Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm just going to say whats been said a million times before.

1. Nice aesthetic

2. Story that could've involved Warriors as a class instead of special snowflake syndrome. Kinda the point of CLASS HALL.

3. Practically no prominent lore Warriors in your Class Hall, making the place a nice looking but generic any class could do this Stormpeaks style quest hub.

4. Blizzard will do nothing about this because the have a history of "knowing better" until everything goes to hell "D3 AH" or people quitting en-masse "WoD Flying"

5. I'll be here enjoying my popcorn after release as the larger Warrior class population trickles into Legion, plays their class, then another class. And then the forums explode. And I hope Blizzard cops it all, because basically, they just think they always know best, and I've watched this happen through 10 years of Betas, and Blizzard will do nothing, even if your argument makes perfect sense, until the numbers come in, and their spreadsheets tell them no one plays this, or people are leaving because of that. The don't listen to you, they don't value your input beyond free Q&A. Once their server stats come in, then maybe they might do something.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2016-07-15 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I'm just going to say whats been said a million times before.

1. Nice aesthetic

2. Story that could've involved Warriors as a class instead of special snowflake syndrome. Kinda the point of CLASS HALL.

3. Practically no prominent lore Warriors in your Class Hall, making the place a nice looking but generic any class could do this Stormpeaks style quest hub.

4. Blizzard will do nothing about this because the have a history of "knowing better" until everything goes to hell "D3 AH" or people quitting en-masse "WoD Flying"

5. I'll be here enjoying my popcorn after release as the larger Warrior class population trickles into Legion, plays their class, then another class. And then the forums explode. And I hope Blizzard cops it all, because basically, they just think they always know best, and I've watched this happen through 10 years of Betas, and Blizzard will do nothing, even if your argument makes perfect sense, until the numbers come in, and their spreadsheets tell them no one plays this, or people are leaving because of that. The don't listen to you, they don't value your input beyond free Q&A. Once their server stats come in, then maybe they might do something.
    I think you mean "Absolutely no prominent lore warriors in your class hall"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I think you mean "Absolutely no prominent lore warriors in your class hall"
    I think you mean "absolutely no preexisting Warriors whatsoever in the class hall".

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think you mean "absolutely no preexisting Warriors whatsoever in the class hall".
    I still find it hard to see the Heimdal and the watchers as warriors, largely due to their boss fights. And for Ymiron he uses spirits and souls more than he has anything warrior like.

I guess that leaves us with the iron dwarf, two generic vrykul, and the sweedish chef.

I still find it hard to see the Heimdal and the watchers as warriors, largely due to their boss fights. And for Ymiron he uses spirits and souls more than he has anything warrior like.

I guess that leaves us with the iron dwarf, two generic vrykul, and the sweedish chef.
    A little bit weird, but with the pathetic vrykul theme its the best option. Its going to the Titans direction, so i kinda like it.
    Last edited by Flacko; 2016-07-16 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samthewam View Post
    A little bit weird, but with the pathetic vrykul theme its the best option. Its going to the Titans direction, so i kinda like it.
    Except it doesn't seem to actually be going in a Titan direction. I think connecting warrior lore to Titans is something a lot of warriors would've been okay with. It might have still missed the mark in some ways, but if our new lore was that we were the champions of the Titans and chosen to hold back the Legion, then you'd see a lot more "Fuck yeah!" from warriors and less "Fuck what?!" It's not a Titan direction, it's Vrykul and Odyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Except it doesn't seem to actually be going in a Titan direction. I think connecting warrior lore to Titans is something a lot of warriors would've been okay with. It might have still missed the mark in some ways, but if our new lore was that we were the champions of the Titans and chosen to hold back the Legion, then you'd see a lot more "Fuck yeah!" from warriors and less "Fuck what?!" It's not a Titan direction, it's Vrykul and Odyn.
    Yeah I was dissapointed but still somewhat excited when it was implied to be going into the direction of titans. Then we got more info and it wasnt even doing that.

So all this will not have any sort of staying power. New expansions classes will be going in with very clear themes and direction. Warrior will lose the Vrykul bit and become directionless again.

