it with say, the concurrence of Germany, the UK, France, maybe Russia, and Japan, it really wouldn't matter what the "truth" is. That's how the world works. Narratives matter more than facts. And the US has a huge ability to write a narrative.

Writing a narrative about Erdogan, considering all the wonderful things he's done, would have been simplicity himself.

But I guess Barack Obama's obsession with being a liked overwhelmed his instincts to make Erdogan pay a massive price for our support.
    I think it has more to do with the US determining that the coup will fail and trying to keep on good terms with the winner by showing them support.

I have to say it isn't looking too good for the coup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing with false democratic elections
    It doesn't matter if they're false or not, no democratic leader can publicly support a military coup. If you can't see why then you're either being stubborn or stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    14% voted for him

Dude really dont even try

Is a fuckin dictator and he suport isis.
    Once again, "elected parties". No democratic leader in the world would ever publically support a military coup on an allied nation.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Will the coup dissipaite or is this the prelude to a long standing unrest and errrrr I don't want to say civil war because it would be a bit dramatic but something close to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

As far as I heard, it might be the Air Force Command building too since they're close, but there's something going on there between helicopters and fighter jets.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkT View Post
    Too much misinformation here. I live in Turkey.

-No Erdogan didn't commit suicide. He is alive and well and on his way to Turkey

-This wasn't a "full on" coup. Only a small fraction of the Turkish Army

-They failed and it's officially over. Police and rest of the army trying to capture them but things start to calm down at the moment.
    Again, if I were there...

- "Why the fuck did I have to be assigned to this unit. You guys fucking suck and our leader is a moron. I quit. Fuck you guys"

lol