Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But you can't stop criminals from getting guns, which is why every citizen needs to be armed.
    It perpetuates the problem, there are tons of societies that don't have guns, and don't suffer from tons of gun related issues.

Um, I mentioned all that stuff AFTER you accused me of bravado pvpguy.

I escalated nothing. Just telling someone that running away solves their issues really is third grade logic. I want even trying to insult you. That wasn't even a hyperbole. I thought about it and said "yeah, people in grade 1-3 generally think that simplistic. So I said it.

And my argument was refuting that people who own guns are all paranoid or live in a deadly area. Mix bringing up hobby shooting kills that argument. You already agreed. Therefore, your claim has been successfully refuted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    There are a lot of rural places in the US where you're waiting at least half an hour for cops in an emergency.
    Even in non rural areas, big cities like LA and NY, police response times can still sometimes be 10+min, that's more than enough time for a bad situation to come to it's conclusion.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yup, just confirmed. Post #67 has both of our posts in there. You quoted my first response to you.

I made no mention of my size or experience and you went off the rails. So I did not escalate. You did.

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing a thing. If you don't get the thing, just step on over to that sideline and watch it happen.
    That thing you're doing. I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That is not the only question you should ask. Even if guns don't cause more crime, they might cause more victims, since criminals get a more effective tool for their job. What happened recently in Orlando, for example - wouldn't be possible without guns.
    a truck just ran over 84 people in a matter of a minute or two. guns don't necessarily cause more victims. What happened in Nice, for example, wouldnt be possible without trucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Um, I mentioned all that stuff AFTER you accused me of bravado pvpguy.

I escalated nothing. Just telling someone that running away solves their issues really is third grade logic. I want even trying to insult you. That wasn't even a hyperbole. I thought about it and said "yeah, people in grade 1-3 generally think that simplistic. So I said it.

And my argument was refuting that people who own guns are all paranoid or live in a deadly area. Mix bringing up hobby shooting kills that argument. You already agreed. Therefore, your claim has been successfully refuted.
    Well, if that is really what you meant, then i am sorry that i had a fit of rage.

You seem like a cool dude, really, ain't got nothing against you - Just took the sentiment of 3rd grader logic to be a knowing shallow reflection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    a truck just ran over 84 people in a matter of a minute or two. guns don't necessarily cause more victims. What happened in Nice, for example, wouldnt be possible without trucks.
    It takes less to fire a gun than it does to commit vehicular slaughter.

Deleted
    Just so we're clear, the thing I am doing is not in fact the T-word.
    Is it the B-word?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And despite said "plummet", it remains several times higher than in every other developed nation.
    This would only be a relevant statement if something like 80% of gun murders in the US weren't directly caused by gang violence, mostlt associated with drugs. All of those gums are illefal weapons ownex by people for whom is is illegal to any firearms and they are alll, dun dun dunnnnnnn....criminals. "Wait, you mean to say criminals dont follow gun laws?!?!?"

Just so we're clear, the thing I am doing is not in fact the T-word.

Aaaaaaand I'm lost now. You are officially John Cena now.

Oh wait, I get it! I see you again! Your not (hehe) gotcha. I'm slow sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Well, if that is really what you meant, then i am sorry that i had a fit of rage.

You seem like a cool dude, really, ain't got nothing against you - Just took the sentiment of 3rd grader logic to be a knowing shallow reflection

- - - Updated - - -

It takes less to fire a gun than it does to commit vehicular slaughter.
    Nah, takes just as much pressure on a trigger as a foot on an accelerator. I don't know how many times it has to be drilled into people's thick skulls that the tools aren't the problem, it's the criminal. Until you accept this fact, you'll never be taken seriously.

since its the gun that is the reason for violence......there is reason to believe that firearms are in fact self aware!

more tests are needed.....we need to know if they move in herds

Deleted
    Nah, takes just as much pressure on a trigger as a foot on an accelerator. I don't know how many times it has to be drilled into people's thick skulls that the tools aren't the problem, it's the criminal. Until you accept this fact, you'll never be taken seriously.
    Then please, do explain to me, how come countries with fewer guns, have less gun problems?