Hey can some beta folks tell me how long the order hall questline is? Wondering how long it'll take to unlock that extra sexy artifact skin for arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Hey can some beta folks tell me how long the order hall questline is? Wondering how long it'll take to unlock that extra sexy artifact skin for arms.
    Roughly 8-10 days by my estimate.

The main time sinks are the requirement to do 3 multi-day missions which take ~2 days each and doing 200 world quests which also requires you to be L110 before starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Roughly 8-10 days by my estimate.

The main time sinks are the requirement to do 3 multi-day missions which take ~2 days each and doing 200 world quests which also requires you to be L110 before starting.
    Oh so not something ridiculous. Sweet I'm excited about getting the weapon skin and working towards the class set now.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Oh so not something ridiculous. Sweet I'm excited about getting the weapon skin and working towards the class set now.
    So you're the person who likes that weapon graphic. Glad we finally found you!

So long as we're on the subject, the "Unlock All Artifact Traits" achievement for the second skin of the second weapon appearance, does that mean absolutely all traits capped, or all of them minus the time sink trait with the 20 levels to it?

So you're the person who likes that weapon graphic. Glad we finally found you!
    I think the arms artifact looks as titanic as they come in this game and the "unleashed" skin fits perfectly as a titanic artifact that was used to take down an old god minion. While a lot of folks seem to like the pvp appearance I think it's just so blatantly unholy dk'ish im put off by it. The old god corruption just being part of abilities instead of appearance feeds into the whole hidden darkness aspect of it. All IMO of course I definitely understand the perspectives that don't like it and can't blame them when I see it through that lackluster appearance lense as well.

I think the arms artifact looks as titanic as they come in this game and the "unleashed" skin fits perfectly as a titanic artifact that was used to take down an old god minion. While a lot of folks seem to like the pvp appearance I think it's just so blatantly unholy dk'ish im put off by it. The old god corruption just being part of abilities instead of appearance feeds into the whole hidden darkness aspect of it. All IMO of course I definitely understand the perspectives that don't like it and can't blame them when I see it through that lackluster appearance lense as well.
    The pvp skin reminds me more of T2 than dks, but I do agree with you that unleashed skin looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    The pvp skin reminds me more of T2 than dks, but I do agree with you that unleashed skin looks great
    Yeah, the pvp skin is 100% an homage to classic warrior T2 (even named for it), which is why I (and probably a lot of other people) love it. Also helps that i play a Forsaken warrior so anything with a skull theme is gravy in my book - T3 on a Forsaken warrior is particularly fantastic. We had skulls and blades on our gear first... DKs stole that shit from us.

So long as we're on the subject, the "Unlock All Artifact Traits" achievement for the second skin of the second weapon appearance, does that mean absolutely all traits capped, or all of them minus the time sink trait with the 20 levels to it?
    It does not include the sink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    I can see it both ways; the skulls sell it as DK but the shape is reminiscent of Wrath for certain. The same goes for the Axe skin.

Yeah, the pvp skin is 100% an homage to classic warrior T2 (even named for it), which is why I (and probably a lot of other people) love it. Also helps that i play a Forsaken warrior so anything with a skull theme is gravy in my book - T3 on a Forsaken warrior is particularly fantastic. We had skulls and blades on our gear first... DKs stole that shit from us.
    Ironically, one of those prot skins is based on T1, yet, they did not have one of the colorations match the T1 recolor from tbc. Likewise, the arms wrath skin, which is based on T2, also does not have a coloration that matches the TBC recolor.

They sure have a competent art team.

Ironically, one of those prot skins is based on T1, yet, they did not have one of the colorations match the T1 recolor from tbc. Likewise, the arms wrath skin, which is based on T2, also does not have a coloration that matches the TBC recolor.

They sure have a competent art team.
    Just shows the lack of big-picture thinking or looking at gear sets in larger terms, not just in isolation.

Just shows the lack of big-picture thinking or looking at gear sets in larger terms, not just in isolation.
    Very true, its very hard to match many of the skins to, well, any gear in Legion. The art team is making no attempts to match anything with anything else.

Very true, its very hard to match many of the skins to, well, any gear in Legion. The art team is making no attempts to match anything with anything else.
    Well it's not like you'll be using the weapon the entire expansion or anything. Oh wait...