Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Demon Hunter Professions: From a Lore perspective

I am wondering what professions would fit a demon hunter from a lore perspective?
    So we have Tailoring, Leather working, Blacksmith, Engineer, Enchanting, Alchemy, Inscription, and Jewel crafting.
    Right off the bat, I am taking out Tailoring and Blacksmithing because I don't think they fit.
    Also as a pet peeve, I am ruling out Enchanting because you can't enchant weapons any more and they only enchant rings and cloaks which lore-wise Demon hunters don't usually wear but Gameplay>Lore.

So that leaves us with Leather working, Engineer, Alchemy, Inscription, and jewel crafting.

Demon Hunters seem to only want to wear leather pants/skirts and some ab armor so I don't think Leatherworking fits.
    Demon Hunters also aren't known for being good with machines but knowing how to create a mini re-purposed fel reaver might be close.
    I would guess that Demon Hunters would need to know something about alchemy but to me it doesn't shout Demon Hunter.
    I would think that knowing about Gems and how to cut them for magical purposes could aid the Demon hunter against the Legion.
    Knowing the right inks and runes to use against bosses and crafting tomes to enhance yourself against the Legion seems the closest to me.

Yet what do you think ?

Skinning and Leather working personally, skin the hides of demons you've slaughtered and stitch it into light weight durable armour.

Although can make a good argument for Inscription and Jewel Crafting as well, making glyphs and trinkets, gems and such to augment your already potent magical abilities.

Deleted
    Why doesn't Blacksmithing make sense from a lore perspective? Where else do they get their warglaives, someone has to make them.

Now I know that for Legion that isn't relevant, but that's gameplay and not lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Why doesn't Blacksmithing make sense from a lore perspective? Where else do they get their warglaives, someone has to make them.

Now I know that for Legion that isn't relevant, but that's gameplay and not lore.
    traditionaly DH's claimed their true glaives from their first true demon hunt, training glaives where low level weak weapons used simply to train and not meant to last as true weapons.

Well,from a lore perspective,demon hunter were normal elves before being trained by illidan.They can remember a profession they did in their "previous" life.With that said i think i will go with alchemy and ench/eng/jc (not decided yet)

I tnink enchanting and alchemy suits really well for BE DH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    traditionaly DH's claimed their true glaives from their first true demon hunt, training glaives where low level weak weapons used simply to train and not meant to last as true weapons.
    Which is rather odd. I have never seen a demon (barring a demon hunter high on fel) wielding glaives so where do they come from?

Which is rather odd. I have never seen a demon (barring a demon hunter high on fel) wielding glaives so where do they come from?
    Meh its just the lore, could be that its just a class of demon we haven't personally seen that are hunted as a special ritual for Demon Hunter initiates, untill we get a 100% confirmation from blizz we'll never know

Deleted
    My DH is a sassy maleBELF housewife.

So cooking, tailoring and engineering (for when light-bulbs go).

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthlian View Post
    I tnink enchanting and alchemy suits really well for BE DH.
    Best gold making profs right thar

- - - Updated - - -

That said, my profs are gonna be BS and Enchant, I'm at 11 Alchemists atm
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    Skinning and Leather working personally, skin the hides of demons you've slaughtered and stitch it into light weight durable armour
    This, I kind of always "headcanoned" the idea of a demon hunter walking around wearing the skins of demons as a form of psychological warfare - to the average adventurer, it doesn't look all that meaningful, but to a demon, you might as well be going all Lisa Trevor on them.

Bonus points to have a sort of House Bolton thing going on with skinning said demons personally. A bit edgelord, sure, but that's at least in part the flavor of the game as it pertains to a "deal evil unto evil" class.

The Inscription and Enchanting quests both have some good Demon Hunter stuff in there. I don't know so much about the rest.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise herbalist/ alchemy or tailoring (if NE female) seems logical to me as the DH was just a night elf before, and male nelfs usually became druids/ hunters, so nature attuned, thus herbalism, while females were studying for priestesses of Elune, this tailoring somehow seems to go with that (in my head at least)
    I will learn herb/ alchemy on my male DH. The story in my head is that he enhances himself with all kinds of poisons potions just to gain an edge in his fight with the demons. Also my DH will be pretty zealous hunter of ...demons, so it makes sense that he is abusing drugs all the time.
    Last edited by Mitak; 2016-07-26 at 01:17 PM.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    I am wondering what professions would fit a demon hunter from a lore perspective?
    Also as a pet peeve, I am ruling out Enchanting because you can't enchant weapons any more and they only enchant rings and cloaks which lore-wise Demon hunters don't usually wear but Gameplay>Lore.
    Aren't the neck enchants essentially replacing what weapon enchants were in terms of power granted? I feel like enchanting fits Demon Hunters pretty well as far as imbuing something with power goes. Same for inscription.

I'm personally going engineering/enchanting.

Deleted
    Wasn't Illidan technically an enchanter?

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The Inscription and Enchanting quests both have some good Demon Hunter stuff in there. I don't know so much about the rest.
    Can you say more on what DH relevant stuff they have?

Of course they don't warglaives, they have different weapons. Illidan broke Azzinoth weapon and made Warglaives from it.

Im torn between enchanting + something else and skinning/lw. With LW can make some good starter gear but I want enchanting, the problem is Im then left with craft without support gathering profession or enchanting + gathering but then cant use the mats :/

I really wish blizz could let us have 2 crafting professions + 1 gathering :/

Skinning + LW makes the most sense for me lore wise, but those two professions I've always considered the most boring so I'm not that excited to pick them. From what I can tell, they have the least flavor in Legion too.
    Last edited by Daniri; 2016-07-26 at 03:34 PM.

I'm struggling with my profession choice as well. I want something lore appropriate, practical, and fun.

Inscription, with herbalism to support it seems practical to the Demon Hunter lore - Night Elves for certain have the nature connection for flower picking and DHs augment their fighting abilities to improve themselves in combat (Inscription). Does the new Inscription design suck?

Leather working and skinning also seems practical for a DH and Night Elf - it personally bugs me though that the DH can't acquire long gone recipes from the game.

Enchanting seems practical, but then it would mean a profession/gathering comb without it's counter-part.

Can anyone make a case for jewel crafting and mining?

Edit: Good thread!