Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ghostbusters-stereotype.jpg
    This is one of the more amazing things about this movie; nobody cares to bring up how racist the portrayal of that character is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    an essential part of the team that gets no time to shine and hardly any lines until the lackluster sequel
    He has some of the best lines in the first movie shut up.

He has some of the best lines in the first movie shut up.
    yeah that lines good, but when does he ever do anything? i just watched the movie again, hes barely a part of the team at all in the first one, they dont clue him in on things, theres practically no chemistry between him and the others. hes just there to occasionally insult the rest and try and downplay any involvement he has in the team until the very end

you can claim the portrayal in the new movie is "racist" (how is it racist when its an accurate portrayal of the actresses personality and partially improvised???) but atleast shes in the movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Okay. Warcraft cost 160 million to make.
    Ghostbusters cost 144 - 154 million depending on source.

Advertising is a serial rapist when it comes to the wallets of movie studios so a huge chunk of profit is dependent on advertisings use of lube on your wallet or not.

Why am I comparing the two? Cause Warcraft made over 400 million and is considered a flop. They say they are in the red 15 million and that stings a little.

I don't see ghostbusters doing that much better than Warcraft over all. So yeah, low 400 range. Who knows, it may surprise us.

What I am getting at is the media reporting. They are coming off severely wonky regarding this. People outright say the film is bad, but give high scores. Then they say the low estimates for a big budget film of a huge franchise shows "solid" performance.

So if ghostbusters makes 400 million or less, and these yahoos call it a success, I am officially calling bullshit on their reliability and citing tha as evidence. Not to mention the advertising budget for ghostbusters has to be fucking stupid high since they brought back ecto coolers and shit. Money had to be exchanged. All that product placement may help, but I would not be shocked if advertising wound up higher than Warcraft.

I'll be watching the box office numbers closely.
    400 - 160 =/= in the red. Mmo champ reporged warcraft cost more like 500 million to make. 160 is fantasy land.

10+ Year Old Account

you can claim the portrayal in the new movie is "racist" (how is it racist when its an accurate portrayal of the actresses personality and partially improvised???) but atleast shes in the movie
    Its racist because she a stereotypical angry, loud, ultra-religious black woman. And being featured heavily in a movie that has that as well as sexism on both the male and female sides is not a good thing.

THEY BLAST GHOSTS IN THE DICK TO KILL THEM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

And thats not even the only problems the film has. The CGI is terrible you have to be really fucking bad to make the ghosts in this movie look worse than the original movie from the 80s.

This movie is just a cash grab from Sony.

I know you have a boner for that one woman but don't try to play this film off as something its not because shes in it.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-07-16 at 09:02 AM.

Its racist because she a stereotypical angry, loud, ultra-religious black woman. And being featured heavily in a movie that has that as well as sexism on both the male and female sides is not a good thing.

THEY BLAST GHOSTS IN THE DICK TO KILL THEM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

And thats not even the only problems the film has. The CGI is terrible you have to be really fucking bad to make the ghosts in this movie look worse than the original movie from the 80s.

This movie is just a cash grab from Sony.
    the cgi is fine.

again, how is it racist if thats who she is? are you saying the actress herself is racist?

who cares if they hit a ghost in the dick? in the first movie they beat the bad guy by "crossing the streams" with their pseudo dick beams
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

This was in no way better than Ghostbusters 2. It was also indeed sexist and racist and it's just as bad as Independence Day 2 if not worse.

Deleted
    the cgi is fine
    This we are allowed to discuss, and that's like, your opinion, man.

again, how is it racist if thats who she is? are you saying the actress herself is racist?

who cares if they hit a ghost in the dick? in the first movie they beat the bad guy by "crossing the streams" with their pseudo dick beams
    These are things we're not allowed to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    400 - 160 =/= in the red. Mmo champ reporged warcraft cost more like 500 million to make. 160 is fantasy land.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...-office-895244

That says otherwise. However, yes, they are still 'in the red'. The movie is expected to lose $15 million according to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/war.../1100-6441815/). This likely has to do with the fact that production costs do not necessarily cover everything to do with the movie.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2016-07-16 at 09:15 AM.

Do a google search man. You just look silly now.

And I was a part of that thread and saw where the number came from. It's a combo of the production costs, advertising costs (estimated to be at least the cost of the film) and other deals that dictated how much the studio would get from theaters.

And as the other poster said for me, it's already confirmed warcraft is in the red 15 million. That isn't my number, that is what everyone is reporting from the info the studio is putting out.

This isnt a Warcraft thread but Duncan Jones said that article about WC 15 mln in the red was inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...-office-895244

That says otherwise. However, yes, they are still 'in the red'. The movie is expected to lose $15 million according to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/war.../1100-6441815/). This likely has to do with the fact that production costs do not necessarily cover everything to do with the movie.
    Ive discussed this many times in the Warcraft movie thread but the numbers they quote for the cost of films are bullshit. Movie studios charge themselves the ridiculous fees to force the movie into the red so they can avoid taxes and paying out higher portions to investors actor producers ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The main complaint is that there's a remake, that clearly isn't good, and that clearly also has at least like a 90% SJW component to it; they didn't choose the actors or the plot or the dialogue or the screenplay because they/it was good, but because SJW. OK? It's not a remake that was made because there was an amazing idea with an amazing plot and amazing this and that, but it was because SJW and all female and let's do this and the end result? Shit.

So, people calling them out on that are absolutely in the right, they absolutely should call them out on that, and the fact that the shit end result is because of SJW bullshit, and this "all female cast", is just a part of it. Another part is that every single female actor in this all female cast is a shit actor, and they get to be called shit actors. They don't get some shield or bubble because they're women.

So that's my take on it. Or part of it, a quick part of it. I'm drunk again so who knows.
    So where were these crusaders for the other countless remakes Hollywood does.

Transformers? Teenage Miutant Ninja Turtles? Even the Worst of the Michael Bay movies wasn't nearly as hated as Ghostbusters was before the thing even came out.

So then what left is there to take away but the usual blatant Nerd Culture Misogyny?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Transformers? Teenage Miutant Ninja Turtles?
    Both of those franchises have gotten an immense amount of hate. The Turtles reboot was shot down ages before the movie came out.

Nerd Culture Misogyny?
    Blah blah blah.

Transformers? Teenage Miutant Ninja Turtles? Even the Worst of the Michael Bay movies wasn't nearly as hated as Ghostbusters was before the thing even came out.

So then what left is there to take away but the usual blatant Nerd Culture Misogyny?

- There is a lot of hate for all those remakes you mentioned. I even recall Shia going nuts for a little while with references to his Indiana Jones and Transformers characters.

- If the director of all those remakes acted as Feig did, their hatred would be just as big.

- The sexism accusation is completely fabricated by Sony and eaten up by people who have not paid attention the the criticisms of the film.

The vast majority of people have no issues with the female leads. And those that do cite the fact they just don't think they are funny.

Bonus: if Adam Sandler and crew were the stars, the backlash would be FAR worse. FACT.

Both of those franchises have gotten an immense amount of hate. The Turtles reboot was shot down ages before the movie came out.
    Except they didn't. Not to nearly the same scope and extent as Ghostbusters did.

Blah blah blah.
    Did it hurt when you walked out the door and tripped because you forgot to tie your clown shoes?

Deleted
    Except they didn't. Not to nearly the same scope and extent as Ghostbusters did.
    Of course they did. You're absolutely wrong. Even more so than this movie did, throughout the entire lifespan of those franchises, which is far longer than what this movie has been in existence.

Did it hurt when you walked out the door and tripped because you forgot to tie your clown shoes?
    If I had stooped to that level, I'd be infracted already for "minor flaming". But, since I don't report anyone, and you're probably not anywhere near as hated as I am on these forums, your little kindergarten-level insult there will go without an infraction.

First off, Ghostbusters is a way more widely beloved franchise than any of those other films. Secondly, a merely bad film becomes insidious when it mixes its terribleness with an agenda to push. Third, I really hope you're kidding because there were plenty of people shitting on the Transformers movies, for example. It's just that the media didn't make a deal out of it because there were no 'female champions of feminism' to white knight for. Anyone claiming it was about sexism are trying to feed their own bias and nothing more.

Of course they did. You're absolutely wrong. Even more so than this movie did, throughout the entire lifespan of those franchises, which is far longer than what this movie has been in existence.

If I had stooped to that level, I'd be infracted already for "minor flaming". But, since I don't report anyone, and you're probably not anywhere near as hated as I am on these forums, your little kindergarten-level insult there will go without an infraction.
    the only reboot that got this much hate was indiana jones and that movie was actually bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    First off, Ghostbusters is a way more widely beloved franchise than any of those other films.
    more than ninja turtles? lol no

Warcraft cost 160 to make. This does not include marketing which also costs millions of dollars. Then you have to factor in where the revenue is coming from and how much of the cut are distributors and theater chains taking. So we all know it bombed here in North America. North America is where studios make the most money because theres less hands in the pie. Foreign distributors take a piece of the cut so your getting less there. And China where Warcraft made its biggest profit, the studio doesnt really see much of that money either.

Now the good thing about china is that a chinese studio recently purchased legendary pictures so hopefully that means that the china numbers will infact go directly back to the studio as the distribution is no longer foreign.