Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    are people sure he's flying to ankara?
    the planes leading to istanbul atm.
    Yes he is about to land to Istanbul. Probably will be greeted as a conqueror.

Well played...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    my thoughts exactly, anyone who opposed this coup because of the nature of a military takeover and how it is "undemocratic" to remove Erdogan will be shocked by the amount of executions, disappearances (granted this is a failed attempt) thats going to be carried out by Erdogan's party and how such leader's are going to use mass paranoia and fear to give themselves more power.
    Demagoguery is a powerful tool, especially when they now have something to blame. He can just say "See, they're the bad guys!" and the sheep will follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It was over like an hour ago. They are just wrapping it up.
    I know, I was joke rehashing my joke from page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A military coup in Turkey! This is unprecedented.

...for July, usually they are earlier or later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I have a theory. The coup committee took the control of the Joint Staff building, and released a proclamation to take over. The rest of the army couldn't verify if it was a genuine order, or not so they just waited. Once it was understood it isn't in the command chain, they released public statements to take down the coup.

So if it was an order from the Joint Staff, this coup would conclude successful.
    This seems to be a realistic assessment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Tennisace canadian cuck and fail troll

This fuckin libtards really are cancer
    I often don't agree at all with what he says, but simply reading the above is even worse.
    You're behaving kind of obnoxious.

I'm from Ankara, Turkey. All I can say is things aren't well here. Army aircraft has bombed the parliament. Our president of the republic, Erdogan, had invited the people to the streets against army to end this revolution. Totally chaos. They are transforming our country to Syria. For what? For presidential government of Erdogan and his reign. That's all I can say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He is on record saying demoracy is only a means to an end or something to that effect.
    yep this, no critics no opponents no free flow of information and rampant opression..

secular democratic turkey is not secular nor democratic. it hasnt since the moment erdogan gave supreme powers to what is supposed to be a ceremonial function to the president. The previous prime minister said something he didnt like and was replaced within a week.. turkey is not democratic at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah right.

Ah well... Who do you think was behind this attempt? Any particular political current?
    After latest full-on combat near the Grand Assembly building, I now have my doubts about this being fake. I just listened the statement of a force commander, he was fucking furious.

I don't know, highly likely to be cemaat (fettullah gulen cult) if it's not staged. Kemalists? highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I am in Ankara currently and it is chaos here. I hear gunfires, explosions and I see a massive crowd yelling ad causing fear. Praying is what I can do atm.
    Do me a favour and take your head down instead of posting on forums. We're still here to hear your stories tomorrow when things have calmed down.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    THis shit coup the more i see the more it sounds fake and staged for someone collect what he really desires.

How the fuck the leaders of the coup were all in the hellicopter that was shoted down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Isn't Hillary a liar, criminal, constant fuckup and a symptom of everything wrong with the modern world?
    Not really. Politicians are liars, you can't really be a criminal unless you are convicted as one, a fuckup she isn't either since she managed to restore all diplomatic ties as SoC the ones that the Bush federation so intently destroyed or weakened. Compared to Trump who is just a classic example of a screwup.

Deleted
    Plot twist: feigned "coup fail" to get him to land!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He is on record saying demoracy is only a means to an end or something to that effect.
    Something to this effect: Democracy is like a train, you get off when you reach the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by ythemaster View Post
    I'm from Ankara, Turkey. All I can say is things aren't well here. Army aircraft has bombed the parliament. Our president of the republic, Erdogan, had invited the people to the streets against army to end this revolution. Totally chaos. They are transforming our country to Syria. For what? For presidential government of Erdogan and his reign. That's all I can say.
    Keep your head down, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    That's what I keep thinking. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    that would be great.
    as likely as surviving in space without space suit.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ythemaster View Post
    You didn't go out in the streets as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    THis shit coup the more i see the more it sounds fake and staged for someone collect what he really desires.

How the fuck the leaders of the coup were all in the hellicopter that was shoted down
    This is proper military strategy... put all leaders in one exposed vehicle. Sounds smart. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And then pilot error causes it to crash and burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Not really. Politicians are liars, you can't really be a criminal unless you are convicted as one, a fuckup she isn't either since she managed to restore all diplomatic ties as SoC the ones that the Bush federation so intently destroyed or weakened. Compared to Trump who is just a classic example of a screwup.
    you for real???

Some people are really blind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    After latest full-on combat near the Grand Assembly building, I now have my doubts about this being fake. I just listened the statement of a force commander, he was fucking furious.

I don't know, highly likely to be cemaat (fettullah gulen cult) if it's not staged. Kemalists? highly unlikely.
    I'm with you on that one, if it was Kemalists, they would have had the army behind them.