Poll: Well, why do ya?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because words are words and that's that? I can never understand how words can hurt someone or make them uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in europe servers there are so many different languages in the chat that it sometimes censors words that are just slang or other language words. Also why it would be bad to see the chatters as they are? I rarely use any curse words but when I do, hopefully the damn twat who deserved those words has profanity off

I remember barely but back in wotlk Finnish word "haluaisisitko" (<- extra "si" due typoo, which is quite common typoo in the word because of how the word is pronounced) was listen as a bad word :P it means something like "would you like to".

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    Sucks when you can't afford college, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect 10 of these threads a day on here starting in in a few days. "Why's everyone so sensitive???!!" "Why do people keep reporting me??!! What's wrong with everyone except me!!??"

Heads up.

"God damn! That shit was fucking awesome as fuck!"
    "UR shit. You should fucking kys. Downs havin' cocksuckin' TRYHARD piece of shit."

One of those gets reported a lot. One gets reported occasionally. Things may change in the future with spiteful trolls about looking for report revenge. We'll see. My opinion on what gets reported has been the same for 20+ years of being online. The problem for most people isn't in the words. It's the context.

Because seeing #$@!@ on my screen when people type in chat annoys me.

I will report people who are way over the top. But other then that I really just don't care what is said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm Australian, we're born and raised without a mature language filter so why would we need one in game.

I'm an adult, those are words adults use.

"Kill the #### first!"
    "The what?"

TBH if you're still getting offended by swearing in 2016... man up!

Deleted
    Because I don't fucking care

10+ Year Old Account
    I leave it off for when I'm talking with friends or saying stuff like "shit" in guild or our raids. I still report people who use it openly it public channels or degradingly though because why not.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because words don't bother me and the Filter is overzealous and times and will block out parts of/full words that aren't actually bad.

Though I believe anyone that reports anyone else for "Language" should have Mature Filter locked to the "on" position on their account as part of the report.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I'm Australian, we're born and raised without a mature language filter so why would we need one in game.
    Yeah nah mate fucking aye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't mind cursing. If someone throws a fucking curse word every other fucking sentence, I don't fucking care.

It's the people who use censored words to berate someone that piss me off. I think name-calling is the most childish nonsense ever, and the bullshit that people fling at each other makes me want to kick a puppy. I don't care about cursing when it's just cursing, it's when someone does it with the intent of hurting someone else that I can't stand. I will report someone for using it in a degrading meaning. I will not report someone for just using a curse word while speaking.

Unfortunately there's no way to filter between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm not a child
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

So all the options and question are aimed at people with it off yet there are further questions / discussion speculating about why those of us who have it on do so. Seems both groups should have been asked to get proper representation of both sides rather than the "lol cus they idiots huw offended by bad words lolol" assumption from numerous 'turned off' users.

You'll find people like myself not actually offended by profanity however that doesn't mean I want to read profanity laden sentences every 10 seconds from people with a lacking vocabulary to compose a proper argument.

If I wanted the game to replace my words with random gibberish, I'd talk in Darnassian.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    this, really.

Deleted
    Looking at wording used in poll options and lack of basic options that don't imply that player is either a child or a dick, it is clear OP got a bit upset about new silence feature. That means he's one of those toxic players that spouts profanity in channels and is afraid he's going to be silenced.

Deleted
    Because the censoring usually works in a really stupid way and censors words that are perfectly fine. It also annoys me a lot more to see a bunch of !#¤("&¤(#"% or ***** in the chat rather than actual words.

Deleted
    1) Because I have no problem with profanity as such, it's all about how it is used, and the filter doesn't really change that.
    2) The filter is not the most intelligent piece of software ever written and often censors (parts of) innocent words, which is just plain annoying.