Restoration shaman-any changes at all? :(

I would like to ask someone, who heard some birds saying that resto shaman will change a bit. I really miss the sound of a thunder when you cast chain heal. I miss the old sound side of this spec. How does it look so far? I am not playing beta and honestly I don't have whole days to sit and read. Please give me any info if resto will be changed a bit, fun to play as before.

Search for: FinalBossTV - WoW LEGION Beta | Restoration Shaman [2nd Pass] (I can't post links yet)

I tend to watch his vids on 1.5x speed so it won't take the full hour, but this is the best way to absorb all of the changes and choices in the spec, talents and artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yapz View Post
    I would like to ask someone, who heard some birds saying that resto shaman will change a bit. I really miss the sound of a thunder when you cast chain heal. I miss the old sound side of this spec. How does it look so far? I am not playing beta and honestly I don't have whole days to sit and read. Please give me any info if resto will be changed a bit, fun to play as before.
    It hasn't changed much. Still fun to play.

Chain Heal jump range seems to be insane on Beta.

Spamming Riptide seems fun too.

Deleted
    You can fiddle with the data files to bring the old CH sound back.

Resto hasn't changed much, other than small adjustments. It's much easier to use your tidal wave stacks. No totem limit, so you can drop two healing streams and a tide all in a row, which is nice.

Biggest change is that with the removal of Spirit there should not be any point in the xpac we are able to just chain spam chain heal. Wellspring is nice for CBT cheese but if they change CBT to not absorb overhealing then that will die off. Not sure I would mind that but we'll just have to wait and see.

Lots of fun to be had, favorite healer I've had the pleasure of playing on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    You can fiddle with the data files to bring the old CH sound back.
    can you show how to do that or link some article please?

since they didnt change that fucked up mastery, they will suck (at least normal and hc) like the last expansions. cant understand why keep such a fucked up mastery, even after a overhaul of all classes...

and plz, dont start that shitty "less mana, ppl all have halffull lifebars the whole fight" blah blah. i hear that shit since 3 fukin xpacs, and the reality is 80% of the time ppl are topped.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-16 at 12:07 AM.

Resto shaman have always been one of the strongest, if not the strongest Progression focused healer due to their mastery....That coupled with their abundance of raid CDs makes them invaluable to any raiding guild. Not sure why you dislike their mastery so strongly. It means they fall off during farm but...who gives a fuck about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Lots of fun to be had, favorite healer I've had the pleasure of playing on the beta.
    just the quote ive been looking for, very much appreciated.
    i wasnt sure wether to play my disc priest this xpac or my resto shammy, but you have made up my mind.
    played both for quite a considerable time over the last 11 years, alliance 1st, blah, blah, blah & just looking for a class i can have fun with & you my friend, have given me the answer i have been looking for.
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yapz View Post
    You don't have to play beta to try out class changes, just the PTR which everyone can access. Although the patch will hit live servers wednesday, so it's just 3 days left anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i wasnt sure wether to play my disc priest this xpac or my resto shammy, but you have made up my mind.
    Disc priests has been completely reworked this time around, and now they are all about atonement. All their heals comes from dealing damage except one which is an "oh shit" button. I feel they are in a pretty love it or hate it state right now, and personally I hate it. But yeah, bottom line is, since they are completely reworked you might want to try them out before deciding, I'm sure that right now they are a lot of peoples favourites, and they really did a good job differentiating between the priest healing specs, they feel completely different now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Disc priests has been completely reworked this time around, and now they are all about atonement. All their heals comes from dealing damage except one which is an "oh shit" button.
    not for one moment wanting to de-rail a shaman thread, but didnt blizzard try this once before & everyone cried disc was op & nerfed the hell out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    not for one moment wanting to de-rail a shaman thread, but didnt blizzard try this once before & everyone cried disc was op & nerfed the hell out of them?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I havn't been keeping track of priests especially much through the years. In 7.0 however they are pretty much exclusively designed around maintaining a buff on allies that gives them 50% heal of all their damage dealt. Their ordinary healing is gone. It's a very, very specific heal class right now, so if you consider playing it you should know that. But yes, enough derailing, just wanted to put it out there.