Poll: Well, why do ya?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I leave the filter on so it makes it easier to see who to report. Don't know how much good it does, but sometimes I'm bored.
    Well aren't you just bursting full of rainbows and sunshine! I'm sure you fart butterflies and are just real joy to be around. Now tell me, when you were growing up did you want to become a parking ticket agent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Language is man made, arbitrary and doesn't mean anything.
    I had an email correspondence with Noam Chomsky once when I was in college, I was seriously stoked that it was actually him replying to me and not his secretary or something. So needless to say this is not even logical enough, for me. People are so very susceptible to irrational beliefs due to the same evolutionary niches which also enabled us to formulate complex languages and be creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I leave the filter on so it makes it easier to see who to report. Don't know how much good it does, but sometimes I'm bored.
    This, and I like to know what people are actually saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Because it removes words that aren't offensive in my country.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty simple really: Blizzard has about the worst word parser I've ever seen deployed by a modern software enterprise. When the word 'grape' gets tossed out by the filter that's a problem.

That said, I don't log into public channels but very, very rarely and usually for some reason. But to answer the question, that's why.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    This, and I like to know what people are actually saying.
    Dude ur so kewl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    Internet winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I am not a special snowflake takes offense over stupid shit.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

To see inferior players trashtalk my poor just leveled up twinks that deal no damage of course, that way I can boost my ego with all my great achievements and shut them up!

Being serious now:
    Because I personally hate being censored. Doesn't matter if its myself or other people in that regards. I do understand people with children sometimes playing or people that do not want to see someone just talking bullshit.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Because peoples language doesn't bother me, hell I used to say some shit years ago that would get me in trouble in games so I just adapted and take pleasure in getting other people in trouble for doing it. As Blizz will tell you when you say "but blah blah blah filter" "The filter is not there to allow people to curse and mainly for the opps moments" .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Well aren't you just bursting full of rainbows and sunshine! I'm sure you fart butterflies and are just real joy to be around. Now tell me, when you were growing up did you want to become a parking ticket agent?
    Half of why I leave my filter on is because I know it detracts from an angry person trying to swear and cuss someone out. No matter how furiously they pound swear words out, all I'll ever see are a hilarious jumble of symbols.

I feel it frames people who get butthurt on the internet quite well. For all their anger and venom, all they're really doing is spouting nonsense.

I had an email correspondence with Noam Chomsky once when I was in college, I was seriously stoked that it was actually him replying to me and not his secretary or something. So needless to say this is not even logical enough, for me. People are so very susceptible to irrational beliefs due to the same evolutionary niches which also enabled us to formulate complex languages and be creative.
    That was a lot of words I'm not sure meant anything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not scared of words
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I've tried to tell my wife that - "It's OK honey, I'm farting butterflies and roses"...but she never believes me =/

7+ Year Old Account
    nĭ hăo,

It is turned off because I thrive on hate. The angrier they get, the stronger I will grow.

Sincerely,

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice, but since there are so many languages and something has a million different names, none of them mean anything because that thing just is, not whatever we want to call it. Shakespeare quote, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That's nice, but since there are so many languages and something has a million different names, none of them mean anything because that thing just is, not whatever we want to call it. Shakespeare quote, etc.
    Precisely why I mention Chomsky,I don't know if you're familiar with his work in language development theory, but essentially his theory today is that human beings essentially invent their own language as they grow up they don't simply absorb languages but the process of learning it is itself akin to actually creating that language yourself. In simple terms, there is at least a hypothetical scientific basis that how languages make us feel and develop is entirely a subjective experience, central to that development. Ergo everyone has a blank state capacity for language when they develop in the womb that is the same as everyone else (not including people born with developmental disorders) the implications of which are pretty damn important when considering studies such as those that show people who use profanity actually have better vocabularies and are much more clever.

You wanna have a really fucking smart kid? Do not silence that kid when he picks p on the f word. Or in other words any block you put on a person's speech development hinders their ability to understand complex ideas, literally limits their intelligence. Creates all sorts of obvious ethical problems.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-16 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I couldn't pick a right answer, as the poll isn't really made that well.

I have it off to avoid seeing the %/&¤)#/ shit.
    I WILL still report people if what they say is over the top. Sorry, but if there is a filter, it doesn't mean you can walk around being a dick. I don't mind crude words, as long as you don't use them against peoeple.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    because i dont cry myself to sleep cause somone said "fuck i deleated an item" ?

also i do it so i can tell what word somone uses, like if they are saying "this fucking boss!" or "this ******* boss!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because pretending a part of your language doesn't exist sounds like it has a lot of mental issues attached to it.

Because I'm not offended by cursing and I like to read what's actually said during a conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh oh oh I got a better one! Why doesn't Blizzard simply remove the option to turn off the mature language filter instead of wasting resources punishing players for chat violations?
    Because you can still say horrible ban worthy stuff without a swear?