Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    What's plainly clear to me is that most people here can't see the forest for the trees. It's fairly clear that Erdogan planned this entire scenario himself. He's either watched the plot for "V for Vendetta" or he got some tips from his boy Putin after meeting with him last week. The supposed coup attempt was disorganized and used conscripts, not regulars. The first move in any coup is to secure the leader, which didn't happen. With this event, Erdogan can now claim more presidential powers with the justification of protecting democracy. Any Erdogan dissenters can now be treated as traitors and in league with the coup and quietly taken care of. This is how democracy dies without anyone even recognizing it, just like what happened with Palpatine in Star Wars.
    That seems to be a sentiment that's picking up steam with people as the day/night has gone on.

It definitely was haphazardly done. Allowing for quick quelling of the main part of the coup. What's left is bound to give up soon.

It being a ruse by Erdogen to consolidate more power for himself and giving him the ability to deal with dissenters with an ironfist is a scary thought, but not nearly as outragous of an idea as I'd like.

Deleted
    Not sure how true it is but the rumour mill is saying Erdogan is seeking asylum in Germany. Got turned down and is now heading towards London.

Edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ayyip-erdogan/
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2016-07-16 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    B/c Christianity is no longer an expansionist religion and is usually completely separated from state matters.

Christianity is usually just "there" but can't actually do anything besides giving it's followers warm, fuzzy feelings on Sunday mornings.
    There is an entire political party in the US that begs to differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Not sure how true it is but the rumour mill is saying Erdogan is seeking asylum in Germany. Got turned down and is now heading towards London.

That's been a rumour about 5 hours ago. And it was quickly disproven by tracking the plan of Erdogan over Turkey. Which we could do here on the forum. So... bit late to the party.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    I live in Turkey and you have no idea about the shitstorm we are living. Helicopters attacked civilians, our parliament got bombed, police stations got raided by soldiers and many policemen died. You talk like this is something fraud and made by government itself. Maybe it is, but right now our country is in chaos.

If it not for our people's will to have freedom and democrasy, this coup would have been successful. Those mofos saw our power when we are united.
    The coup was successful, just not the way you thought it was. Erdogan is using democracy against itself to complete his powers. The only scenario that makes sense is him staging a fake coup himself. The people thinking they are defending Democracy just inadvertently and unknowingly empowered Erdogan. The army and any other faction won't dare stand up to him now. Just over a thousands deaths is a small price for him to pay for absolute power when he's not the one losing blood. Turkey just went into the night as a Democracy with a Totalitarian ruler and came out the other side with just its Totalitarian Ruler. It's not too hard to connect the dots or what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post

7 hours ago, he was landed on the airport in Istanbul to be with the people. He was getting ready to give a public speech. He didn't give it yet. Since the coup is over, there is no reason to seek asylum in an another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I'm trying to connect the dots here. Goverment under fire -> Goverment calls in fanatic erdoghan orc 'civilians' through state run islamic ruling body diyet ->mosques call people to action/prayer at 2 in the morning -> people alah akhbarring their way onto tanks and whatnot -> things escalate.

Again, im no fan of coups.. But I don't particularily like dictatorships either... Theres really no winning here, but imo this outcome has a lot more losers.
    My issue is that this topic is filled with people nearly declaring the army as some holy deity that did nothing wrong. They forget that they opened fire on innocent, unarmed civilians without any thought or care.
    And what do these pro army people scream "Islam needs to be stopped because innocent victims!" and they celebrate? innocent victims.

Funny enough, when a coup happened in their country, and that army started killing civilians? These same posters would be raging as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    There is an entire political party in the US that begs to differ.
    US is a secular country, yes?