Is it the B-word?
    Eh you're alright.

Too much emotions get tossed around on the net. Even if I totally disagree with you over something, I'd still be able to have a beer with you. I know if me and my best friend met online, we'd be at each others throats. She's a devout Christian and kinda feminist. I am not religious and think feminism is cancer. So there is that.

So you're cool in my book.

I quoted that and not the other cause I'm on my shitty ass iPhone 5s. Did I mention I am not a fan of iPhones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Eh you're alright.

Too much emotions get tossed around on the net. Even if I totally disagree with you over something, I'd still be able to have a beer with you. I know if me and my best friend met online, we'd be at each others throats. She's a devout Christian and kinda feminist. I am not religious and think feminism is cancer. So there is that.

So you're cool in my book.
    Hah, i have a friend who is like that too! I met her IRL as well, man, we were getting along like nothing, but man, when she started talking about the Patriarchy (like, for real).. I almost came to blows with her, hahaha

And yeah, kinda sucks when you are stuck on the phone :P It just ain't as good as the good ol' big screen ^^
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-07-16 at 06:16 AM.

Then please, do explain to me, how come countries with fewer guns, have less gun problems?
    They also have fewer people. Lets not forget, Texas' landmass covers a large portion of western Europe. And that's ONE state. We have 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    This would only be a relevant statement if something like 80% of gun murders in the US weren't directly caused by gang violence, mostlt associated with drugs. All of those gums are illefal weapons ownex by people for whom is is illegal to any firearms and they are alll, dun dun dunnnnnnn....criminals. "Wait, you mean to say criminals dont follow gun laws?!?!?"
    1. So? Is that percentage much different elsewhere?

2. And did they come out of S&W's illegal guns factory? No, they were either bought "legally" and given to criminals or stolen from people who couldn't be arsed to secure them properly.

Proper gun control laws and enforcement of same would pinch off both of those avenues, reducing the number of guns in the hands of criminals, as is demonstrated by Canada, etc.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

People ofren use other tools to fill the same role. As I said above most gun violence is minority gang violence. If you taoe that out we look very similar to other countries. But with the other gun violence, if it is readily available it will get used. Im sure spousal murder doesnt cease fo happen if there is no gun though, for example. They just use a different tool.

Deleted
    They also have fewer people. Lets not forget, Texas' landmass covers a large portion of western Europe. And that's ONE state. We have 50.
    You know, i am almost willing to make a statistical investigation to see comperativly how much Gun violence you guys have compared to the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    People ofren use other tools to fill the same role. As I said above most gun violence is minority gang violence. If you taoe that out we look very similar to other countries. But with the other gun violence, if it is readily available it will get used. Im sure spousal murder doesnt cease fo happen if there is no gun though, for example. They just use a different tool.
    Yeah, but it's just, more readily and easily more available to just pull a trigger and blam, someone is dead.

I mean, to actually cause someone to die, with other tools - Either require circumstance or actually getting nigh physical, i mean..

Then there's the whole, people dying by accident ; It just kinda indicates to me, that if you can accidentaly kill someone, just by slipping with your finger or something, just leaves it as a very readily way to kill people, compared to, idk, a knife or something?

Cause, yeah, you usually don't slip with a knife into someones guts, haha :P

You know, i am almost willing to make a statistical investigation to see comperativly how much Gun violence you guys have compared to the rest of the world.
    If you want to play semantics and specifically use guns as the only litmus test, of course US will have more gun violence. Investigate all violent crime. Knives, bats, swords, etc. FFS they are trying to ban two-pronged forks in the UK. wtf is wrong with them?????

Look up CDC website, FBI crime statistics, and make sure you account for WHERE the crimes are occurring. Cities? Rural areas? which cities? which parts of which cities? This subject has to be approached with specifics. You cant just toss generalizations out there.
    Last edited by Jinpachi; 2016-07-16 at 06:23 AM.

Deleted
    Saw thefirearmsblog as principal source and lolled. You gun toting hillbillies crack me up. Good stuff man 10/10

Infracted - Contribute to the thread when posting
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-16 at 08:13 PM.