10+ Year Old Account
    "Who does he look like?"
    "Michael"
    "No, I'm Patrick."
    *Picture comparing two obviously different people*
    "He's not far off. They both look a good bit alike."

It's comedy gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    First off. Dude was stunned. In today's climate I would say that is a mild outcome and not even worth bitching about. No one died, everyone goes home. At worse, someone will get their ass chewed.
    "
    Are you serious with this? Does a person have to actually get a gunshot wound before it's worth bitching about?

10+ Year Old Account
    "You got a warrant, dude," an officer says.

Doesn't sound very professional...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

There really should be criminal charges brought against police for making mistakes this egregious. Qualified immunity should not be that broad.

Deleted
    Your police are tyrannical, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Are you serious with this? Does a person have to actually get a gunshot wound before it's worth bitching about?
    Well, taken out of context I can see how it would sound. But you know how things get when you take them out of context and focus on one small facet of an overall argument don't you?

Getting tazed is annoying, but yeah, hardly worth bitching about. What is worth bitching about is how the cops assaulted you and basically fucked up a simple situation.

But people get tased more often than you think. I almost got tazed as part of training. It's like bitching about getting smacked. The assault part is bad, but the smack only hurts your pride.

Well, taken out of context I can see how it would sound. But you know how things get when you take them out of context and focus on one small facet of an overall argument don't you?

Getting tazed is annoying, but yeah, hardly worth bitching about. What is worth bitching about is how the cops assaulted you and basically fucked up a simple situation.

But people get tased more often than you think. I almost got tazed as part of training. It's like bitching about getting smacked. The assault part is bad, but the smack only hurts your pride.
    It really depends on the person. For some, tazing is excruciating. For others, its like an intense throbby-tingly sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It really depends on the person. For some, tazing is excruciating. For others, its like an intense throbby-tingly sensation.
    Yeah, but I thought that was implied in my original post. If it wasn't quoted out of context that is...

If you are hurt in a serious way by a tazer, or possibly killed, then yeah that is serious. But if you just pissed yourself real quick and are a bit dazed, then I don't see any real issue with the act itself. (The situation is different, but getting tazed is meh, on its own)

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost got tazed as part of training.
    So you didn't actually get tazed, but you're going to pontificate on the subject anyway.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So you didn't actually get tazed, but you're going to pontificate on the subject anyway.
    More taking out of context.

More focusing on irrelevant points.

I have nothing really to say to that. Who cares? You may as well be complaining about my spelling at this point. I mean, i was gassed as part of training. That shit sucks and can cause serious issues. Especially if you have a history of lung issues like I have. But I survived. So complaining about the act itself is just bitching at this point.

Mind you, I said act. Not the situation. If I had been gassed as a sort of assault then the situation is totally different.

But why am I even trying. You'll just take me out of context again and bitch about something besides the point. We are not even discussing my original post anymore. Just out of context excerpts that lead nowhere. Have at it. I won't respond again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This is what happens when you militarize the police and train them to be aggressive.
    Bingo.

I'm also against the hiring of military vets as civilian officers. We need to keep the thugs who were only let into the military because of the standard drop after 9/11 from going around and terrorizing US citizens on US soil. Secondly we need to cut the programs that recycle military material and distribute weapons of war to precincts in the US to be used against US citizens on US soil.

That would be a start to work from.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    video
    Quick! Put a comment in your post so you don't get infracted!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well, I mean, as long as they're only subjected to severe pain and publicly humiliated unnecessarily, I guess there's nothing to complain about. After all, you almost got tased once in a safe and controlled environment, so you know it's nothing to complain about.
    Yeah, past this already...

You disagree. Fine. I am also sure you will disagree that getting into a fight is nothing to cause a big stink about. A fender bender is nothing to cause a huge fuss about. Having a drink thrown in your face is nothing to cause a huge fuss about. Getting maced, pepper sprayed or forced to inhale CS gas is nothing to cause a huge stink about. And getting choked out is not that big of a deal either.

All things have happened to me, since I am not allowed to say anything that I have not experienced, despite the fact you would then resort to calling it just an anecdote...

Do I think people should be able to just do that to anyone all willy nilly? Of course not. But do I think that it is a huge ass deal worth dwelling over? Fuck no.

You do it seems. All good. I guess some of us just have more pressing issues to stress over rather than dwell on something where all participants walked away relatively unscathed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Quick! Put a comment in your post so you don't get infracted!
    I PM'd him. Hope he gets it. I got banned for the same shit a while ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Don't the police legally have to show you the warrant when you ask to see it?
    Search warrant yes, arrest warrant, I don't actually know.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good rule in principle, but consistent moderation practices leave something to be desired.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol he asked him for his name and this nigga is like

ummmmm patrick?

id have thought his ass was lying

Yeah, past this already...

You disagree. Fine. I am also sure you will disagree that getting into a fight is nothing to cause a big stink about. A fender bender is nothing to cause a huge fuss about. Having a drink thrown in your face is nothing to cause a huge fuss about. Getting maced, pepper sprayed or forced to inhale CS gas is nothing to cause a huge stink about. And getting choked out is not that big of a deal either.

All things have happened to me, since I am not allowed to say anything that I have not experienced, despite the fact you would then resort to calling it just an anecdote...

Do I think people should be able to just do that to anyone all willy nilly? Of course not. But do I think that it is a huge ass deal worth dwelling over? Fuck no.

You do it seems. All good. I guess some of us just have more pressing issues to stress over rather than dwell on something where all participants walked away relatively unscathed.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets put it this way. When the wrong person does it in the wrong situation (and they're not a cop), it's an up to 7 years in prison kind of thing to fuss about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lol he asked him for his name and this nigga is like

ummmmm patrick?

id have thought his ass was lying
    lol yeah, all he had to was get out of the car and talk to them and it would of been ok. Show them his ID, they run it and then they leave when they confirm hes not the one they were after.

As why he had to get out of the car, they went to arrest the person they were after and for all they knew he could of had a weapon in the car. Asking him to exit the vehicle is just safety for them. They gave him plenty of warning and told him multiple times to get out of the vehicle and he refused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest question: why didn't their bodycams mysteriously fall off and/or fail to work? I mean, we're accepting that as an excuse now, right?

This happened 5 months ago, why is it being brought up now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    This happened 5 months ago, why is it being brought up now?
    Probably because it's in court now.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters