Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    to me every character in a FPS is a turret , you only see the guns .
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2016-07-15 at 08:31 PM.

It is really really really really easy to screw torb on like..

Genji
    McCree
    Pharah
    Widow
    Hanzo
    Lucio
    Mercy
    Zarya
    S76
    Zenyatta

If you can't handle torb you should reassess yourself.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-07-15 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Have a reinhardt tank the turret for about one and a half seconds while a pharah shoots said turret.

Congrats, you just nullified torbjorn.

Or if you don't want to play pharah, use a Mccree. Or 76. Or Junkrat. Or Widowmaker. Or hanzo. Or Genji. Or any hero without signifcant weapon damage dropoff.

And if you don't have a Reinhardt, have literally ANY TANK soak the damage. Winston can put down his shield. D.va can use her defense matrix. Zarya has her bubble. Roadhog can just sit there and tank it.

Stubbornly refusing to adapt to a situation can and should net you a loss.
    Or you can even do it by yourself with any of the characters you listed, just jiggle peek the corner and shoot as soon as you jiggle out. Repeat until turret is dead.

Deleted
    There is very, VERY limited number of places where you can place a turret in a way it can be effective - you can easily remember them all. Honestly to god, I have no idea how one can die to a turret if you KNOW where it is - and you always know, since again - number of viable spots is limited.

L2P...

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you must be a bad Torb then

the only real counter Torb has is Pharah

- - - Updated - - -

grats on killing unskilled Torb players and a stationary target
    you can't do that to my placements
    Torb turret counters are anyone that can strafe and shoot from cover quickly. Pharah is not the only counter. I've never seen a turret that can't be killed from any straight shooter, Junkrat anglers, or wall strafers.
    I am not saying you aren't a skilled Tor player, but I have yet to see him work on anything outside of QP, and hang my head when my team picks one.

you must be a bad Torb then

the only real counter Torb has is Pharah
    What lol... Junkrat can remove the turrent without even needing to be in LOS

I think TB's turrets are well done in OW tbh. Not OP not useless. Symmetra's turrets on the other hand I think are not as great. They should at least reveal enemies to the whole team when they are firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Genji is actually pretty nice against turrets
    Not against 6 of them hes not.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Know what else doesn't have a place in FPS?

Melee weapons. Healing staves.
    Those are all player controlled on single character entity, not AI controlled, player independent things.

Even if the player dies the turret stays... I have seen many "Player of match" highlights of dwarf running from spawn and turret getting multikill

Also for the "get good" crowd, I'm no star at this, last FPS i played at some level was UT2004 long ago so I'm not a noob either.
    the other thing almost all are refering is a basic level of Teamplay or tactic, things occuring in less than 50% of games I played.
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2016-07-16 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Well it's not a clone so :P
    Misusing the word "clone" as so many other memers do
    You're right. It's a blatant carbon copy. A true Blizzoriginal™. Happy now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Torb is OP people just dont know how to play him

he will get nerfed once people understand how overpowered he is

Phara is his only real counter and she sucks =P

lol more advice from people in wood division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    By that argument of being an FPS there is no room for melee, but we still have it.
    Though I understand the frustration of a non-player controlled part.
    What annoys people is that a non-player AI should not have so much dominance when used.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What annoys people is that a non-player AI should not have so much dominance when used.
    Is it dominance because people aren't countering it correctly.
    Or is it dominance because it is too good.
    I don't believe it is entirely because of the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    In a skill based action game like Overwatch though, "dominance" is a hard to define thing. You can dominate, or be dominated, with anything provided the circumstances are right. (Probably could dominate with Mercy pistol if skill gap was large enough).

Because of that, personal anecdotal evidence is extremely untrustworthy.

In addition to that, people are trying to quantify "is it unfair throughout Overwatch?" When the real question should be "is it unfair in 1. Quick Match 2. Competitive solo, low ranked and 3. Competitive pre made group and high ranked (even solo can apply there)?"

Because it may be unfair in 1 and 2 but absolutely is not in 3.

The big difference is there can be and are things that are unfair and not balanced at the top end, but Torb turret certainly isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    The dwarf turret has 100% accuracy, wallhack, too much HP, superior range, DPS and can be repaired...
    Im fine with simetra turrets as they are more like a point defence of small area, but the dwarfturret is simply a bit too much.

I would see the hero gone completely, but thats a bit too much to ask as he is having a bit of fanbase i think... so Wouldnt be better to nerf the accuracy and target aquire time a bit. If I play FPS I prefer to be murdered by real players, not AI controlled contraptions that has no place in this genre.
    Get. Better. At. Phara/Widowmaker/Hanzo.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the shit that pisses me off about Torb's turret: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...bjorn_turrets/

People should not be getting shot from across the map with no chance to even react. Sure, he can be countered, but there needs to be some fix to its lock on and accuracy.

Buff something else of Torb's to compensate, don't care. But turrets should not be doing that.
    Putin khuliyo

It's the range that bothers me the most. You'd think that widowmaker would be a good counter but nope, even at good distance the damn thing can outdamage you so sniping it doesn't work. The only real counter is Lucio that can take the damage and still be able to DPS it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Get. Better. At. Phara/Widowmaker/Hanzo.
    Or soldier. Or Junkrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's the range that bothers me the most. You'd think that widowmaker would be a good counter but nope, even at good distance the damn thing can outdamage you so sniping it doesn't work. The only real counter is Lucio that can take the damage and still be able to DPS it down.
    Simply put - you're doing it wrong. 3 WM shots, 3 Phara Rockets, 3 Hanzo arrows, Junkrat can lob/redirect his grenades to hit it without being in LoS. Get creative other than "hey lets run at this fucking thing and see what happens!" Torb/Symmetra/Bastion are meant to "soften up" the other team to make it easier for your damage dealers to take them out. Suppressive fire is another solid reason to have Torb/Bastion. Have the turret close off one lane while your flankers rock the secondary lanes.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-07-17 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Simply put - you're doing it wrong. 3 WM shots, 3 Phara Rockets, 3 Hanzo arrows, Junkrat can lob/redirect his grenades to hit it without being in LoS. Get creative other than "hey lets run at this fucking thing and see what happens!" Torb/Symmetra/Bastion are meant to "soften up" the other team to make it easier for your damage dealers to take them out. Suppressive fire is another solid reason to have Torb/Bastion. Have the turret close off one lane while your flankers rock the secondary lanes.
    Although if Torb is standing out of sight hammering his turret it's pretty impossible for one person to handle.