Then christianity is just used to get voters. The church has no say in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The coup was successful, just not the way you thought it was. Erdogan is using democracy against itself to complete his powers. The only scenario that makes sense is him staging a fake coup himself. The people thinking they are defending Democracy just inadvertently and unknowingly empowered Erdogan. The army and any other faction won't dare stand up to him now. Just over a thousands deaths is a small price for him to pay for absolute power when he's not the one losing blood. Turkey just went into the night as a Democracy with a Totalitarian ruler and came out the other side with just its Totalitarian Ruler. It's not too hard to connect the dots or what will happen next.
    We all thought about it. There is a chance that he's trying to guarantee his monarchy by having presidency system, because he wants this for years. However, there is a person named Fethullah Gulen. He is a very powerful man. He tried to rule Turkey from Pennsylvania. 1563 soldiers got arrested and it showed that he has over 1.500 people inside of Turkey. And believe me, Gulen hates Erdogan.
    This is a video where he curses to Erdogan for closing his money making schools. Gulen had a lot of schools in Turkey and still has a lot of schools throughout the world. I was in one of the schools, because those schools are one of the few schools which gave good education and had people who wouldn't look you down for praying. Then Gulen went mad. There is a high possibility that this is not made by Erdogan. Of course I might be wrong.

It's easy for you to make conspiracy theories when you don't live in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    My issue is that this topic is filled with people nearly declaring the army as some holy deity that did nothing wrong. They forget that they opened fire on innocent, unarmed civilians without any thought or care.
    And what do these pro army people scream "Islam needs to be stopped because innocent victims!" and they celebrate? innocent victims.

Funny enough, when a coup happened in their country, and that army started killing civilians? These same posters would be raging as hell.
    Im thinking its a poor attempt for a noble and just cause.. Knowing full well that no matter what, everybody would lose last night. Democracy has died already in turkey, perhaps people see this as a way for her to return.

Ah well,.. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Watch now as he slaps 5 stars on his shoulder and becomes the General of the Army dissolving the last control on the government.
    That's more or less a given. Either he'll take over or he'll place one of his flunkies in control. He'll also finish his purge of the ranks that he started years back.

Regardless, there's not going to be anything limiting him now. The military was all that was left.

They have started to lynch the rebel soldiers.
    more pictures here:
    http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4829001,00.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Watch now as he slaps 5 stars on his shoulder and becomes the General of the Army dissolving the last control on the government.
    It would be the comically grotesque thing to do for a dictator in any dictator-run third world country.

Yep I could totally see this happening!

So now the witch hunts will start. They never learn, do they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    They have started to lynch the rebel soldiers.
    That first picture is a civilian and has been circulatinf for a while.. Either way.. Yeah, it's madness in turkey atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Go to 4chan if you get a boner from crushed bodies. I prefer clean political talk. And yes, I've seen my fair share of bodies. Stop talking bullshit if you don't know the person you're talking to.
    You're telling people to not even post links to stuff that MAY disturb you. That is just pathetic. I don't get a boner from it, retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    That first picture is a civilian and has been circulatinf for a while.. Either way.. Yeah, it's madness in turkey atm.
    The text under it on the site said "A soldier that was beaten to death body"

but they're also getting their news from other news site, so good chance you might be right since there is a lot of confusion.

Deleted

but they're also getting their news from other news site, so good chance you might be right since there is a lot of confusion.
    Yeah, it's a terribly grim picture either way, these are individuals getting caught up in larger schemes, i feel for these people.

Speaking about confusion, the presidential palace just got bombed.. Is civil war looming? Very troubling either way

https://youtu.be/mgA5wsshJm8

Actually im uncertain of when this was taken.. The description says friday but I was of the understanding that the coup didnt start till nightfall?
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2016-07-16 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

a few pages back there was a twitter video of a tank hitting some people and a guard rail. Mangled bodies. was alot of see ><
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    Ugh The coup should have been a success... fucking Erdogan..

- - - Updated - - -

TURKISH HELICOPTER LANDED IN ALEXANDROUPOLIS AIRPORT (N-E GREECE), POSSIBLY WITH DEFECTED TURKISH OFFICIALS