Hey pvp shadows!

In the last days i played a ton of arena on the legion beta realms and it felt much better for some reason. I couldn't confirm why, so i posted on the forum when or if they would publish template and pvp ability changes. Holinka respondend very quick and some hours later he posted this:

PvP Stat Templates and Spell Multipliers (July 15th, 2016)
    Base stats:
    Primary Stat (Agility, Intellect, Strength): 11475
    Secondary Stat (Mastery, Critical Strike, Haste, Versatility): 4079
    Stamina: 22000

Shadow Priest
    Mastery: 75%
    Versatility: 150%
    Critical Strike: 75%

Stats in arena:

So we have the most Versatility of any spec and no ability nerfs. Versatility is a great if not the best stat for pvp shadows.

I think the template was changed recently.

They also nerfed some classes like windwalkers and this is a very good sign.
    <inactive>

Shit, just when I was leveling my boomkin

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Hey pvp shadows!
    Which only proves the point that we require passive DR to function properly.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey pvp shadows!

In the last days i played a ton of arena on the legion beta realms and it felt much better for some reason. I couldn't confirm why, so i posted on the forum when or if they would publish template and pvp ability changes. Holinka respondend very quick and some hours later he posted this:

Base stats:

Shadow Priest

Stats in arena:

So we have the most Versatility of any spec and no ability nerfs. Versatility is a great if not the best stat for pvp shadows.

15% thats exactly wht i have on live in pvp i believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey pvp shadows!

Base stats:

Shadow Priest

Stats in arena:

Lol im glad yu noticed as well. Kudos on the response from the blue. Pvp does feel much better.

Have yu been playing around with Mind Control? Been having a lot more success with it now that we havent been getting fisted.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So for some reason they gave me beta.. little late but thanks anyway
    Downloading right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    15% thats exactly wht i have on live in pvp i believe.
    In the last season gear, with gear being enchanted with versatility.
    <inactive>

7+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 stm, edge of insanity pvp build nerf lol.

3 minutes of casting on the move without going into vf is pretty neat but then yu die, horribly. Edge of insanity will keep yu @20% extra damage at all times too. Mania is amazing with this build as well. Downside is you cant go in vf while stm is active so yu lose VB and VTor. Oh and you die, horribly. And then die again lol.
    @Alanar, congratz!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Inb4 stm, edge of insanity pvp build nerf lol.

3 minutes of casting on the move without going into vf is pretty neat but then yu die, horribly. Edge of insanity will keep yu @20% extra damage at all times too. Mania is amazing with this build as well. Downside is you cant go in vf while stm is active so yu lose VB and VTor. Oh and you die, horribly. And then die again lol.
    @Alanar, congratz!

Yes, I saw this vid and realy.. even if it's a 10 min cd it seems way more with in combination with San'layn and stuff to get some nice VT damage PLUS survivabillity!
    Thanks man<3
    @Theed
    You feel less squishy is the healing any better then before with vers in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yes, I saw this vid and realy.. even if it's a 10 min cd it seems way more with in combination with San'layn and stuff to get some nice VT damage PLUS survivabillity!
    Thanks man<3
    @Theed
    You feel less squishy is the healing any better then before with vers in your experience?
    Self healing is fine if we can cast. I think mana management needs some tuning, because we are oom after 4 shadowmend or 1 Mass Dispel. Psychic Scream also needs mana.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Loving driven to madness if there is a melee on you in arena, gets you easily over 30 stacks in vf only downside being void eruption has a cast time so gotta juke.

Hey pvp shadows!

Base stats:

Shadow Priest

Stats in arena:

I was hoping they would do this to tune specs. Good to see that list. Seeing how drastic some of the modifiers are it makes you kind of wonder how they even had a prayer of doing this in the past without this kind of control.

Not liking the change one bit. They nerf crit and add a bit of versatility. They should instead give us a ton of crit, dump mastery down. Crit is also defense, especially if you crit on heals, and do critical damage while shield is up. Plus critical shield is another layer of defense yet again...

*sigh* :/

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Not liking the change one bit. They nerf crit and add a bit of versatility. They should instead give us a ton of crit, dump mastery down. Crit is also defense, especially if you crit on heals, and do critical damage while shield is up. Plus critical shield is another layer of defense yet again...

dunno why you are upset but vers is way better than any other stat in pvp point for point. they also added an amount of vers equal to the stats they took off crit and mastery, so this is technically a buff.

Deleted
    Bit surprised we dont have any sort of talent,pvp talent or artifact perk to make fade do something useful. It would fit in lore wise. Like fade makes you immune to physical harm for x seconds. Would really help us with the melee face rape.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I spent the entirety of a mythic Vault of the Warden swapping between different gear sets and talent setups to try and eke out as much damage. The overarching conclusion I came to was: why am I even fucking bothering, the monk with 25 fewer item levels and a shitty, underleveled artifact weapon is pulling one million DPS on trash and pushing out numbers I only get during Surrender to Madness on bosses.

This fucking spec, I swear to God..
    If thats your conclusion then change classes and stop posting here please. I don't think I've seen you contribute anything but whines. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post

Why would you want an RNG increase over an guaranteed increase that also reduces damage that you take upfront?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If thats your conclusion then change classes and stop posting here please. I don't think I've seen you contribute anything but whines. Ever.
    Unlike you, who really contributes nothing beside blizzdroning and trying to force people to do what you want, he actually contributes, like, a lot. Example:

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This sticks out to me. Like, what? Vampiric Touch is higher DPS than SW:P. 14 seconds of VT does more damage than 14 seconds of SW:P. Baseline VT does 29% of SP per second, SW:P does 22.5% (excluding the instant burst, ~25% with it). Auspicious Spirits and a lot of crit will bump that up a bit, but San'layn with mastery bumps up VT (and SW:P) a lot.

In terms of raw damage for multidot, mastery/San'layn should be very strong. The only thing AS has going for it is the 4 insanity pops from AS. I think that's a fair trade for actually knowing your spells will pull through when you want to instead of having to roll the dice on your 30% crit chance and praying you get lucky enough to make your shit work.

There's a reason crit-based specs all have a bunch of passives and mechanics to prop up their critical strike chance..
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    Bit surprised we dont have any sort of talent,pvp talent or artifact perk to make fade do something useful. It would fit in lore wise. Like fade makes you immune to physical harm for x seconds. Would really help us with the melee face rape.
    Well they even removed the 10% damage reduction in alpha and removed it from the gcd. Wish they scraped mania. Hate this talent.
    <inactive>

As a main spec healer who plans on leveling as Shadow, yet only getting 13 artifact traits (as has been highly suggested to do for healers), which 13 traits will get me the most bang for my buck?