Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The hype is not there because they fooled us with WoD and we're not coming back to get fooled again.

I've seen a ton of guildies coming back, but in my experience (and I've done the same with other expansions) people don't really come back in big numbers till the expansion actually hits.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    "GM told me so"?

GMs are support staff, they most likely don't know, and even if they did, it would covered by a NDA and they would be fired(and dragged to court) on first offense...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...y-19-7-15-2016

As I said. Yes, a GM told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    That literally proves nothing. Ive been saying its the 19th for a month or so. Why dont you provide the actual ticket and such since all of them are saved unless you did a live chat. Either way, you got lucky. 19th was an logical guess by everyone, but no matter what you say unless you provide actual proof, it was just a guess and nothing else. I highly doubt a GM told you anything, and if he or she did, he or she is probably getting fired, but I doubt any GM told you the pre patch date. Sorry.

Nothing about legion really does much for me. Its the same old, same old we've seen the for the last few expansions. More watering down of content and more gimmicks, so not hyped here. I doubt this expansion will bring many back, it may right at first but wont last. The core players that left, left for a reason and Legion is just another example of more of the same. It may be better than WoD, but its not what it needs to be for a major WoW comeback. Its almost a totally different game now, and Blizzard either doesn't give a rat's or still hasn't learned from past mistakes.

Deleted
    Same as Demithio above.
    Not feeling it yet and am convinced that Legion will ship less copies at launch than any other expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thread is speculation and there's no evidence to suggest whether it will flop or not. Time is the best answer.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Just gotta wait for launch day, but there was definitely more hype before wod launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Blizzard is reaping what they sow. While I can say that Legion looks more promising than WoD, I am not hyped about it at all. I went with the hype train before WoD came out and I regretted it. And I think many people feel the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Usually when pre-patch is about to hit the hype train starts and people start flooding back to WoW. We have less than a week till pre-patch and I don't see any signs of people returning in droves like usual. Makes me wonder how big Legion will actually be.

Did WoD really turn people off this much? This is first time I've ever seen pre-patch not be super hyped up.
    Personally this has been the first expansion I have no motivation to play and I thought I would never miss a future WoW expansion since this used to be my gaming highlight in the past.

The combination of WoD and WoW in general doing everything so wrong and FF14 doing everything so right has resulted in me not playing WoW this year at all and left me with only mild curiosity for the new expansion.

Deleted
    Hype - what does it mean anyway?
    How is it manifested?
    Im coming for the Legion. My whole guild also.
    What do you want us to do? Spam trade chat that we are coming and we are taking pills to calm us down in excitement?
    When you pass teenage times, you have less and less need to announce it to the world. You just play the game.

I returned this month, but I don't really see the need to create a big fuss about it.

...was I meant to spam the forums with "LOOK I'M BACK YOU CAN BE HYPED FOR THE PATCH NOW!"?
    Because that's not really how I roll, personally.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Emperically speaking im seeing more and more people.

Im not that hyped for Legion because Warlods of draenor killed my hype and trust for blizzard. I have to test it first, I dont wanna get my hopes up and get dissapointed.

Why are people coming back NOW? The pre-patch isnt even out yet lol
    Last edited by Loeve; 2016-07-16 at 07:33 AM.

I was playing FFXIV when WoD came out so I didn't fall for the hype, came back around December of last year and did Mythic HFC, etc. It was alright, but eh, it was missing something. Got into the beta and well....I'm actually logging in and doing my dailies (read : world quests) ...I have no idea what it is but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Getting gear from the world, money, resources, it's crazy. Not trying to sell it to anyone, just saying...from someone who didn't care much at all for WoD, this feels really good. With how artifact power works it's going to be a very long time before you're sitting around with nothing to do, if that even happens.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I quit for good. There will be memories! Nothing will bring me back, in my opinion its run of the mill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    This is also why artifacts are going to be a problem, because catch up is too slow. If you wait a month, you'll be a month behind everyone else on your artifact for the next 4 months or so. It's too harsh a penalty and is actually going to keep people who don't join on day 1 from playing.
    Artifact research times are far less than normal for those who haven't completed a research work order in a long time. There will be some degree of being behind, but starting a month late is nowhere near being a month behind. Plus there is a HUGE slowdown for later artifact traits, so you after little time you won't be but a few traits behind.

Info from the artifact Q&A and from playing alpha/beta.

I don't think they got back up to 10 million subs for WoD without the hype train chugging along full steam. I can't speak for anyone else, but I remember most of my guild being very excited going into the last expansion. TBC reborn! they said. I started in WoLK so I couldn't really relate to that, but I was happy to be getting new content after a year of SoO. WoD was the first expansion that actually disappointed me. Sure some were better than others, but not a complete failure for me like WoD. I had always found something that felt like it was worth doing before that. I unsubbed for the first time since I had played the game, then came back after 7 months, recently. I've been keeping up on the videos from people playing beta and there seems to be a lot of things coming in Legion. The problem for me are the red flags I keep seeing. The Garrison Class Order halls being tied to more and more character progress, after originally saying it wouldn't be like that. Seeing a supporter of no flying saying they probably wouldn't do the world quests for long without it. Artificially extended time sinks for daily quests doesn't appeal to me. I don't mind walking uphill in the snow. I have no desire to do it both ways though. The ability prune is very concerning. Simplified specs aren't fun or interesting to me. The rng on top of rng for gear, no thanks. While some amount of rng is understandable, I just don't think a Diablo style of loot system will be fun in WoW. So I'm going into Legion without pre-ordering for the first time since I've played the game. I would like some content other than WoD. But, I would have unsubbed again already if I hadn't purchased a bunch of tokens for game time. I'm just not sure I will even purchase it at this point. I want to be hyped and excited for Legion. I'm trying to be. I wish I were. I'm just not.

I came back two months ago and pretty much did everything this expansion has to offer. If you've been playing for the last two years like this well... I hope the gold is a consolation.

WoD burned a lot of people. Not so much through the levelling experience itself. But as soon as you hit max level it kind of petered out. Sure there was stuff to do. But the lack of variety, the content droughts, the cut content from patches even?

It will all depend on word of mouth after release and after 7.1. Theres not going to be any rush to return unless they are able to restore player confidence.

The sad thing is that even blizzard knows Legion is going to be a massive flop due to not bringing in the hype previous expansions have, when you look at legion as a whole it really doesn't offer much that is why they've been pushing all these dev interviews that are just the same thing over and over again trying to bait people into coming back.